Led Grow Light.

• Thread starter bobs.buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bobs.buds

a few things to clarify,1 im no expert on led tech but im humbled some of you think so lol.2 @Toaster79 is prob the the closest member we have to expert level here and has years more exp than myself.he just likes playin possum,dont ya toast :happy:
so to the OP here are 3 plug n play fixtures that will cover 4 x 5 very well.

http://timbergrowlights.com/fatty-vs/
Sweet thanks.

sixstring

sixstring

out of those 2 i would give plc a call,tell em you want to pick up a light.reason i say this is because his fixtures are ip67 rated or water resist.nobody else in the cob game can say this yet .tell em six sent ya :cool:

B

bobs.buds

out of those 2 i would give plc a call,tell em you want to pick up a light.reason i say this is because his fixtures are ip67 rated or water resist.nobody else in the cob game can say this yet .tell em six sent ya :cool:
Sounds great will call them.

Toaster79

Toaster79

a few things to clarify,1 im no expert on led tech but im humbled some of you think so lol.2 @Toaster79 is prob the the closest member we have to expert level here and has years more exp than myself.he just likes playin possum,dont ya toast :happy:

Hahahaha

It's not me playing possum (well yeah it's kinda fun) but I like to see people using their brain and do a little bit of research on their own before they start asking questions. I mean look at how this thread started.

Gnomesayin!?

B

bobs.buds

First I want to qualify what I am showing below. It is just what I used, there are lots of choices and probably better ones so go to the LED forum and read Sixstrings builds and the other sticky to see all the ways people crack this nut.

Having said all that, below is a list of the main components for what I used but I would suggest for simplicity sake you just could just use a passive heatsink assembly that comes pre-assembled with the COB, a holder, heatsink and wiring, like this:

View attachment 786281
With this driver (same as what I used):
https://cobkits.com/product/meanwell-hlg-240h-54b-driver/
View attachment 786282
Typically you go to the hardware store and buy some aluminum angle strips to make the frame (a hacksaw and hand drill will suffice). Or, you can hang each of the heatsink fixtures directly from the ceiling on one of those adjustable yo-yo do-hickies that you use to raise and lower an HPS fixture.

Main components I used for the fixture shwon in the earlier post.
LED Chip:

View attachment 786277

LED Holder:
http://cobkits.com/product/bjb-holder-for-clu048/
View attachment 786278

Driver:
https://cobkits.com/product/meanwell-hlg-240h-54b-driver/
View attachment 786279

Active Heatsink :
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...m_re=Arctic_CPU_cooler-_-35-186-070-_-Product
View attachment 786280
Wow, thanks for all the info. I will work on it and let you know if I pulled it off. Lol.

B

bobs.buds

Hahahaha

It's not me playing possum (well yeah it's kinda fun) but I like to see people using their brain and do a little bit of research on their own before they start asking questions. I mean look at how this thread started.

Gnomesayin!?
Nice thanks for the info.

B

bobs.buds

out of those 2 i would give plc a call,tell em you want to pick up a light.reason i say this is because his fixtures are ip67 rated or water resist.nobody else in the cob game can say this yet .tell em six sent ya :cool:[/QUOTEany thoughts about a Qb 132 board from HLG? Another guy recommended.

BuddyLuv

BuddyLuv

Timber lights are super easy to assemble.. all color coded and ready to assemble.. just need to get some framing ( angled aluminum from home depot), some nuts and bolts a few tie wraps to make it pretty and a drill.. took me an afternoon to build and assemble 3x 300 vero 29 fixtures.. fun project.. you could easily do it and I am damn impressed with them. Highly recommend TimberGrowLights. Have fun in whatever you choose.. thats what its all about. Peace..

sixstring

sixstring

i love all the hlg products and have almost all of them in use here :cool:
your gunna need quite a few qb123 to cover a 4 x 5 area though. i would use what i had linked already or go with the 132's but plan on about 10 to 12 of them to flower in that space.4x qb288 or qb304 would be much better and much easier to build

B

bobs.buds

Timber lights are super easy to assemble.. all color coded and ready to assemble.. just need to get some framing ( angled aluminum from home depot), some nuts and bolts a few tie wraps to make it pretty and a drill.. took me an afternoon to build and assemble 3x 300 vero 29 fixtures.. fun project.. you could easily do it and I am damn impressed with them. Highly recommend TimberGrowLights. Have fun in whatever you choose.. thats what its all about. Peace..
Thank you.

B

bobs.buds

your gunna need quite a few qb123 to cover a 4 x 5 area though. i would use what i had linked already or go with the 132's but plan on about 10 to 12 of them to flower in that space.4x qb288 or qb304 would be much better and much easier to build
Thanks sixstring.

B

bobs.buds

Thanks sixstring.
Hey Sixstring you were saying you use hlg lights so I looked at both and cost difference is about $200 more for hlg is that a better light than plc? I don’t want to cheap out then pay for it later.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
There are other sites that sell authentic HLG lights. Growerslights is one.

DGP

DGP

Your being humble and your results speak for themselves. Also, you have helped a lot of us make the transition to high quality solid state lighting without having to take out a mortgage. Your COB threads helped me and even as an ex professional in a related LED field I needed the data as much as anyone else to make the right decision. Saved me some wasted time and money.

Dee

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Don't forget Fluence. My original BML SPYDR 600 is still trucking along. I would add Amare Technologies but he's been MIA for a while. Had a bad accident

Latest posts

Top Bottom