Just Harvested Is This Bud Rot?

• Thread starter jackwhite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jackwhite

jackwhite

just started my first harvest. this is my northern lights. it was against my tent and i noticed most of the hairs are brown at the top while everything else is nice and green. i havnt noticed any while moldon the leaves just nute burns on some. these hairs are brownish not sure if this is bud rot?

Just harvested is this bud rot
Just harvested is this bud rot 2
Just harvested is this bud rot 3
Just harvested is this bud rot 4
Just harvested is this bud rot 5
Just harvested is this bud rot 6
Just harvested is this bud rot 7
Just harvested is this bud rot 8
jackwhite

jackwhite

just started my first harvest. this is my northern lights. it was against my tent and i noticed most of the hairs are brown at the top while everything else is nice and green. i havnt noticed any while moldon the leaves just nute burns on some. these hairs are brownish not sure if this is bud rot?
someof the bud was against my tent so some look pressed upon.

akstoner

akstoner

Its not bud rot.......I believe it looks like its burnt..... like alot of heat was close to the bud.....or your light may be to close to the bud might want to raise the lights about 6-10 inches higher

jackwhite

jackwhite

ok thanks! i just cut it. will that affect the taste, potentcy? it didnt look like that this morning thats why i was like wtf?!? it was around 10"-14" away its 600hps we'll see

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Quick easy way to tell rot, if you don't have a loupe, is to squish it. If it crumbles apart in your hands, it's likely rotted. If it stays together, or breaks like dried out bud, then it probably isn't.

jackwhite

jackwhite

these I just took. I squeezed the tops a little nothing crumbled, it doesnt smell rottty it smelled pretty fn potent though. i have a headache now..these tops were closest to the lights and i harvested them pretty late. the plant was pressed against my tent i had nute burn on the leaves closest to the plant yellowish. when i touched them they didnt break some were dried. my humidity has been in the low 30's temp 75

all the white hairs are the brownest and the bud is a little dark.. for the last 2-3 weeks my temps have been 54-60degs.

I had one hiccup last week for about 7hrs my breaker tripped while i was sleeping woke up temp 60degs humidity 78% it took an hour to get everything back to normal.

would that be enough time for bud rot? its the only time my humidity has been out of range. the strain is northern lights. now u have me worried!

Last edited:
jackwhite

jackwhite

if this is bud rot would I see white mold on the leaves? i havnt seen any? i guess im going to continue to monitor the buds and check again tonight :sweating:

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

Quick easy way to tell rot, if you don't have a loupe, is to squish it. If it crumbles apart in your hands, it's likely rotted. If it stays together, or breaks like dried out bud, then it probably isn't.

it didnt break or crumble when i squeezed it. i looked inside it was green. ill check against
I have seen bud rot in my garden once.. Black/very dark on the inside of Bog's Lifesaver cola.. Fat and thick and I lost control of RH.. I don't see bud rot.. Peace

jackwhite

jackwhite

PM and Bud Rot aren't the same thing, I see some pics that look like Bud Rot and I see some that are just Very Ripe Via Fox Tails, the Rot is in early stage and would still have green and squish to them, And from what I see the Rot is in early stage, NOT SMOKEABLE (Not a word lol)! the only thing you could do with the rot bud is CO2 Sub Critical Extraction, which will kill anything living, and remove it.
But get your wallet out for that ...lol
in early stage bud rot would i see any white mold? and what is PM? the pics are not coming out the way it really looks. i guess i can just cut the tip where its brownish

jackwhite

jackwhite

i just cut some of the top off and i feel like i just wasted bud. im going to wait tomorrow if i see anything on the rest of the bud

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

there are a few molds that will infect cannabis, PM is the white spotty one on the outside of leaves, then there's botrytis which is brown and usually starts on the inside of your densest tops. Botrytis is usually brown on fresh bud, but can develop a gray fuzzy mold, and will almost always become a gray fuzzy mold on dried flowers that were moldy when they were fresh.

As I said it usually starts on the inside of the bud or on a particular bract of the bud, rarely does it start from the top or outside of the bud.

If you crack your tops that are affected open, what do they look like? if it's brown at all inside it's moldy, you'll definitely be able to smell the stale/moldy smell and it DEFINITELY gives you a headache if you take a big whiff.

jackwhite

jackwhite

there are a few molds that will infect cannabis, PM is the white spotty one on the outside of leaves, then there's botrytis which is brown and usually starts on the inside of your densest tops. Botrytis is usually brown on fresh bud, but can develop a gray fuzzy mold, and will almost always become a gray fuzzy mold on dried flowers that were moldy when they were fresh.

As I said it usually starts on the inside of the bud or on a particular bract of the bud, rarely does it start from the top or outside of the bud.

If you crack your tops that are affected open, what do they look like? if it's brown at all inside it's moldy, you'll definitely be able to smell the stale/moldy smell and it DEFINITELY gives you a headache if you take a big whiff.

jackwhite

jackwhite

it smelled good. pretty intense smell. im drying in the bathroom. i took some pics of what I cut off with my 60x microscope what do you think?
excuse the black hair some fell on the ground! thebudlooks better than it did yesterday like less brownish. im trying to find better lighting

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

it's hard to tell in the microscope pic but you're looking pretty in the clear, only shot that's concerning is the 6th one, those black spots look like botrytis spores.

I could definitely tell if you took non-zoomed pictures, just cut the tip of a bud off where you see damage and take a picture of the inside of the bud.

Generally you would know, by this point in drying you'd be seeing brown centers in the buds and gray mold developing on anything that was already brown.

jackwhite

jackwhite

it's hard to tell in the microscope pic but you're looking pretty in the clear, only shot that's concerning is the 6th one, those black spots look like botrytis spores.

I could definitely tell if you took non-zoomed pictures, just cut the tip of a bud off where you see damage and take a picture of the inside of the bud.

Generally you would know, by this point in drying you'd be seeing brown centers in the buds and gray mold developing on anything that was already brown.

here are some more pics hope these are better. you think they were to close to the light or I harvested a little to late? or should i get rid of it cause its bud rot? what type of smell would it have? like burnt grass? or funky?

akstoner

akstoner

Still looks like its just burnt to me I dont see mold and in the pics the bud looks fine... (but im no professional).....I'd say dry it and watch/smell it everyday keep close watch on it..........or am i mistaken....

Top Bottom