Leaves Browning A Shriveling From The Bottom Up

• Thread starter Jandro2468
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

Man there's always one of you trolls lurking, waiting to pounce... Honestly if that is your argument Dan, then why did you single me out? Im not the only one who gave advice here ya know. You could have just said you disagreed, stated your reasoning and left it at that. But no, you had to be a dick about it... I dont need to prove myself to ya buddy. At a glance i gave my two cents take it or leave it. i stand by my assessment. Regardless of other factors as you stated... True could be genetics. But i listen to my gut and the decade ive been doing this... Not saying your wrong but i am saying that your reasoning for singling out one guy out of others for not asking more about environmental factors is honestly bullshit.

dan1989

dan1989

Man there's always one of you trolls lurking, waiting to pounce... Honestly if that is your argument Dan, then why did you single me out? Im not the only one who gave advice here ya know. You could have just said you disagreed, stated your reasoning and left it at that. But no, you had to be a dick about it... I dont need to prove myself to ya buddy. At a glance i gave my two cents take it or leave it. i stand by my assessment. Regardless of other factors as you stated... True could be genetics. But i listen to my gut and the decade ive been doing this... Not saying your wrong but i am saying that your reasoning for singling out one guy out of others for not asking more about environmental factors is honestly bullshit.

Great speech. Now explain how you figure that too much Nitrogen shows on the bottom first and I'll apologise for being an ass

dan1989

dan1989

You call me a troll but I go out of my way to help others on this site the best I can. You're giving BS advice based on..what? You're telling the guy to do stuff with ZERO info about his set-up, and I'M the troll???

KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

Great speech. Now explain how you figure that too much Nitrogen shows on the bottom first and I'll apologise for being an ass
Ok... You reading way to much into this... Ill explain... Older leaves (the bottom) can exhibit a browning, coppery look when to much nitrogen is present. Also, to much nitrogen can restrict water uptake (the drooping i mentioned earlier) then theres the case of the color. True, ive seen strains such as G.D.P., Blue Dream and Black indica, for example (ive had experience with) have darker leafs... Now if there were a deficiency the leaf in question would have yellowed from the outside in. Leaving the viens still grean at first, progressing to more yellowing over time... I did ask if the leafs felt (papery) i asked this because when there is a problem with water uptake, be it root rot, ph imbalance or a nutrient issue, the leafs can feel rough. There are other causes yes but this is why "at a glance" i said what i did... The leaf in pic was brown, The color of the whole plant is super dark (as far as the pic shows), the leaves are a bit droopy and the leaves "look" rough ( didnt get an answer) im looking at this whole plant. Not just that leaf... Like i said. I stand by what i said... Sorry for this hijacking. Im out... Good luck to you regardless if i end up being wrong or not... Also a PH problem is most likely causing you N problems.

Nitrogen info marijuana
dan1989

dan1989

Ok... You reading way to much into this... Ill explain... Older leaves (the bottom) can exhibit a browning, coppery look when to much nitrogen is present. Also, to much nitrogen can restrict water uptake (the drooping i mentioned earlier) then theres the case of the color. True, ive seen strains such as G.D.P., Blue Dream and Black indica, for example (ive had experience with) have darker leafs... Now if there were a deficiency the leaf in question would have yellowed from the outside in. Leaving the viens still grean at first, progressing to more yellowing over time... I did ask if the leafs felt (papery) i asked this because when there is a problem with water uptake, be it root rot, ph imbalance or a nutrient issue, the leafs can feel rough. There are other causes yes but this is why "at a glance" i said what i did... The leaf in pic was brown, The color of the whole plant is super dark (as far as the pic shows), the leaves are a bit droopy and the leaves "look" rough ( didnt get an answer) im looking at this whole plant. Not just that leaf... Like i said. I stand by what i said... Sorry for this hijacking. Im out... Good luck to you regardless if i end up being wrong or not... Also a PH problem is most likely causing you N problems.

It is what it is but may I suggest to you sir that it's a good idea when giving advice/opinions to put 'IMO' or 'it is my understanding' just so the guy knows you're not a master doctor of botany or whatever. Peace

Jandro2468

Jandro2468

I'm not giving advice because as any grower with experience will tell you, he hasn't told us the strain, grow medium, nutes, feeding schedule, temps, humidity, PH etc. So I fail to see how any advice can be given at this stage
Strain:GG#12
Grow medium: fox farm organic dirt with perlite mix to prevent overwater
Nutrients: general hydroponic GO Box
Feeding schedule: I don’t have one since last plant I overwatered so I’ve been playing it by the weight and testing the moisture of the soil.
Temp: 74-82F
Humidity:33%
Ph: for feeding I usually drop the nute around 6-6.5
Let me know if you need any more info. Just trying to figure out why my babies are dying

Jandro2468

Jandro2468

I usually change the ph of my nute to 6-6.5! Should I flush the pot out or what?

KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

I say yes... Use three times the amout of water vs the size of your pot... Example, if you have a 1gal pot, use 3gal of PHed water to flush.... Also, as far your PH, in my experience kepping it as close to 6.5 is best. So between 6 and 6.5 is great... When and if you do flush, add a bit of H2O2 (available at any grow shop for cheap). Im not 100% sure but i think the stuff at the shops is around 30%. Directions are on the bottle but i think its 3ml per 1gal? Anyways, this will clean up any dead root matter and help oxgenate the roots. There is a down side to this though. It will kill beneficial bacteria but microbes can be bought and added later... So after flushing, wait untill the soil is dry a few inches down from the top or just simply lift the pot to see if its lite. If its heavy, dont water. If its lite, water with a weak nutrient solution. If you are using a bag mix soil, dont use any nutes for few waterings... One more thing to add would be watch how fast the water drains out... If its slow, your soil isnt draing properly and this issue will happen again. If it goes straight through, its not a terrible thing per say but you will have to water more often and you run the risk of the plant not getting all it can from the nutrient solution. If it comes out steady and somewhat evenly, your golden.

KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

Sry i just noticed the post describing your medium, nutes and such... If your using foxfarm and gen hydro go box nutes per the instructions on the box, im positive more than ever it to much N... FoxFarm has nutes in it. If its organic i assume it has some type of manure, guano or compost in it. Which is high in nitrogen... Might even be getting blasted by all major, minor and macro nutes... I say flush my friend.

MissBotany

MissBotany

My dinamed CBD is sensitive to over feeding. You’re leaves look a lot like what I plucked off mine. Here’s how I screwed up feeding: Gave too much nitrogen, dark green leaves and tips curled down. Then it started to recover. I then accidentally fed her what I feed my bubblelicious (1500ppm) and I gave her nutrient burn. Some leaves became spotted brown, burnt looking, crisped up and I plucked them off.

Jandro2468

Jandro2468

I also wouldn't up nutes or flush if I don't know for sure what the problems is.
Yeah right now I’m just playing it out caus the top seems fine so far so it might be cal problems
Well did it start at tips or spots of yellow/ brown, did it start at the long finger leafs or their shorter ones .
it started on the bottom and I believe spots because one other plant I had started from the tips while this one was around but made its way to the bottom of the leaf

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Yeah right now I’m just playing it out caus the top seems fine so far so it might be cal problems

it started on the bottom and I believe spots because one other plant I had started from the tips while this one was around but made its way to the bottom of the leaf
If you have no clawing or discoloring in the rest of the plant just keep playing it out man she will let you know what's wrong before any of us will

Jandro2468

Jandro2468

This is the plant before flush, does it look like anything else could be the issue besides nitrogen?

Jandro2468

Jandro2468

My Sativa/hybrid is looking good now so I flushed the other indica cause I noticed some yellow leaves on the very bottom.

5722607A A7B5 484C 9239 8204B0383088
469F0B50 F821 40E7 A9DE E0C9B4523AC7
78FBE091 4AA0 43F8 A8A0 C66579E11388
AAD9CD4B 6290 4B79 9F73 40CEC7F25235
672CC061 884B 4C95 A343 36F493967108
52B907BE B78D 4B38 8C7F 38C8CF1FF2BD
Top Bottom