Looking For A Strain That Can/may Feel Like An Opiate High

• Thread starter WickedTomboi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WickedTomboi

WickedTomboi

Hey everyone! lol
I have a good friend of mine who's struggling with a 15 year heroin addiction. Currently, she's "clean" (she's slipped a few times, but for the most part sticks to her suboxone. She also has anxiety and takes Xanax, which - according to everyone and her doctors is a very bad mix but she seems to be unable to function without it).

She's getting down into a rough period of withdrawal, combined with mental health issues (depression, anxiety) and I feel like it's not going to be long before relapse occurs, or worse. She was even thinking of getting back onto Methadone but I don't even think that's possible.

Past two days she's been taking Loratab with her suboxone to try and make the "effect" or whatever ( i have no idea i've never used this shit) more tolerable. She's not a weed smoker. She asked me if I could find out if there's any specific strains out there that could maybe, even a little bit - give the "feel" of a opiate (if it did, and without actually BEING an opiate - I'm assuming she'd be able to take her subs and still smoke it and the subs wouldn't block the effect because essentially there is no opiate). I don't know if that made sense to anyone lol.

I'm worried as fuck about her, I feel like if she could just find a good strain to smoke maybe..eventually..slowly...shit could improve in her life. ;-(

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Weed and opiates hit on completely different receptors.. The highs are therefore completely different..

The only plant that comes close to poppys would be Kratom.

If shes the type that enjoys the sleepyness of the opiate high then i suggest a strong indica dominate strain 12-13 weeks into flower or longer mostly amber trichs ect ect some real knock your ass out shit. If your sleeping you ain't using :D

WickedTomboi

WickedTomboi

Weed and opiates hit on completely different receptors.. The highs are therefore completely different..

The only plant that comes close to poppys would be Kratom.

If shes the type that enjoys the sleepyness of the opiate high then i suggest a strong indica dominate strain 12-13 weeks into flower or longer mostly amber trichs ect ect some real knock your ass out shit. If your sleeping you ain't using :D

For some reason, she shoots and gets fucking energy. WTF? She says it makes her feel calmer overall, but then she gets this burst of energy and winds up cleaning the whole damn house. She likened it to the endorphins released from working out.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
For some reason, she shoots and gets fucking energy. WTF? She says it makes her feel calmer overall, but then she gets this burst of energy and winds up cleaning the whole damn house. She likened it to the endorphins released from working out.

Yeah opiates can do that, If she likes the energy then perhaps a really strong sativa dom is called for.. perhaps some ssh or a sour D even , Or if you can score some Bog's gear Sour bubble is some amazing medicine, infact i would suggest trying that strain first on her see how she responds, its got a decent indica in there but also ( least the cut i had ) had some amazing head rush properties that gave me alot of energy no sleep style.

H

happy b

If there was a strain that gave you a hit like morphine without being morphine my life would be so much easier.i think the closest you can get to that is a heavy sedativ couch lock strain.i had a good high yeilding one like that from female seeds.nl.ICE they called it (white widow x super skunk) but its more or less "GREAT WHITE SHARK" but it was damn good.

WickedTomboi

WickedTomboi

Bodhi's tranquil elephantizer....take it deep
lead me to where i can get it. I really want to try and help her. It's a long shot but - I feel like if she could find something that even helps a little, in combination with the subs... this whole thing would be a bit easier on her.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Has she EVER smoked pot before? If the answers No. The DEF do not start her off with a Sativa dom, it will totally turn her off weed, will end up being too racey for her, more times then not thats the case for new smokers and sativas.

