Kind Led Xl1000 Vs Fluence Science Spyder X Plus

• Thread starter shawn12345
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What light is better?

• Total voters
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

too early to judge but I think the spyder already looks thicker!

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Working on that.
It looks like the Kind used the same manufacturer.

The man who markets the miracle growth contacted me and told me how much he gained from reading our early LED threads on cdot.
That was back in '06 before you could buy a decent LED array.
We had to DIY and cut and try.
We discovered some useful stuff
Says he took what we learned together in those threads and ran with it.
Decided to build the ultimate LED light.
It has 2 spectral sets. And a sophisticated timer that lets you control the times and relative intensities of the 2 bank in 8 chunks. .
You can program it to start with the red heavy array at 40% for an hour or two. Then bring the blue heavy in at 30% as you kick the red to 50%
Then bring the blue to 80% and the red to 60% for an hour.
Then do a "virtual noon" with both on at 100% .
And taper them down in reverse order.
Most flexible timer I've seen.
He asked advice for the final prototype and I was happy to help.
Grateful is as grateful does.
He sent me a light for free.
I'm a practical sort and will probably ignore the timer's finer features. But I'm stoked about changing the R:B ratios as the girls grow to tweak things like internode length.

I'll be ramping up a seed grow after the eclipse in august and will probably post a log using the new light.
I just met the company's owner. We had a long talk.
He actually understands the science. I'm impressed.

Aloha,
Weeze

Dewd

Dewd

I would 100% disagree! Kind lights are more over rated than Lebron James.....
I got a buddy who owns a hydro store, and he has several used less than a year old kind leds, for 500...
The Spyder is twice the light and I think @Dewd lil grow comparison will show that!

Put it this way. I be more than happy to buy it used off of him if he wants to sell it !!!
I think I will keep my spydr for now :) Although I don't think the light pentetrates as deep into the plant as my 1000w hps. We will see. A few more test runs are in order. I will say that the lumigrow would be great in a large grow because it spreads wide. The lumigrow sales rep said they work best in a group.

Leew421

Leew421

The Spydrx is a very well made purpose built light. High quality stuff for sure. Their support will speak very candid and answer direct question about your setup and grow. Stand up service. They hand build the lights to order too.

Domino

Domino

I'm going to weigh in here: I have 2 Kind LEDs (1000) that I ran in veg and in flower as a test. What I discovered is that when I ran a PAR meter under them that they fell off a cliff pretty quickly. In order to cover a 4X8 table I would need three to generate the PAR that I could get out of a Phantom DE HPS and even that was a stretch.

Then I tested the VyperXL (also from Fluence). Hands down crushed the Kind. Product looks better (less stressed) than the HPS. Weight is comparable (same Phenotypes of same strains run under different lights in the same room) to the Phantom DE. I do run 3 Vyper per table while running only 2 Phantom DE per table. Amperage consumption is 6.9 amps for LED tables and 8.5 amps per HPS table. I run 277, 3 phase.

My flower room structure is HPS on one side of the room and LEDs on the other. This allows for convection. The LEDs are cold and the HPS are hot so the air is naturally circulating in the room.

So though I love the Fluence, I'm keeping the half and half structure for the foreseeable future.

Dom

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I'm going to weigh in here: I have 2 Kind LEDs (1000) that I ran in veg and in flower as a test. What I discovered is that when I ran a PAR meter under them that they fell off a cliff pretty quickly. In order to cover a 4X8 table I would need three to generate the PAR that I could get out of a Phantom DE HPS and even that was a stretch.

Then I tested the VyperXL (also from Fluence). Hands down crushed the Kind. Product looks better (less stressed) than the HPS. Weight is comparable (same Phenotypes of same strains run under different lights in the same room) to the Phantom DE. I do run 3 Vyper per table while running only 2 Phantom DE per table. Amperage consumption is 6.9 amps for LED tables and 8.5 amps per HPS table. I run 277, 3 phase.

My flower room structure is HPS on one side of the room and LEDs on the other. This allows for convection. The LEDs are cold and the HPS are hot so the air is naturally circulating in the room.

So though I love the Fluence, I'm keeping the half and half structure for the foreseeable future.

Dom
im not saying i feel vindicated,
but if the glove don't fit,
you must acquit!
:)

Top Bottom