junkie fucks

• Thread starter Moses249
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I drove up to maine from boston earlier this year to see some family around damariscotta and i saw the people your talking about,i also saw alot of towns that USED to be thriving little places that were complete ghost towns with big factories or mills or whatever they were just shuttered and falling apart,no jobs for anyone.Luckily most my family is in the tourism business and own a cafe/gift shop and a couple others are farmers and lobstermen but one things for sure there,unless you live near a city which most dont you have to hustle it up to feed yourself,pretty sad because at one time there seemed to be alot of industry there?Im sick and tired of seeing american industry/jobs die off and be shipped to some other country with cheap labor,I would fully support a 100% tariff on anything imported from outside our borders whether its an american company or not,F'em,im tired of americans suffering so corporations can profit.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
20ish years ago I was living on the mid-coast and MBNA moved in bought up lots of property built lots of facilities (including big $$ corporate retreat) hired lots of people, and 10 years later they pulled out and devastated the mid-coast economy. I agree @fishwhistle fuck em!

You are right about making ends meet in rural maine. I knew a guy who taught poetry throughout the state school system, owned a bed n breakfast, and bailed hay. It's a hard life but worth it for those that have the grit and desire. Much like the area I live in now, people either have 3 jobs (working folks) or 3 houses (rich folks).

outwest

Innana

Innana

Maine is in transition, a much younger crowd is moving in and buying up the amazing properties for pennies on the dollar. The coast is actually booming. 100s of small farms popping up all over the state the farm too table movement is very exciting right now. I myself am a small farmer and caregiver on 10acres and live very well. The artist scene is thriving along the coast. The cannabis industry is exploding rec pot is soon too happen and already legal in portland. I guess it's a half full or half empty point of view. I love Maine.

Top Bottom