Intake Fan For A Tent

• Thread starter Smoking Gun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Question for those growing in a tent; how do you control light coming into the tent through the intake fan? I have used a dryer vent cap with some cheese cloth over it, but I am not convinced that was sufficient for actually keeping light out. So I was wondering what other tent growers are using to keep light out while letting air in.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Question for those growing in a tent; how do you control light coming into the tent through the intake fan? I have used a dryer vent cap with some cheese cloth over it, but I am not convinced that was sufficient for actually keeping light out. So I was wondering what other tent growers are using to keep light out while letting air in.

Several choices, run ventilation out and out a Turn in it also you can buy some black pantyhose and cover the end- blocks light and filters shit from coming in tent. That’s all I do and have never had an issue. I run a tube out the vent and it drops 90 deg on the inside and hangs out the outside at 90 deg to the tent ( forms an upside down U shape) then the outside end has pantyhose over it. Done deal

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i run the carbon filter standing on end,run vent tube to intake hole in bottom of tent,i then put a big box over it to help keep some of the dust from outside coming in,controller for the intake down low and exhaust wide open going out back into the room if you dig,the box helps a lot with noise level,i leave it about 2 inch from wall to come in back side of the box,box back is cut out,down at the intake i just cut a hole threw box to fit a 6 in vent hose down to 4 in ,shoved threw the hole and ears bent over the inside of tent,on back the box i left about 6 in of the box at top to hold a little structure so the box would stand on it on

Top Bottom