Light Deprivation Questions

• Thread starter OldManRiver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Hi, I have three seedlings, about 1 foot tall, that I want to induce budding in now. They are outside, in pots. My plan is to cover them with garbage cans every evening to start budding. It is daylight here at 5:00am now. Should I cover them at 6:00pm? Any other advice? Strain is Chem Dawg from MSNL, which is a hybrid. My goal is to harvest 9/1.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I have other, larger plants also growing outside, which will mature normally. My wife just wants some early chem dawg buds.

R

redlife215

Make a little hoop outta pvc and pull a tarp on em. I pull my tarp at 530 but if u say suns up at 5 id pull at 5. Trash can would get it too humid and ud have probs later in flower. U can take the tarp off wen it gets dark. For me its 10pm

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Make a little hoop outta pvc and pull a tarp on em. I pull my tarp at 530 but if u say suns up at 5 id pull at 5. Trash can would get it too humid and ud have probs later in flower. U can take the tarp off wen it gets dark. For me its 10pm
Yeah, I plan on taking the cover off before we go to bed.

R

redlife215

I got u buddy, i put rebar in and put the pvc on the rebar and i habe a center pole to stabilise the hoop. Thats really all u need, u could go fancier but thats bare bones hoop for u
20170518 191609

R

redlife215

I am here to help buddy. That pic dont show the side and top pvc for stability. U need atleast a top support my man. Tge clear plastic is pretty cheap u can get cgeap shot from home depot its used for floor cover when painting houses or u can get tge better stuff at a hydro store. Dont get tge tgreaded shit it is crazy expensive and ur not buikding a greenhouse

L

labzergo

This is a little late for this season. But with small plants it's no problem covering them with large garbage bags on large tomato cages. This year I covered them about 5pm and uncovered them after dark. I had success in flowering after about 14 days. After I was certain they were in flower I stopped covering them and now about three weeks later they are doing well.
This doesn't always work. Last year I covered some for quite a while and nothing happened.
Of course conditions have to be favorable. One thing I thought about was my plants getting too hot in the black plastic, but fortunately that area was in shade by five and there was no cannabis cook out.
The extra three weeks is what I need to beat the bud rot here at wet and damp parallel 45.2

Top Bottom