Lighting?

• Thread starter stet25
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stet25

Hello all. I am new to the site and experimenting with growing. I am currently considering getting my feet wet with just two plants. I use to grow vivarium plants. I have 3 50 watt LEDs that I'm considering using. Will these be ok for the full growth of the plants? Or, should I also use some supplemental light, how many of these led fixtures for 2 plants. All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
50w super bright led flood lights dw 1

Molenium

Molenium

I've never tried LED's but good luck! Share some photos when they're going.

Dunge

Dunge

Your LED will get you started, and you can up-lamp as needed.
Genetics and environment are the other two parts of the endeavor.
As you well understand as a vivariumnist.
I predict that by the time your three plants have joined your life for a few weeks, you will do whatever they ask of you.
Welcome to the order of the happily enslaved. (symbiots, mutualists)

I

indoorhydro

The 50W should work fine in terms of the power, but I would take a closer look at the spectrum. These lamps are usually designed for outdoor floodlights so you will not get much red past 650 nanometers. Could be a problem for flowering.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Make a diy cfl hood. Otherwise it will be weak lighting

Even a hood, still weak, but some what concentrated

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I' use a t8 or t5 vs a cfl.

X2x. But cfl n dryer ducting can be cut up n make a lil 6/8 bulb hood that's maybe 10x14.

I made a couple before I got a real light. Worked much better then just spreading em out.

OP, use these now til u can afford a nice kight

diskokobaja

diskokobaja

If you are in USA look at single cob leds (autocobs) it isn't mad cheap but its good..

brazel

brazel

CFL can grow excellent herb but if you have three 50watt LED already... why not use them?

Reactions: Ina
tom29625

tom29625

These will spank CFLs and 14 bucks for a 2 pack is a decent price
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Philips...ht-A19-LED-Light-Bulb-2-Pack-462002/206923041
I'm using the Walmart brand 100 watt equivalent daylight LED bulbs. Each with a clamp on reflector. I have 10 running. Germinated then put under the daylight led for 21-3 light cycle.
Cycled down the light cycle at 1 hr increments until I reached 12-12.
I will post pictures of my crude but so far happy girls !!

Top Bottom