Stick with the strains that will just knock her ass out its for the better :P

H

happy b

You mean the seeds?phew almost every big company stocks female seeds.nl.theyr really fairly priced also but you could get just as good or better via here.i just didnt mention here at first coz i dont really have any experience with the strains sold here.(although im hoping to change that soon)

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
What she needs is a heavy dose of psilocybin caps and a quiet area in nature. Let her ask the Shaman how to fix her addiction. She will get an answer. Patching an opiate addiction with weed will not work.
Best of luck.
Peace

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
What she needs is a heavy dose of psilocybin caps and a quiet area in nature. Let her ask the Shaman how to fix her addiction. She will get an answer. Patching an opiate addiction with weed will not work.
Best of luck.
Peace

I have to +1 this May take multiple treatments but, Shits life changing!

brotherlewrl

brotherlewrl

wicked! let me first say that swim fits the description of your friend to a 'T".. It aint no fun at all, however if she is on the subs do you know if she went into withdrawal from the opiate first before she took the subs? She should wait at least 36 hrs before taking the subs for it to work correctly.. also find out what ml gram they gave her, essentially if they didn't start her off at a high enough dosage then she's gonna feel like shit, but the right dose will make her fell ok to normal.. About the strain, you need to find a high bcd strain low thc, her body is looking for anything that will mock the effects of opiates, so the bcd will help with pain, rls and maybe even sleeping. Also the thing about kratom is it somewhat works but that stuff feels like shit when getting off of after the opiates. also if she is serious about a halicinagenic she needs to look into ibugane and have it done by a professional shaman. don't do it here in the states but in mexico and others.. research that! swim knows all the tricks so if you need anything shoot me a pm i hate to see people struggle with these things. swim was the same way, gave energy and was like a calming upper, used to order the pods direct and make teas and other goodies, not a road to go down but works like a dream...

K

kolah

Try some top-shelf hash made from a 90-100% indica strain.

Magic mushrooms (dosed to hit Levels 4 and 5) may be a better option IMO...maybe even with a sitter to keep her cool and calm if needed. If shes never tripped before have her try a low dose first (to hit Levels 1,2 and 3)

Level 1
This level produces a mild "stoning" effect, with some visual enhancement (i.e. brighter colours, etc). Some short term memory anomalies. Left/right brain communication changes causing music to sound "wider".

Level 2
Bright colors, and visuals (i.e. things start to move and breathe), some 2 dimensional patterns become apparent upon shutting eyes. Confused or reminiscent thoughts. Change of short term memory leads to continual distractive thought patterns. Vast increase in creativity becomes apparent as the natural brain filter is bypassed.

Level 3
Very obvious visuals, everything looking curved and/or warped patterns and kaleidoscopes seen on walls, faces etc. Some mild hallucinations such as rivers flowing in wood grained or "mother of pearl" surfaces. Closed eye hallucinations become 3 dimensional. There is some confusion of the senses (i.e. seeing sounds as colors, etcetera). Time distortions and "moments of eternity".

Level 4
Strong hallucinations, i.e. objects morphing into other objects. Destruction or multiple splitting of the ego. (Things start talking toyou, or you find that you are feeling contradictory things simultaneously). Some loss of reality. Time becomes meaningless. Out ofbody experiences and e.s.p. type phenomena. Blending of the senses.

Level 5
Total loss of visual connection with reality. The senses cease to function in the normal way. Total loss of ego. Merging with space, other objects, or the universe. The loss of reality becomes so severe that it defies explanation. The earlier levels are relatively easy to explain in terms of measureable changes in perception and thought patterns. This level is different in that the actual universe within which things are normally perceived, ceases to exist! Satorienlightenment (and other such labels).

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Try some top-shelf hash made from a 90-100% indica strain.

Magic mushrooms (dosed to hit Levels 4 and 5) may be a better option IMO...maybe even with a sitter to keep her cool and calm if needed. If shes never tripped before have her try a low dose first (to hit Levels 1,2 and 3)

Level 1
This level produces a mild "stoning" effect, with some visual enhancement (i.e. brighter colours, etc). Some short term memory anomalies. Left/right brain communication changes causing music to sound "wider".

Level 2
Bright colors, and visuals (i.e. things start to move and breathe), some 2 dimensional patterns become apparent upon shutting eyes. Confused or reminiscent thoughts. Change of short term memory leads to continual distractive thought patterns. Vast increase in creativity becomes apparent as the natural brain filter is bypassed.

Level 3
Very obvious visuals, everything looking curved and/or warped patterns and kaleidoscopes seen on walls, faces etc. Some mild hallucinations such as rivers flowing in wood grained or "mother of pearl" surfaces. Closed eye hallucinations become 3 dimensional. There is some confusion of the senses (i.e. seeing sounds as colors, etcetera). Time distortions and "moments of eternity".

Level 4
Strong hallucinations, i.e. objects morphing into other objects. Destruction or multiple splitting of the ego. (Things start talking toyou, or you find that you are feeling contradictory things simultaneously). Some loss of reality. Time becomes meaningless. Out ofbody experiences and e.s.p. type phenomena. Blending of the senses.

Level 5
Total loss of visual connection with reality. The senses cease to function in the normal way. Total loss of ego. Merging with space, other objects, or the universe. The loss of reality becomes so severe that it defies explanation. The earlier levels are relatively easy to explain in terms of measureable changes in perception and thought patterns. This level is different in that the actual universe within which things are normally perceived, ceases to exist! Satorienlightenment (and other such labels).
I need a level 5 at night on a secluded beach. That would help me tremendously right now. Mushrooms are good for the soul. I used to abuse them, but even then understood the benefits , though not applied. Now I wish I could go to my favorite Shroom fields for some healing but they are a continent away.

Nice post.

Myco

Myco

Unfortunately, cannabis only makes opiate withdrawals worse to some degree... A powerful indica may find you an appetite, but that's about it. It's all subjective, of course, but... yeah.

Mushrooms on the other hand, provide a truly enlightening and life changing experience for someone struggling with addiction.

^ My recommendation.

Best of wishes to your friend to find relief from the dark side. Truly.

william76

william76

If shes suffering withdrawal,a trip is the last thing she'll need,taking a trip while suffering any mental\physical anxiety is crazy,go see a doctor again and explain,there is no quick fix she has to be ready to quit and she has to want it,a. Smoke may help,hope your friend wins,76

true grit

true grit

If shes suffering withdrawal,a trip is the last thing she'll need,taking a trip while suffering any mental\physical anxiety is crazy,go see a doctor again and explain,there is no quick fix she has to be ready to quit and she has to want it,a. Smoke may help,hope your friend wins,76

I agree with this. Most friends who ive seen trying to kick it, do NOT want to trip. Mushies are a lighter trip, but something that introspective while facing physical symptoms isn't always the answer.

Again, i suggest tears as a helper. Most people just havent heard that much about it, or don't have access to it, and dont think much of it. That was how my homies were until they started using them while kicking opes. They came back and said it definitley helped.

H

happy b

Well said will.an lsd type trip is the absoloute LAST thing thats needed.get a her a prescription for some Benzo,s ,put her to bed and keep an eye on her.in 10 days she will feel better i PROMISE.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
With all respect to whats been said, Beating withdraws does nothing to cure the addiction.. Anyone can detox only to turn around a week later and start using again leading you back to square one.

Ibogaine should be limited to those with SERIOUS addiction problems.. IE Heroin, Meth.. Ect, Addictions to pills while similar to heroin sure are a little easier to beat with the help of psychedelics like shrooms, 5-me0-dalt, Dmt, All three i used to beat my addictions...

Benzos will only lead to another addiction or rebound anxiety/insomnia when you stop even a short term use they can be a real bitch, sometimes worse to detox then opiates them selfs.

If your friend is serious about getting off the dope, Mushrooms are the answer, They will not show you anything more then your ready to see ~Terrance Mckenna

Tripping may be the last thing anyone WANTS, but then again does anyone who uses and is addicted to opiates and enjoys them really WANT to quit? No....

If you want to change you have to leave your comfort zone and attack the root cause of your addiction and mushrooms can do just that..

My 2 cents :D

Top Bottom