L.e.d.s And Cfls In Partnership

• Thread starter Snakeskins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

So I recieved my 300w led panel in the mail and I have more than a few cfls to spare now. I think that combining the spectacular light spectrum of the CFLs with the intense penetrating power of the LEDs would create something just as cost effective and more efficient than a single 300w HID or HPS bulb. Any rebuttals? :)

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I've never been unhappy with more light. What panel did you get? Dunno about cost effectiveness, but you already have the CFL's so they're free.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

1. I deleted your other thread, as its the same one in multiple sub forums.
    Any and all led questions, problems, or the like, I always send them to @sixstring. He's one of the few on here that have a grasp on the led movement.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

I've never been unhappy with more light. What panel did you get? Dunno about cost effectiveness, but you already have the CFL's so they're free.
300w galaxyhydro. It puts out only like 125 true watts. But I would hope that the CFL rays or wavelengths or whatever don't cancel out or muffle the penetrating rays of the LED light. When the CFLs are lit up, they cancel out alot of the red glow of the LED panel. I need a scientist to chime in here lol

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

1. I deleted your other thread, as its the same one in multiple sub forums.
    Any and all led questions, problems, or the like, I always send them to @sixstring. He's one of the few on here that have a grasp on the led movement.
Sorry bout that. Just selfishly trying to gain popularity for my thread lol. I know ive done that before and it won't happen again :)

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

300w galaxyhydro. It puts out only like 125 true watts. But I would hope that the CFL rays or wavelengths or whatever don't cancel out or muffle the penetrating rays of the LED light. When the CFLs are lit up, they cancel out alot of the red glow of the LED panel. I need a scientist to chime in here lol
Light is additive. You're not canceling anything out. I used a 300W HiGro panel for my seedlings this year, worked great. Have a 600W on order for an indoor SCROG grow this winter.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Light is additive. You're not canceling anything out. I used a 300W HiGro panel for my seedlings this year, worked great. Have a 600W on order for an indoor SCROG grow this winter.
Cool. I'm starting my first scrog myself. I'm flowering the bigger plant with the LED and vegging the sprouts seperately under cfls right now. Event Horizon talked me into this:). I may try chicken wire for the netting.

Last edited:
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Otherwise I would have just grown a bunch of "12/12 from seeds"

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Get a clamp lamp 8.5" reflector with y lamp screw ins so you can put two bulbs in each and get reflection out of each cfl

U really need the big long 42w cfl, about 4-6 of them for any difference

I used 4, 23w, 3, 12w and 3, 42w

Now just made a cfl hood n have 3 42w, 2, 23w in there. You need them close n you need reflection. Imho.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Get a clamp lamp 8.5" reflector with y lamp screw ins so you can put two bulbs in each and get reflection out of each cfl

U really need the big long 42w cfl, about 4-6 of them for any difference

I used 4, 23w, 3, 12w and 3, 42w

Now just made a cfl hood n have 3 42w, 2, 23w in there. You need them close n you need reflection. Imho.
Im somewhat updated to that concern. I like to call this my cloner but I really need a humidity chamber.

My led is the stand-alone hero for a few flowering plants in my tent right now. It puts out an extreme amount of red light.

20170917 071221
20170917 071143
20170918 192435
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Don't expect too much difference, but it will help.
I have rooted cuttings pretty well before I even knew they needed large amounts of humidity. With just cfls, soil and tap water in a hot desert. I just use RO water for a foliar spray but idk how much it helps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom