Is This Heat/light Stress?

• Thread starter Thelight413
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thelight413

Thelight413

My plants are showing this strange taco/extreme leaf curl inward, I'm unfamiliar with it.

I have them under a 315 cmh, it may have been a little to close so I raised it up a good bit, plants went from being under a t5 to the cmh about three days before this occurred, the growth is still growing quick and leaves look healthy despite the taco/curl, I've scoped for bugs and have not seen anything.

Any thoughts ?

Is this heatlight stress
Is this heatlight stress 2
Is this heatlight stress 3
Is this heatlight stress 4
Is this heatlight stress 5
B

Burned Haze

Here’s the first things I would check according to the pics and what you said :)

• Get a minimum 100x illuminated scope and check under the leaves and dominantly on the tocoing/curling leaves . I suspect it could be russet mites if it’s not heat stress .

So the two things you need are:
*100x scope for checking russet mites, their small!
* heat/humidity sensor with a probe on it so can set on a good level where the plants canopy is . You want to know your max temps and humidity at all times!

I run 3 cmh 315 and I let them be 2 1/2 -3 feet away from the plants and the room seems to stay not anymore hotter than 84 it’s a quest 155 in the room

Enforcer

Enforcer

That is heat stress. I would recommend raising the lights and making sure there is a fan blowing between the lights and the canopy.

Thelight413

Thelight413

Here’s the first things I would check according to the pics and what you said :)

• Get a minimum 100x illuminated scope and check under the leaves and dominantly on the tocoing/curling leaves . I suspect it could be russet mites if it’s not heat stress .

So the two things you need are:
*100x scope for checking russet mites, their small!
* heat/humidity sensor with a probe on it so can set on a good level where the plants canopy is . You want to know your max temps and humidity at all times!

I run 3 cmh 315 and I let them be 2 1/2 -3 feet away from the plants and the room seems to stay not anymore hotter than 84 it’s a quest 155 in the room
Thanks for the reply, waiting on a 100x scope to come in the mail to be sure but I am not seeing any bugs with plain eye view, nor am I seeing the glossy leaves a lot of people show with russet and broads, I've raised the light for the time being, hoping they come out of it over the next week. The growth is still very vigorous and healthy despite the leaf shape so I'm hoping they start to flatten out as soon as the new growth makes it's way in.

Thelight413

Thelight413

That is heat stress. I would recommend raising the lights and making sure there is a fan blowing between the lights and the canopy.
Right on, raised the lights a few days back and I'm hoping to see some changes in the new growth, In the past I put some small plants (still in solo cups) under a 315 and they didn't do so well, I don't know if its light intensity or what but kinda chasin my tail a bit here haha, thanks for the input

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Thanks for the reply, waiting on a 100x scope to come in the mail to be sure but I am not seeing any bugs with plain eye view, nor am I seeing the glossy leaves a lot of people show with russet and broads, I've raised the light for the time being, hoping they come out of it over the next week. The growth is still very vigorous and healthy despite the leaf shape so I'm hoping they start to flatten out as soon as the new growth makes it's way in.
Those wouldn't happen to GG#4 you are growing there?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Gg4 leaves don't do that. They twist around, but nothing like the op. Russet mites and broad mites can't be seen with naked eye. Scope only. Most can't even see spider mites with out a scope.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Gg4 leaves don't do that. They twist around, but nothing like the op. Russet mites and broad mites can't be seen with naked eye. Scope only. Most can't even see spider mites with out a scope.
I scope mine regularly along with weekly IPM's which includes at least monthly treatment with spiromesifen.
My GG#4 does the same thing and it's not an insect problem, they only do it when young cuttings till about 3 weeks old then it's gone and then they grow fine, flower fine. Not saying he doesn't have a problem with mites, I just know I don't and I experience this behavior from mine. I'll get a pic of mine as it's light on time.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Did you get the 2nd round gg4 clones 4+yrs ago?
I can't say for sure where my cut came from originally. I got it about a year and a half ago and it came from Michigan when I received it. I treated it like any other cuttings I receive, six months quarantine with weekly IPM's with multiple cuttings taken though that time. So I never flower the original cut but cuttings that have been taken closer to the end of the quarantine time. Some may say that's a waste, but I grow multi strains in a perpetual and I don't spray anything on them once they hit the flower room. My IPM in veg consist of initial spray of spiromesifen, second week SNS-217c, third week green cure then back to the spiromesifen then to the flower room they go.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

There were 2 rounds of glues that went around over 4 yrs ago. Round 1 was the perfect round. Round 2 was the dreaded "dud" round of clones.

I only IPM my floors, never any plants unless an issue arises.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

There were 2 rounds of glues that went around over 4 yrs ago. Round 1 was the perfect round. Round 2 was the dreaded "dud" round of clones.

I only IPM my floors, never any plants unless an issue arises.
I don't know how much of a dud it is, but in flower it produces me 1/4 pound plants with 4 weeks of veg in 9 liter pots of DTW coir fed 450 ppm (.9 ec), in flower 550 ppm (1.1 ec) with a 9 week finishing time.

brazel

brazel

Did the temp of your air increase by 10 or more degrees from its highest temp? And stay that way for more then four days?

If your lights are over 24" you're good.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

1.25oz per gal pot size is the norm.
So I'm gaining a extra 3/4 of an ounce by running coir over the standard. My largest yielders get me 6 o's from the same size pots of coir. G-13, Blue Dream

Top Bottom