Intake From Outside Or Inside House?

• Thread starter nath
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nath

nath

Hey guys,

I'm almost done setting up my first room. All my seeds have popped, I just need to create intakes. I have an 8" exhaust for a 8.5 x 5 x 7 room. The room is pretty well sealed. I live in southern California so the weather is pretty mild.

A: I can create passive intakes to pull air from outside the house at ground level.
B: I can create a passive intake to pull air from inside the house. House isn't air conditioned, just heated sometimes but it doesn't get too cold here. Size could be up to 14x28 but it would be 30" off the ground. This would probably be easiest since it would mean not having to cut through the exterior walls.

Any big reasons to take one over the other? Thanks guys.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Always use colder air from what you're shooting for for the intake unless you get like -10° in winter. I'd keep both options and use the better one at the time ofbthe year to easier control the temps or even mix them. In every case, keep hepa filters on the intake and wash them regularly.

nath

nath

Coldest it gets here is 40s and usually not that cold. Can get a little humid in the mornings with fog though.

Top Bottom