Interesting...Re-Vegging for yeild-Crazy branching!

• Thread starter JaySin420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JaySin420

JaySin420

Got a good one guys.....

Start a clone just like normal. Skip whole veg and put right into flower after roots are down. After first sign of heavy flower, 2-3 weeks, take into veg right where it woulda started off as a clone. It will take an extra 2-3 weeks to start back to veg. At this point it will have turned all bud sites into branching monsters. The plant should at this point be about the same size or larger like it would be going into your flower area normaly with the insane amount of branches from the old bud sites now. It will be so crouded with branches it will not alow light under upper area so a clean trim of ALL under/inside growth is needed to make tops worth having so many. I mean leave only top/outside most 100 or so shoots nothing under them at all. All my test plants turned into balls about 3 foot round and had 100s of tops without topping once!

Not sure if potentcy is effected or taste but wow it does make alotta branches without any training or topping and same time as it takes to straight up veg a large bush....nice!

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Make sure you choose a uber stable strain or your room will turn into a NANNER FACTORY!!!!

JaySin420

JaySin420

Make sure you choose a uber stable strain or your room will turn into a NANNER FACTORY!!!!

LOL - I must have some good stains then....even my NYCD cut does ok, and it is easy to get it to go hermie. Its always got one pod per bud on every run....soma never tryed to breed out the tendency to be hermie he just did selection based on when the pollen dropped outta pods. The seed stock he sold when i got my seeds from him had to go almost 16 weeks before pollen dropped outta the pods. he says pick near 12 weeks, but it has many harvest windows from 9 weeks to 16 depending on how ripe/narcotic you like your smoke..... on my large grows of Diesel i let it go past ten, but before 12 weeks for best potency, weight packs on to almost 14 weeks but loses some potentcy after 12 - 13 weeks, when it starts to run apart (foxtail or grow dreads lol), even my nycd crosses i have do ok on re-veg, I think as long as you wait till plants are truly back to FULL veg from flower, your ok to go back to flower without too much worry....so far no issues and still potent (smoking some re-vegged / re-flowered NYCD right now lol)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Re-Veg on purpose?:confused: Being a newb I have Reveged a few times and it was ugly...

o_O but those were more than a few weeks into flower

hmm..If this method works indoors...Im thinkingo_O ........ This would work outdoors as well.... right?

Here in Cali we have bout 13 hours of daylight right now....I have plants that are inside getting 16/8 450mh...If I harden them now...They may start to flower because of the shortened light period. But I think they would come back to veg. in a few weeks with the days getting longer......

Can some of you outdoor farmers tell me if this might be a good idea?

K

kushtrees

If you root a clone that was taken about week 2-3 in flower it will do the same thing

I took a bunch of blue cheese clones when they were in week 3 of flower, when they finally rooted the the very first cola spots had 4-8 colas coming out of the lil prebud it was cool. Took awhile to reveg completely and when they were ready to flower they had around 8 tops each without any topping or training.

Flowered these and by week 3 they all fell over, the branches weren't as strong, I def should have tied em up and it would have worked way better. I think the fact that there was a 4-8 cola split in one spot on the bottom of the plant made them not as structurally sound. Very full canopy though and ended up coming out nice no hermies

deep buddy

deep buddy

Re-Veg on purpose?:confused: Being a newb I have Reveged a few times and it was ugly...

o_O but those were more than a few weeks into flower

hmm..If this method works indoors...Im thinkingo_O ........ This would work outdoors as well.... right?

Here in Cali we have bout 13 hours of daylight right now....I have plants that are inside getting 16/8 450mh...If I harden them now...They may start to flower because of the shortened light period. But I think they would come back to veg. in a few weeks with the days getting longer......

Can some of you outdoor farmers tell me if this might be a good idea?
yes if you put em out they will start to flower now. although from my experience all but a few strains really never bounced back, and re vegging plants out doors is an insane vector for molds. fwiw

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
re vegging plants out doors is an insane vector for molds. fwiw

I found that out the hard way too.

Thanks for the info Bro! :)

Im gonna do my best to stay away from reveg..

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Any photos of the method describe in the first post? Sounds interesting. Would like to see exactly what occurs after re-vegging.

I'd love to see this method as well.

outwest

JaySin420

JaySin420

Will take some pics today when i go to the lab of the re-vegged plants in week two of flower to show you the crazy branching it causes... have to do it again with a photo of each week to show the whole grow. i think each strain is gonna need its own amount of time in veg to un-flower and start to re-veg. I have a strain that dont do it well at all, its a local outdoor indica that isnt so easy to grow anyways. Its still flowering after three weeks on 24 hours lol, maybe some auto in it i think, outdoors here has barily 8 weeks flower if weather is good and this ones always done before the others outside. think this may work better with sativas then with indicas. although my nl#12 and #1 do ok on this setup, but they are 9+ weeks for flower....will try to get some pics tho

EVOKE

EVOKE

CAN ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT THREE LEAF STRAINS... IS IT A MUTATION OR GENETIC THING...

Fred Norris

Fred Norris

CAN ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT THREE LEAF STRAINS... IS IT A MUTATION OR GENETIC THING...

