Is It Too Early To Top?

• Thread starter Ganjagreenie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ganjagreenie

Ganjagreenie

Is it too early to top
My little plant is only 16 days old but it is growing quite well, I wanted to know if I can top it right above the third node after the top grows out a little bit more or if it is too early in the plants life.

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

View attachment 638367 My little plant is only 16 days old but it is growing quite well, I wanted to know if I can top it right above the third node after the top grows out a little bit more or if it is too early in the plants life.
When I topped,, that would be where I would do it.. This would make six branches of which the bottom two became clones (at 4" to 6" long).. So then you have 4.. I learned that one from Sub Cool.. Thanx SC

P

PhantomQ

When you mention "top" is that removing the top completely or the fimming technique?

amsterdammer

amsterdammer

Still too early buddy, yes the 3rd node is ok, but you should not count the first 2-3 nodes as @cocoJoe said, eather become clones or stay too weak and should be removed.

Kurly

Kurly

Should of fimmed pal fuck I missed all the way lol
I dont like to use the fim technique until ive topped at least once if not twice. I believe its becuase it doesnt properly redistribute the hormones needed for new growth like topping from the 6th node to the 3rd does. I just know it works well for me.

Tejashidrow

Tejashidrow

ABB38ED4 CF0F 4C1C 87D0 67DFBC826964
I top at 3rd node religiously
I also grow in small spaces
The plant is trained hard
As long as the plant is healthy and your
Topping early for a reason ( like heavy training)
Then I can see no problem.
Realize topping this early slows veg growth so prepare for that
3 weeks after Topped at 3rd node, trained heavy under 34 watts of led/Pll pic
Will go into bloom in 3 weeks
The longer stems will be trimmed back at that time to use as clones and to even out the canopy

Last edited:
Top Bottom