Is Your Cannabis Clean? Colorado Pesticide Recalls Pull Pot

• Thread starter indicabush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
indicabush

indicabush

Is your cannabis clean? Colorado pesticide recalls pull pot products off shelves

Local dispensaries are pulling pot products from their shelves with yet another batch of recalls hitting cannabis wholesalers statewide. The latest, a voluntary recall by Avicenna Products, affects more than 80,000 concentrates — including wax, budder and vape pen cartridges — that were found to contain traces of pesticides.

The company announced on May 13 that samples of the products contained residual levels of Myclobutanil, Imidacloprid, Spiromesifin and/or Etoxazole — all pesticides the Colorado Department of Agriculture determined cannot be used legally on marijuana.

“There have been more recalls in the past six months I’d say than ever before,” a manager with Organix, who didn’t want to give his name, noted. “Most dispensaries in Summit County carry a few of the same brands of edibles.”

He added that while the store’s bud was not affected, as they grow all of their own, several edibles purchased from wholesalers were recalled.

“We grow everything. That’s the only way we control the quality that we look for. With a lot of wholesalers, you don’t know what you’re gonna get,” he said. “Pesticides are pretty much a no-go. If you spray a plant with pesticides in the flowering phase, that will end up in your final product.”

Link:

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Funny how much pesticides and chemicals are allowed for food, Bayer, Monsanto crops, etc right?

How quickly do these break down generally? A month or two of flower enough?

epitome

epitome

Funny how "growers" feel they have to do preventive poisoning to grow pest free and mold free medicine. lol and then these fuck boys try to act like they're helping people. And these fuck boys think we potheads can't feel taste or smell these poisons is whats really fucking ironic.....and they laugh on the way to the bank while we figure it out....

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Funny how "growers" feel they have to do preventive poisoning to grow pest free and mold free medicine. lol and then these fuck boys try to act like they're helping people. And these fuck boys think we potheads can't feel taste or smell these poisons is whats really fucking ironic.....and they laugh on the way to the bank while we figure it out....
I can't disagree. My old partner does this, but very early in veg. I never saw a mite, never even knew what PM was. We aren't buddies any more, so I dont know if he still does this.

Eagle20 is nasty if smoked. Real bad stuff. Hell, I never buy conventional berries/grapes due to this shit. Only organic for thin skinned small fruits especially.

I will say Ive seen IPM preventive in early veg work perfectly and test clean to Oregon standards, which are high. Also agree HEALTHY plants and good environment, limiting traffic/visitors, not getting random untreated clones from all over town, all help.

I get why some guys carefully hit pests hard ahead of time. People have mouths to feed and the product has lots of time to break down or out grow the chems. I'd rather not myself, but bugs have cost me a small fortune over time and Im sick of them.

My 2 cents.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh, I hope not. I thought it was just another way to toss in a few fucks.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Funny when people talk like this - you obviously have no clue how poisonous your world is. When cannabis growers test at the exact same detection levels as organic farmers (only that 2-5% of cannabis growers test hot for pesticides vs 72% of organic farmers) id say we're doing pretty damn good. Too bad we have a governor who opts for zero tolerance weed while promoting beer companies that are testing for obscene levels of glyphosphate...

Read up and educate yourself - and notice how there isn't a single pesticide being tested in amounts smaller than .0001 or 1ppm in agriculture- Colorado companies that were failing were failing for .000001 or part per trillionth. At that level EVERY SINGLE CONVENTIONAL AGRICULTURAL CROP would be considered "poison"

I've smoked weed blasted with eagle 20 at week 3 and I've smoked organic weed that looked like it had dandruff and only one of them gave me a respiratory infection. (Not condoning spraying eagle at all- or harvesting mildew weed) I use an omri-listed preventative plan but I understand the implications that pests and pathogens have not just to the success of my crop but to the health of my consumers...if I had he opportunity to demonstrate responsible pesticide use I would because I know what it takes to manage pests in acres of greenhouse that people depend on for food, and I know the shortcomings of trying to naturally treat pests in crops that are grown in very unnatural ways.

Pesticide testing on organic crops:
https://www.ams.usda.gov/sites/default/files/media/Pesticide Residue Testing_Org Produce_2010-11PilotStudy.pdf

Pesticide testing on conventional crops - scroll down to page 219 to see compiled results of imports vs domestic.
https://www.ams.usda.gov/sites/default/files/media/2014 PDP Annual Summary.pdf

epitome

epitome

Funny when people talk like this - you obviously have no clue how poisonous your world is. When cannabis growers test at the exact same detection levels as organic farmers (only that 2-5% of cannabis growers test hot for pesticides vs 72% of organic farmers) id say we're doing pretty damn good. Too bad we have a governor who opts for zero tolerance weed while promoting beer companies that are testing for obscene levels of glyphosphate...

Read up and educate yourself - and notice how there isn't a single pesticide being tested in amounts smaller than .0001 or 1ppm in agriculture- Colorado companies that were failing were failing for .000001 or part per trillionth. At that level EVERY SINGLE CONVENTIONAL AGRICULTURAL CROP would be considered "poison"

I've smoked weed blasted with eagle 20 at week 3 and I've smoked organic weed that looked like it had dandruff and only one of them gave me a respiratory infection. (Not condoning spraying eagle at all- or harvesting mildew weed) I use an omri-listed preventative plan but I understand the implications that pests and pathogens have not just to the success of my crop but to the health of my consumers...if I had he opportunity to demonstrate responsible pesticide use I would because I know what it takes to manage pests in acres of greenhouse that people depend on for food, and I know the shortcomings of trying to naturally treat pests in crops that are grown in very unnatural ways.

Pesticide testing on organic crops:
https://www.ams.usda.gov/sites/default/files/media/Pesticide Residue Testing_Org Produce_2010-11PilotStudy.pdf

Pesticide testing on conventional crops - scroll down to page 219 to see compiled results of imports vs domestic.
https://www.ams.usda.gov/sites/default/files/media/2014 PDP Annual Summary.pdf
I'm just a stoner who doesn't want pesticide/insecticide/miticide ...no fucking cides in my lungs

Top Bottom