My suggestion would be to either type the question into google or start your own thread with that question because hijacking other peoples threads with your own questions that do not pertain to the topic isnt gonna get you too far. For instance why would you post a question about your revegging issue on a contest thread verses here on an actual revegging thread? Youve had 5 comments so far and every one of them has been off topic.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Got a good one guys.....

Start a clone just like normal. Skip whole veg and put right into flower after roots are down. After first sign of heavy flower, 2-3 weeks, take into veg right where it woulda started off as a clone. It will take an extra 2-3 weeks to start back to veg. At this point it will have turned all bud sites into branching monsters. The plant should at this point be about the same size or larger like it would be going into your flower area normaly with the insane amount of branches from the old bud sites now. It will be so crouded with branches it will not alow light under upper area so a clean trim of ALL under/inside growth is needed to make tops worth having so many. I mean leave only top/outside most 100 or so shoots nothing under them at all. All my test plants turned into balls about 3 foot round and had 100s of tops without topping once!

Not sure if potentcy is effected or taste but wow it does make alotta branches without any training or topping and same time as it takes to straight up veg a large bush....nice!
here another way (better imo) to make lots of tops
BentBG5 4 27

LetsSeeYa

LetsSeeYa

Ok iv done this, but i didn't start with a clone. I had my first indoor grow that turned out better then i thought. So while reading i came across re vegging, hhhmmmm, sounded interesting. So i fallowed what the grower did, but he only re vegged inside, i wanted to try them outside.

You need to grow your plant out and harvest all buds from the top down through the middle too, leaving just a few on the most outer part of the plant. This is were your getting the mad branch growth, my friend that re veg's inside leaves no buds on the plant, only leaf. Then while your enjoying the buds, you pull the plant outta the pot, cut all 4 sides and the bottom, do this when the plant is bone dry. Put soil in the bottom of the same pot, oh BTW ya cut off about 2'', but then put your plant into its same pot and fill in around the plant with fresh soil. Now put into 18/6 till you see the new growth, look for even leaf fingers at first, then it will start to grow out odd leaves. Now is time for you to acclimate the plant to the Sun, i only put mine under a shade tree and takes little time, but feed veg nutes starting at re pot, my bad.

Once the plant is good with the Sun you just plant it and plant deep, but as iv had more outside then inside grows, this is my standard practice. Feed veg nutes till you see bud sites or better keep an eye on the weather dude for when 12/12 is about to be there in your area and start your Bloom ferts.

This was what i did without any outdoor instructions and got these, lol. The biggest yield i ever had and was even ripped off twice this grow. There was so much they couldn't carry it i think, not sure. But here is a few pics of just how big they get. The strains were Skunk#1 and then a NL#5 and one plant crossed with the two. The NL didn't make it, sucked cuz it was my favorite, but the Edna strain was killer. A friend gifted these beans to me and man they were good. Anyway here are some pic's, they all were at least 7' tall and close to the same around, big ones.

The last pic is what they look like just getting started to re veg, this is the Edna plant.

LSY
9 20 EDNA TIED UP

9 20 skunk x nl
8 16 edna
9 20 cross
6 8 EDNA RE VEG START

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Its cool how people are revegging to get more tops and more yield but with the extra time ya'll spend on revegging you could get the same (if not better) results indoors by Topping and LST'n, or outdoors by starting a plant off indoors for the first few weeks then put outside for the entire summer and get HUGE yields. just my 2 cents.

Chobble

Chobble

Its cool how people are revegging to get more tops and more yield but with the extra time ya'll spend on revegging you could get the same (if not better) results indoors by Topping and LST'n, or outdoors by starting a plant off indoors for the first few weeks then put outside for the entire summer and get HUGE yields. just my 2 cents.
I agree with you Lex.

Revegging doesnt actually get you more yield every time, The plant is made to live through one life cycle and it has been proven that re-vegged plants loose yield. While you may be getting more bud etc from the extra branching Re-vegging is literally more un-natural then feminzing seeds.

A lot of growers live by the "Keep em green" Standard, As long as my plants are green they are healthy. So why would you stress the plant in such a way instead of just taking a clone off of it when you flip her and have other plants ready to start a new cycle.

Now Cap has come back with some of the same research but just on clones. Ill try to find it but he posted a pick of a really branched out clone that he said was never topped etc just re-vegged.

My 2cents

Chobble

JaySin420

JaySin420

100_3012.JPG
100 3012
100 3014

I have not seen anything do better making massive branching in one spot like this! First pic i put my finger where the bud formed during flower and exploded into all them branches. 2nd pic you can see where other buds opened up into branch sites all over. As far as time overall, its exactly same as my veg would be on a normal run, 8 weeks veg, 8 weeks+ flower. First 2 weeks are clone time, then veg for 6 more before flower. If you remember the directions i gave say only flower till buds start forming, usually two weeks. Then it takes about the same amount to un-flower, leaves 4 weeks for veg after they recover. They are smaller bud sites but the amazing amount of sites may make up for it! I am gonna try to veg next set of testers for the 6 weeks like normal after clone to see if they dont produce even more, if not they just may over-grow my space lol.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom