Kimbo Pheno Finish! :)

• Thread starter SimplyCmplex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mancdank

mancdank

Wonderful job on the Kimbo!
I've grown the Kimbo a few times myself.
If you want to see her get super super dark in color, run her on 11/13 when flowering.

Thanks for sharing.
Peace
All the way through or just last couple of week ? and what time does this knock off the flower time ?

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Wonderful job on the Kimbo!
I've grown the Kimbo a few times myself.
If you want to see her get super super dark in color, run her on 11/13 when flowering.

Thanks for sharing.
Peace

Thank you much, and I will definitely try that schedule. You had some prized buds yourself. Were you all organic on that grow? After these grease monkeys finish up I'm gonna do a round of all kimbos..half dirt half hydro. With your suggested light schedule.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Thank you much, and I will definitely try that schedule. You had some prized buds yourself. Were you all organic on that grow? After these grease monkeys finish up I'm gonna do a round of all kimbos..half dirt half hydro. With your suggested light schedule.
I did run the Kimbo with synthetics, organics and veganic. So I'm really not sure which grow you're referring to on the Kimbo. I ran her at least 10 times and probably did it a little bit different each time. But she was easy to grow and fun to smoke.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
All the way through or just last couple of week ? and what time does this knock off the flower time ?
I ran the 11/13 schedule all the way through. It did not add on or subtract from the flowering time.
But it did Force the plant to express a different phenotype from 12/12 growth. Namely she was darker and sweeter.
DJ Short once stated on stage during an interview that reducing the light schedule will help express different phenotypes, especially in sativa dominant genetics.

Bestof luck. Peace

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

I did run the Kimbo with synthetics, organics and veganic. So I'm really not sure which grow you're referring to on the Kimbo. I ran her at least 10 times and probably did it a little bit different each time. But she was easy to grow and fun to smoke.

Wow didn't know anyone had grown it so extensively. Would you say one method gave a better final product over the others?

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

About 3 days into cure...I'm so impressed with this strain as a whole...this #4 is smelling more and more like a spicy berry cream frosting of some sorts...upon opening. I cannot wait for this month of cure...I shall remain focused tho...lol
View attachment 654066 View attachment 654067

Also forgot to mention 4 plants pretty much not trained at all and vegged a month from seed yielded 11.68 ounces after hang. I'll be generous and say an ounce is stems and left over moisture that will be gone after curing.

mancdank

mancdank

I ran the 11/13 schedule all the way through. It did not add on or subtract from the flowering time.
But it did Force the plant to express a different phenotype from 12/12 growth. Namely she was darker and sweeter.
DJ Short once stated on stage during an interview that reducing the light schedule will help express different phenotypes, especially in sativa dominant genetics.

Bestof luck. Peace
Nice I might give it a go with some of mine I've heard of people doing it with haze but they say it lowers the flower time which I always thought might change the quality and or quantity but thanks for the clarification :)

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
2015 03 27 130625

This is the only image I could find of my Kimbo, a collage. All of the photos are of the same cut, but the 3 photos on the right are from the 11/13 schedule. She almost turned black.

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

View attachment 654130
This is the only image I could find of my Kimbo, a collage. All of the photos are of the same cut, but the 3 photos on the right are from the 11/13 schedule. She almost turned black.

Yeah...that's real nice..and real dark. I'll definitely be trying that 11/13. I just plopped 21 kimbos in the aero from 7 gals ..gonna start an early flip here real quick on the adults..I lost track of which kimbo was which..#1-#4 :( I appreciate all the info and your time Shroomking

20161220 194955

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Kimbo #1 2weeks cure...nice sweet berry aroma. Nice bud, wasn't even from the main.
20161230 174203
20161230 174131

Kimbo #4 very hard to describe the smell, so unfamiliar to me. Same cure time as #1. Had to try her, pinched a tiny bit..grinder..raw roll...O_o

Everyone's taste palette is different..she leaves a very heavy grape berry in your mouth on inhale and exhale with very very slight floral. Sooooo enjoyable taste...

Everyone's tolerance is different. ..put it this way ..I wrote all this 40minutes or so ago, and I'm just now hitting "post reply"! :)
20161230 173147
20161230 173329

mancdank

mancdank

Kimbo #1 2weeks cure...nice sweet berry aroma. Nice bud, wasn't even from the main.
View attachment 656227 View attachment 656228

Kimbo #4 very hard to describe the smell, so unfamiliar to me. Same cure time as #1. Had to try her, pinched a tiny bit..grinder..raw roll...O_o

Everyone's taste palette is different..she leaves a very heavy grape berry in your mouth on inhale and exhale with very very slight floral. Sooooo enjoyable taste...

Everyone's tolerance is different. ..put it this way ..I wrote all this 40minutes or so ago, and I'm just now hitting "post reply"! :)
View attachment 656229 View attachment 656230
Nice job bro

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Figured I'd continually update this thread as long as I run this kimbo, before I start working with her.

Thought I'd show the extreme differences between the 2 phenos, I kept.

First #1 she doesn't color, she doesn't bulk up. Imo, she leans more "starfighterISH" in terms of bud-structure. The leaves are traditional 5 blade, yet never flatten, they are thick and heavily jagged, like a circular sawblade! She's potent, she frosts up real nice this gal is going on week 6. She adds more weight the last 2 weeks.
20170220 142319
20170220 142525

Now #4 on the other end of the spectrum. As you can see, she colors extremely well, this isn't even a good pic. She's week 5. She will add a bit more weight thru week 6 and that's about it. She will frost a bit more. She's mainly terpy. Extreme grape, fruity stickiness. Smoke is so smooth and leaves a flavorful creamy coating in your mouth. She's so easy to grow and clone. Only negative is she's pretty "N" sensitive. She is 100% tri-leafed! I plan to have lots of fun with her.
20170218 194935
20170220 142302
20170220 142507

mancdank

mancdank

Figured I'd continually update this thread as long as I run this kimbo, before I start working with her.

Thought I'd show the extreme differences between the 2 phenos, I kept.

First #1 she doesn't color, she doesn't bulk up. Imo, she leans more "starfighterISH" in terms of bud-structure. The leaves are traditional 5 blade, yet never flatten, they are thick and heavily jagged, like a circular sawblade! She's potent, she frosts up real nice this gal is going on week 6. She adds more weight the last 2 weeks.
View attachment 671019 View attachment 671020

Now #4 on the other end of the spectrum. As you can see, she colors extremely well, this isn't even a good pic. She's week 5. She will add a bit more weight thru week 6 and that's about it. She will frost a bit more. She's mainly terpy. Extreme grape, fruity stickiness. Smoke is so smooth and leaves a flavorful creamy coating in your mouth. She's so easy to grow and clone. Only negative is she's pretty "N" sensitive. She is 100% tri-leafed! I plan to have lots of fun with her.
View attachment 671021 View attachment 671022 View attachment 671023
Looking good bro :)

Top Bottom