Iron labs bunk results

• Thread starter brd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
happylittle

happylittle

Arborside uses a machine built by steep hill if Im correct. Its not as acurate and has a larger swing on its numbers then a good lab would. Off the top of my head i want to say it was up to 3 percent they said it could be off it uses some weird cloud sourcing technology. I could be totally wrong however. I havent payed much attention in the last two years and am feeling to lazy to check atm.

Bill Murry

Bill Murry

http://steephill.com/products
@happylittle You are right on about the Quanta machine and it's wild cloud based results we almost purchased"rented" their machine for the shop but the +\- error was to great for my comfort. @Prime C if you ever got time i'd make a trip down to meet Lev, Ben's the business side of things but Lev is brilliant and a serious Head. Steep hill is a cali company and does not accept out of state samples, i went trough this with a couple other labs around the country and couldn't get any of them to endorse sending samples direct. Their was only one east coast company who said if it happened to make it first over night to the lab the would run it for me before PSI got up and running.

SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

Hello all.. thought i'd Add my Thoughts here..
testing ?? The problem here to me would be
that THC being the chemical Mainly responseable
for the High ...how ever ,there are other chemicals
that contribute to that said High .. hence some weed
will hit you like a freight train Quickly & another will
take time to kick in so to speak (creeper) and this is
boils down to personal preferances as well ..
One reason i am not into vaperizers you do not
get the full Effects of all the chemicals together
i am no expert ..lol just how i see it
Stay high & Grow Strong

oscar169

oscar169

Farming šŸŒ±
Supporter
Herbal Solutions in Ypsi tested my Glue through PSI Labs at 19.5% then another sample went to the Green door in Ann Arbor which was sent to Arborside and then tested at Steep Hill Halent? Only 16.5%! My last batch was over 22% So im not putting much faith in these testing facilities. And where is Steep Hill at? I thought it was Cali. :confused:
That is what we need in Michigan is a Steep Hill lab so we could really know what is going on.

Cannis

Cannis

That is what we need in Michigan is a Steep Hill lab so we could really know what is going on.

I just recently did a comparison with psi and iron on sample buds from the same branch and adjacent nodes from 3 different strains and the results were in line with each other, though I did get the same foreign fibers bullshit this time around from the iron results.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming šŸŒ±
Supporter
Why Were Lab-Tested Mold Results Dismissed at the Michigan Cannabis Cup?

In our Cannabis Cup competitions, HIGH TIMES utilizes the highest standards of any cannabis competition in the world to determine the best cannabis products. These standards include using two separate, independent labs, as well as expert judges from the cannabis industry. HIGH TIMES routinely employs over 70 judges across more than a dozen competition categories to ensure the fairness and integrity of our competition.

In an attempt to provide the utmost transparency for our competition, HIGH TIMES - for the first time ever - allowed our partner labs to publish the lab results from the Michigan Cannabis Cup competition. HIGH TIMES erred innot asking one of our partner labs - Iron Laboratories of Walled Lake - to remove the unused values of their analyses on entry samples. These values included mold and pest results of samples.

As a rule, HIGH TIMES only uses mold results when a full mycotoxin test is performed on the entry samples. This was not the case at the 2015 MI Cup. Instead, a visual inspection was done by the lab as a PASS/ FAIL test. It is important to understand that complete myco tests are not routinely done at any cannabis competitions because the timeframe available for lab testing is prohibitive. Furthermoreā€”from a technical standpointā€”if all cannabis samples were subjected to myco testing, 99 percent of them would show some trace of mold spores, as they are nearly omnipresent on all living things. The question then is: What is the acceptable threshold for human consumption of mold spores?

Since consumed cannabis is smoked (i.e., heated at high temperatures), the threshold for the acceptability of spores on cannabis is much higher than that of food products, water supplies or medical equipment. And without a complete myco test on cannabis samples, no true PPM level could be determined by HIGH TIMES from the PASS/ FAIL results provided by Iron Labs. As such, HIGH TIMES relied on other check-and-balance measures to ensure the safety of the cannabis entered into the competition:

• Judges: Not a single one of our 72 expert judges reported seeing or smelling mold on any entry.
  • Visual Inspection by our Competition Committee: Of the entries reported to have mold, none were deemed to meet a minimum threshold of clear and present danger to our judges.
  • Second Partner Lab: Our second partner lab, PSI Labs of Ann Arbor, re-tested several entry samples - including some of the winners - and was unable to identify any entries that met a minimum threshold of mold to warrant a disqualification.
While the results from Iron Labs show an abnormally high incidence of mold on samples (over 30 percent of flowers were found to contain some form of mold), no mycotoxin tests were conducted, or PPM levels established. Iron Labs was simply doing its job, and due diligence in reporting what it considered to be mold, but that in no way means the spores identified were of any quantifiable or harmful level. This is why the entries were allowed to compete and ultimately why some of those very same entries took home awards.

HIGH TIMES apologizes for any inconvenience, misunderstanding or harm done resulting from these lab results being published. HIGH TIMES will take care in the future to ensure results are explained and understood by all. We thank everyone for their support of HIGH TIMES Cannabis Cups over the past 28 years, and we look forward to continued support and the ever-brighter future of cannabis around the world.

Cannis

Cannis

That was a dig at Iron Labs. There is one in Lansing but cant remember the name, I even have their card somewhere.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming šŸŒ±
Supporter
That was a dig at Iron Labs. There is one in Lansing but cant remember the name, I even have their card somewhere.
I here ya on Iron Labs, Went to PSI today with samples, They seemed super cool and prices weren't bad either, Now I just have to wait for the results to come in, I did the Cannabinoid Profiling and Terpenoid Profiling also.
PSILABS

john martin

john martin

I have heard nothing but great stuff about PSI. I'm gonna have to make me a trip soon and see whatup with those bulk discounts. I remember last time I talked to them via e-mail, the bulk discounts seem to keep getting cheaper the more u willing to spend, hehe. Might be a good idea to go at least once a year and drop off bulk test sample worse case that once a year would be some good info.

B

Brand N

So I've been testing Iron labs. I started seeing results that just didn't seem right. I decided to send in samples from the exact same cola but at different times. The results were totally inconsistent. One test at 21% then later the exact same bud tested at 14%. I've repeated the same scenario on a few other occasions with the same inconsistent results. Just another BS scam. I wonder if they even test it. For all we know they could be bringing the stuff in and feeding it directly into a CO2 extractor and were paying them to do it.
After about four years I'm finally glad to see someone post something about this. I had a similar experience, testing a flower that came in at 18% THC. I had overage delivered to a dispensary as a caregiver license. About a month after I received a call from the dispensary saying he had complaints about customers not getting THC effects. Then he proceeded to tell me he had it tested through iron labs a second time and the results were 18% total 8% THC 10% CBD. There was only one strand from one mother in this particular crop. It was lemon cake. I've often wondered if people had tried sending two samples on the same color as you have and figured they might get mixed results. I'm really shocked at the lack of honesty but then again looking at the laws how ridiculous it all is the claim a patent for medicinal purposes then turn around and say it's illegal because it doesn't have any medicinal value? The delusional lunacy drowns me in anger. But like iron labs told me at least I'm not in jail. Falsifying test results claiming it's legit and honest should be merits for jail time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom