Just Starting Out

• Thread starter Startingout
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Startingout

This is my first grow.I have three skunk autos three weeks old they seem to be growing good, stinky. They are about eight inches tall. I have them on 18 hour light, cfls in the 5700 I guess spectrum. My question is is my times ok and can I use the brighter light the whole grow or do i need to go down to the 2700.as I said it's my first time so any advice is welcome, thanks friends

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

I am SNOLEPERD, I grew photoperid plants for 30 years just autoflower for 6, I will b glad to help you, show me a couple pics I need to see what you have going on

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

This is my first grow.I have three skunk autos three weeks old they seem to be growing good, stinky. They are about eight inches tall. I have them on 18 hour light, cfls in the 5700 I guess spectrum. My question is is my times ok and can I use the brighter light the whole grow or do i need to go down to the 2700.as I said it's my first time so any advice is welcome, thanks friends
HiYa..Welcome..
I would recommend NOT going down to 2700k during veg..it will cause more stretching. Also as you go down the road..plz check out the multiple threads on the importance of quality lighting so you are not discouraged (Especially in Flower)..You CAN do it, but yields and potency will suffer dramatically under CFLs. I do use them for germination/young seedlings in "daylight" with great results..
There are many opinions on light cycles, but I always use 18/6 for veg and the traditional 12/12 when flipping to flower..(this is for PHOTOS..Autos are another story).

EDIT: since I don't grow autos, I have only heard that anything under 18/6 can hurt yields and potency, since their lives are relatively short. Many select 24hrs on with good results (Bad for power bills..LOL)

S

Startingout

20180419 115806
20180419 115936

20180419 115758
20180419 115936
S

Startingout

Here are a couple of pics, they popped the 27th of last month, and yes I do need to get better lights at some point but like I said I'm just starting out

S

Startingout

I am SNOLEPERD, I grew photoperid plants for 30 years just autoflower for 6, I will b glad to help you, show me a couple pics I need to see what you have going on
Hi snoleperd good to meet you, I posted a couple of pics I hope you can see what's up clear enough

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Nice plants, But most Cannabis Veg State plants do fine under CFLs..
Help will be provided bym
Here are a couple of pics, they popped the 27th of last month, and yes I do need to get better lights at some point but like I said I'm just starting out
Never a need to apologize..We all have to start out and do what we think is right!
VERY nice plants BTW!!

If you could provide more detail..ie: medium, nutes, watering PH etc..many will chime in to help you along..
Enjoy!!:)

S

Startingout

All I have done is follow what the people over at John where I got the beans said I started them in a peat cake and final container mg water and love is the rest

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Any and all advice is welcome friends, make this poor boy into a green thumb
By the looks of your pictures..you are very well on the way..One thing off the bat! I would ditch those peat cups in favor of plain ole Solo cups with holes for drainage in the bottom..Jiffy pots will leach water away from the seedlings faster than you can replace it..The 1st 2 cents delivered..LMAO

S

Startingout

By the looks of your pictures..you are very well on the way..One thing off the bat! I would ditch those peat cups in favor of plain ole Solo cups with holes for drainage in the bottom..Jiffy pots will leach water away from the seedlings faster than you can replace it..The 1st 2 cents delivered..LMAO
Thanks my friend I didn't know that I figured the peat cups would be good as I could just plant the whole cup and not disturb the roots, thanks

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Thanks my friend I didn't know that I figured the peat cups would be good as I could just plant the whole cup and not disturb the roots, thanks
Another lie spread by Jiffy..Those cups will be around long after the plants are gone..same goes for their peat pucks unless you cut that mesh away after the roots poke thru..Don't get me wrong, those things work, but not too great for weed.(The roots will bust them up eventually).

S

Startingout

Another lie spread by Jiffy..Those cups will be around long after the plants are gone..same goes for their peat pucks unless you cut that mesh away after the roots poke thru..Don't get me wrong, those things work, but not too great for weed.(The roots will bust them up eventually).
When I put them in their final buckets I tore at the cups ripping them some after what you said I hope that helps them, next ones I'll do different

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Crap..I forgot..Autos..Transplanting is not a great idea unless you are adept at it (pretty easy actually)..IDK which is worse in this case, but if you are unsure..do as you began to and plant the whole peat cup when ready to avoid stress

S

Startingout

Hahahow do you stop looking at them every ten minutes lol, think I might be getting the bug I sure hope this works out, it's about the only way I can get any quality

S

Startingout

This all goes well the next is lsd -25 heard anything about that strain

Latest posts

Top Bottom