Led Newbi

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
i no nothing about LED lighting. I’ve been reviewing threads on the subject and have found it pretty technical for me. I’m old school with lighting. So you guys and girls school me on this light my buddy gave me. All the info I need to no. Thanks beforehand!! Oh ya, light color is red.
Led newbi
Led newbi 2

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
It seems it is not waterproof. :D

Have you hooked it to a kilowatt meter. They show the wattage pull in actual time. I bet its not 4x200w :) it is probably 200w for that whole fixture, each running at 50. Maybe even less.

What color is the light it emits? Purple or true full spectrum?

Either case i think you can use it for veg. But with your tall ladies its hard :) this will not cover much area.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

i no nothing about LED lighting. I’ve been reviewing threads on the subject and have found it pretty technical for me. I’m old school with lighting. So you guys and girls school me on this light my buddy gave me. All the info I need to no. Thanks beforehand!! Oh ya, light color is red.View attachment 844283View attachment 844284

I think Echo is dead on. It looks like a low end COB running 4x 50w. A lot of them will be purple and they tend to produce a lot more heat than the higher end COBs. Now, don't get me wrong, it should still be a very effective growing instrument but it's highly unlikely that you'll be able to use it in a tent with its high heat output. You're also not going to get the efficiency benefits of the quality COBs. That's going to be closer to running, say, burples. If you turn it on and it's white light then we both may be wrong about it's quality.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

i no nothing about LED lighting. I’ve been reviewing threads on the subject and have found it pretty technical for me. I’m old school with lighting. So you guys and girls school me on this light my buddy gave me. All the info I need to no. Thanks beforehand!! Oh ya, light color is red.View attachment 844283View attachment 844284

Oh, and the asterisk next to the wattage I've found to generally mean "equivalent to".

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I missed that you said it was red in the first post. So it is likely an inexpensive COB, but that case is a great start for building a nice one and you have something cheap to crack open and see how it's put together. I almost bought a $100 like that one for that very reason when I first started.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

...and keep a close eye on it If it hasn't been run yet. Some of those cheap drivers are real fire hazards.

Iceman2494

Iceman2494

Used to veg for awhile . Does run hot . Had to keep a box fan to keep it cool . Vegs nice imo. Switched to 4 qb 132s

Freshone

Freshone

Dont judge LED based on that light,If you do you will be disappointed and back to HPS real quick.I know some might argue with me but that light is worth as much as you paid for it imo.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Dont judge LED based on that light,If you do you will be disappointed and back to HPS real quick.I know some might argue with me but that light is worth as much as you paid for it imo.
It was free, a buddy gave it to me. He’s having a midlife crisis he’s giving up growing. Selling all his gear. He’s got 5 more of these with different light colors. I was thinking of diving in to this.

Top Bottom