LED grow lights for Micro Grows

• Thread starter Luke OReilly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Luke OReilly

Luke OReilly

I have been looking through the posts about micro grows and I see very few people are using LED grow lights. I have been using LED's to grow for 2 years now and I would recommend to anyone to make that leap of faith and try them out. I know they have received a lot of bad publicity because there are so many people trying to make a quick buck selling cheap grow lights and promising the world. This has growers afraid to try out LED grow lights. But what if you could replace your 600 watt HID light with a 275 watt LED, grow better plants and do it all without any heat issues or burning your plants.

I have rooted clones under LED lights in a matter of about 1 week. The LED lights do not dry out the cuttings like a HID would and the spectrum provided by the LED grow light is far better for rooting because the intense blues stimulate root growth.
As far as veg goes, LED grow lights will perform much better then CFL and use less power. CFL light contains very low amounts of of the light that actives photosynthesis, this is why you see stretching even when CFL's are kept close.
During bud will would end up being amazed by the buds LED grow lights are capable of producing. Again I will stress that when using LED grow lights you will save 30-50% in energy costs and get the same or better results then HID lighting.
If anyone is interested in trying LED grow lights that use that same spectrum that I have tested and been using in my own grow show, you can replay back here or shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]

P.S I do sell these lights but my main purpose is to simply exposes this technology to the people who can benefit from using it. I am happy to answer any questions about LED grow lights.

Luke OReilly

Luke OReilly

Below are a few pictures from a grow journal that a friend of mine did using two Apollo 6 LED grow lights. Pretty impressive for a total of 418 watts in lighting. He harvested just over 400 grams.
6a015391e0a14d970b0168ea4bc43a970c-800wi
6a015391e0a14d970b0168ea4bc31b970c-800wi
6a015391e0a14d970b0168ea4bc5c8970c-800wi
6a015391e0a14d970b0168ea4bc6d7970c-800wi

Latest posts

Top Bottom