Inter-nodal Spacing ?

• Thread starter Cheeseburg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cheeseburg

Hi all. Just wanted to reach out and ask, what is your ideal inter-node spacing? First time grower here really and I see many different distances. I see some stretchy ass lookin plants and some stocky girls. Mine are on the stockier side and I’m wondering if they’ll be ok for bud production later on. I’m waiting for preflowers and then I’ll cull the males and train the ladies out...thanks!

Inter nodal spacing
Inter nodal spacing 2
Inter nodal spacing 3
Reactions: Ina
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
It depends on your goals. Each strategy has its benefits.

I like mine a little more on the shorter size due to grow space height constraints, but that's me and my situation. There's really no wrong way of doing it.

If you want them to stretch then you'll want to move your lights further away from them or decrease the amount of intense lighting they get. The opposite is true if you want more compact plants.

Looking good btw! Kudos.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Running 24 hrs will also keep them shorter and compact, as they do most of their growing during the dark. There is another thread somewhere regarding the merits/issues with going 24. Giving 22 hours might be enough to keep them short while still allowing them to get a short dark period. The strain you are growing is probably the biggest variable, as Sativas tend to have more lanky frames, while Indica is typically bushier. Of course, training them is also very important, although it doesn't affect spacing as much as the strain and photoperiod.

C

Cheeseburg

Here is an update. Searched around and ended up going with 1.75 gallon pots. It was closest to two and not as big as three which would be too big for the tent I thinks. One of the jacks had a rough transplant but that’s ok,,,,she’ll bounce back I hope better than ever, she was already feeling pretty rough.

Thanks for the advice, this actually makes about x999999 more sense than I was using ... more vertical space, better plant arrangement, I can easily isolate one if need be. Awesome.

DDCA5297 DFB5 444D B856 BE2D322F9B7A
Reactions: Ina
C

Cheeseburg

Realizing now I didn’t get that advice on this forum but still. UPDATE! Haha. Should I feed after transplanting ?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Realizing now I didn’t get that advice on this forum but still. UPDATE! Haha. Should I feed after transplanting ?

After something traumatic like that, I like to give them a week to get some new root growth and get more comfortable in their new digs. Once they are established and back to growing well, then you can decide if you do or don't want to give 'em a snack. Different methods have different requirements, and everybody has their own recipe that works for them. There are not too many hard metal do's and dont's. Give plenty to eat...but not too much, give plenty of light...but not too hot. I grow in buckets with Promix and feed weekly during 18, and as needed weekly or bi-weekly. Your bottom leaves will often give you an indication of too much or too little fertilizer, so pay close attention, especially if they start to yellow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom