Led And Calcium Deficiency

• Thread starter Piratos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Piratos

I grow in soil and have never had calcium issues before switching to LED. Why is this and will organic seaweed with micro nute and iron help or do I HAVE to get cal mag? It shows up halfwY through bloom.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Your plant is using up more calcium than your soil supplies. You could top dress some gypsum. LEDs aren't causing you to use more calcium though.
Are you sure your pH is good?

sixstring

sixstring

I grow in soil and have never had calcium issues before switching to LED. Why is this and will organic seaweed with micro nute and iron help or do I HAVE to get cal mag? It shows up halfwY through bloom.
when you switched to led di you leave everything else the same like temps and feed strength? try running a few degrees hotter in your grow and you prob need to raise your feeds.calmag can be a quick fix for some but its just a bandaid.i had to raise my feeds about 200ppm under led and my room temps went from 76f-78f up to 80f-82f now and the plants are happy again.
@Homesteader how long before the plants can use the gypsum ?

Homesteader

Homesteader

Gypsum will take about a week to start working but it depends on your soil/moistur/heat. Usually it is prilled and will dissolve within a few watering. The sulfate will attach to magnesium in the soil and free up the calcium.
I would check the pH first though.

Last edited:
hillbil

hillbil

Gypsum will take about a week to start working but it depends on your soil/moistur/heat. Usually it is prilled and will dissolve within a few watering. The sulfate will attach to magnesium in the soil and free up the calcium.
I would check the pH first though.
Why gypsum over kmag? See gypsum discussed more lately.

Homesteader

Homesteader

@hillbil I don't understand your question. K-Mag is a mix of Potassium Sulfate and Magnesium Sulfate. it won't fix a calcium issue.

Homesteader

Homesteader

@hillbil I don't understand your question. K-Mag is a mix of Potassium Sulfate and Magnesium Sulfate. it won't fix a calcium issue.

S

Slownickel

I would bet that the LED lights aren't giving you enough evaporation like your old lights and that your medium is staying wetter. Cannabis needs to dry out a bit at the soil level to pick up calcium.

Top Bottom