Knockout Brownie Recipe (1lb butter!)

• Thread starter Zeldar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

Zeldar

When the first-time edible maker sets out to turn their beautiful budder into a fine finished product, they are faced with finding a suitable recipe that can easily incorporate a (usually) large amount of bud butter that does not completely overpower the final product. I believe that I have found quite a nice recipe that accomplishes this:

The recipe below is more than 100 years old. It’s the original recipe for the brownie created at the direction of Bertha Palmer in the Palmer House kitchen and served at the World Fair held in Chicago in 1893. The first written reference to the “brownie” appears in the Sears Roebuck Catalog published in Chicago in 1898. This brownie remains one of the hotel’s most popular confections.

Chocolate Fudge Brownie

1 lb. 2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate

1 lb. bud butter

1. lb. oz. granulated sugar

8 oz. cake flour

1 T baking powder

4 eggs

1 lb. crushed walnuts

Melt chocolate with butter in double boiler.

Mix dry ingredients in bowl, except walnuts

Mix chocolate with dry ingredients, 4 to 5 minutes

Add eggs

Pour into 9X12 inch baking pan. Sprinkle walnuts on top. Press walnuts down slightly into mixture with your hand.

Bake in preheated oven at 300 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes

You will know when done when the edges will start to become a little crispy and the brownie has raised about ¼ inch. Note that even when the brownie is properly baked, it will test “gooey” with a toothpick in the middle due to the richness of the mixture.

Have fun!

R

Rolln J

Have fun!

thx for the recipe - one day I will break down and make brownies from scratch - maybe - lol.

the temp when you make edibles is very improtant - most home ovens vary in temp by about 25 degrees so its not a bad idea to get a oven thermometer and go by that - trust me its well worth the 7 dollar investment. If your cooking weed at 350 and your oven is off your weakening your end product.

If the recipe calls for 350 degrees I will set it at 300 and cook the batch longer.

P

pikes peak 69

Nice recipe, but I have a question.

On the quantities:
is this to read 1 lb and 2oz? so it would be 18 oz.

Same with sugar, is it
so that is 1 lb and 1 oz = 17 oz?

Just trying to get the quantity correct.

Thanks
pp69

When the first-time edible maker sets out to turn their beautiful budder into a fine finished product, they are faced with finding a suitable recipe that can easily incorporate a (usually) large amount of bud butter that does not completely overpower the final product. I believe that I have found quite a nice recipe that accomplishes this:

The recipe below is more than 100 years old. It’s the original recipe for the brownie created at the direction of Bertha Palmer in the Palmer House kitchen and served at the World Fair held in Chicago in 1893. The first written reference to the “brownie” appears in the Sears Roebuck Catalog published in Chicago in 1898. This brownie remains one of the hotel’s most popular confections.

Chocolate Fudge Brownie

1 lb. bud butter

8 oz. cake flour

1 T baking powder

4 eggs

1 lb. crushed walnuts

Melt chocolate with butter in double boiler.

Mix dry ingredients in bowl, except walnuts

Mix chocolate with dry ingredients, 4 to 5 minutes

Add eggs

Pour into 9X12 inch baking pan. Sprinkle walnuts on top. Press walnuts down slightly into mixture with your hand.

You will know when done when the edges will start to become a little crispy and the brownie has raised about ¼ inch. Note that even when the brownie is properly baked, it will test “gooey” with a toothpick in the middle due to the richness of the mixture.

Have fun!

R

Rolln J

Don't forget to consume mass quantities when you do J.

lol first batch I made with keif I used 6 grams - brownies made with kief and oil taste so good, plus they had peanut butter chips and walnuts - I ate three of them in a couple hours time when I was hosting poker night.

Big mistake - I actually had to leave the table as I was barely coherent. Passed out for like an hour and a half and felt much better - played poker, felt like I was shrooming, tooke everybodys money.

mass quantities of smoke - no problem...

mass quantities of kief brownies = bad place - I was sooo close to being in the bad place.

R

RamboStyle

thanks Zeldar, will try that recipe somtime soon. Last time i done brownies i could'nt move for the whole day, lol, save this for a wk-nd

Z

Zeldar

Nice recipe, but I have a question.

On the quantities:
is this to read 1 lb and 2oz? so it would be 18 oz.

Same with sugar, is it
so that is 1 lb and 1 oz = 17 oz?

Just trying to get the quantity correct.

Thanks
pp69

Yup, that's what I did. Glad this was useful.....and yeah, they are a little too much sometimes lol.....I still have plenty in the fridge cut up and ready to go!

J

junior

Thanks was looking for a good recipe for some heavy hitting edibles.

M

Mason201

I love chocolate brownies and especially when they are frosted with chocolate frosting.Yum!

C

Coco4Coco

A friend of mine makes brownies with Canna Organic Coconut Oil.
And uses all organic items in her recipe...
They are the Best I have ever tasted and I fell asleep in my chair at desk
several nights after eating 2 or 3 small squares...

M

mrhouston907

Thanks for the recipe, am going to have my wife bake up a batch this weekend!!!

sky high

sky high

I'll second the coconut butter recommendation vs. regular butter. Much sweeter/tastier, IMO.

However, if you do use regular butter, I suggest investigating "clarifying" the butter before adding in the bud/hash/etc. Clarifying gets rid of the water and other impurities and leaves just the FAT....which is exactly what ya want. An added bonus with clarifying, IMO, is that the butter and final product will take on a "nutty" type flavor that blends very well with most canna products and seriously reduces the "green" taste that comes through with regular butter.

s h

D.I.Y

D.I.Y

Batch in the oven,happy holidays.Best with a big dollop of vanilla ice cream,yummy then everything goes all sparkly

T

TwistenJ

Tossin up a batch tonight with my herijuana shake... should be day ruiners when they're done.

dankohzee

dankohzee

When I first started making butter I was always looking for a recipe that called for more butter. Now that I have been making it for quite a few years, I know that stronger butter is actually the way to go, rather than seeking out more and more fattening recipes.

This is an excellent recipe, and thank you for posting it, but if it was made with my butter, it would make people sick, haha! A 2 inch square "Hersheys Best Brownies" made with 1 cup butter will wreck the average consumer, haha!

I'll second the coconut butter recommendation vs. regular butter. Much sweeter/tastier, IMO.

However, if you do use regular butter, I suggest investigating "clarifying" the butter before adding in the bud/hash/etc. Clarifying gets rid of the water and other impurities and leaves just the FAT....which is exactly what ya want. An added bonus with clarifying, IMO, is that the butter and final product will take on a "nutty" type flavor that blends very well with most canna products and seriously reduces the "green" taste that comes through with regular butter.

s h

Hmm. If you haven't clarified your butter, your butter is not yet finished. Clarifying is when you put the butter in the fridge and allow the oil to separate from the water and solidify. Until you do that, you're not finished.

T

TwistenJ

this recipe is absolute chronic... i took the nuts out of the recipe and added a little powder sugar to the top, which turned green :) i cut them into 1in. x 1in. squares and havent been able to finish two yet. Thanks!!!

Top Bottom