Mag Def?

• Thread starter Greenshark
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dan1989

dan1989

The thing with coco is you may well get away with treating it like soil, but you'll only get soil results.

dan1989

dan1989

Hey look man I told you I'm no pro but I'm happy to share findings as I'm a coco grower too. It's up to you where you go from here. Actually if I may suggest I would probably go with @GT21 as he is a damn sight more experienced than I am.

SantaLebbos

SantaLebbos

So you think the issue is due to light level then? I'll raise the lights a foot later on and I'll go from there. Cheers buddy
well it is no the main issue, but whenever you feel you have a problem with your plants, its always good to raise the light until they pick up again. you are not flowering at the moment ,for density etc.
I mean look at mine they re 5 feet away with 2 x 400 watts. While, the rule is to change one thing at a time, raising the lights is not a major change that effects anything else on the soil level/watering etc... its up to you that is my opinion ;)
F2

These are 3 feet away from the light in flower:
DSC02374
DSC02375

Raising the light, you might loose a bit of density. Yet you gain many other things like flavor/aroma and oils.
And when you dry water evaporates yet the oils remain. and that in my opinion is where the juice is. bu what do i know i am a newbie ;)

dan1989

dan1989

Well I feel sorry for the guy, I'm sure at the moment he's not sure what to be doing with all the mixed opinions. So I'd be better off ducking out this one. Hope things work out for the best @Greenshark. No hard feelings @SantaLebbos . Our opinions simply don't mix unfortunately, but that's ok. I still stand by my views that you need to be a little more conservative with the input. At least put 'IME' or 'it's my understanding' so people don't think your frickin Jorge Cervantes or whatever and follow you blindly. Peace all

SantaLebbos

SantaLebbos

Well I feel sorry for the guy, I'm sure at the moment he's not sure what to be doing with all the mixed opinions. So I'd be better off ducking out this one. Hope things work out for the best @Greenshark. No hard feelings @SantaLebbos . Our opinions simply don't mix unfortunately, but that's ok. I still stand by my views that you need to be a little more conservative with the input. At least put 'IME' or 'it's my understanding' so people don't think your frickin Jorge Cervantes or whatever and follow you blindly. Peace all

Man why you going so sensitive on us now, our opinions do not conflict! did you see me comment anything on your coco input ?? becuase i dont know jack shit about coco.
i just said to raise them lights. that is Not in anyway a conflict in all your advice or anyones:) dude chill...and if anyone is being Opera winfrey is you. Hard feelings? for what man...you dont record any where on my radar so for the love of god. chillax and stop pointing fingers please.

Ps: all your input i am going to use for my next coco grow. SO thank you for your input.

dan1989

dan1989

Man why you going so sensitive on us now, our opinions do not conflict! did you see me comment anything on your coco input ?? becuase i dont know jack shit about coco.
i just said to raise them lights. that is Not in anyway a conflict in all your advice or anyones:) dude chill...and if anyone is being Opera winfrey is you. Hard feelings? for what man...you dont record any where on my radar so for the love of god. chillax and stop pointing fingers please.

Ps: all your input i am going to use for my next coco grow. SO thank you for your input.

Yeah whatever I take it all back. You're just a guy who likes repeating yourself so you sound like you know what you're talking about. And you won't admit that. THAT'S why I'm ducking out, because it's really annoying. I'm gonna get back to growing and if I have any issues I'm sure I'll just raise the lights and everything will be fine and dandy.

Honestly not gonna respond any further

G

Greenshark

Run some water through a plant an ph the runoff.

I only had chance to snap a few pics mate. what the hell? Overnight they have diminished fast. Most have brown tips but the plant below looks like it's eating itself from the outside in? Surely the leaves are too pale to be N toxicity? Please help as I'm stumped! The pics are in the last few hours. They all seem to be yellowing but the one plant is very bad. It seems sporadic and not on all the leaves? Please help!

IMG 1659
IMG 1661
IMG 1663
IMG 1664
IMG 1666
IMG 1667
SantaLebbos

SantaLebbos

Yeah whatever I take it all back. You're just a guy who likes repeating yourself so you sound like you know what you're talking about. And you won't admit that. THAT'S why I'm ducking out, because it's really annoying. I'm gonna get back to growing and if I have any issues I'm sure I'll just raise the lights and everything will be fine and dandy.

Honestly not gonna respond any further
:crying2:

G

Greenshark

I only had chance to snap a few pics mate. what the hell? Overnight they have diminished fast. Most have brown tips but the plant below looks like it's eating itself from the outside in? Surely the leaves are too pale to be N toxicity? Please help as I'm stumped! The pics are in the last few hours. They all seem to be yellowing but the one plant is very bad. It seems sporadic and not on all the leaves? Please help!

IMG 1659
IMG 1661
IMG 1662
IMG 1664
IMG 1666
IMG 1667
SantaLebbos

SantaLebbos

i am growing 2 plants in coco, the great thing about coco, is that at any given time you can reset your medium.
what i am normally do, with it so far. is i dial down whatever i was feeding by 30% to 50%. measure the ppm and Ph. and give it a full flush until. the run off reads the same as i am putting IN. it works every time. although i dont have much exp with coco. but from what i have tried and read. it works every time. when you have no idea whats happening.

Hope that helps

dan1989

dan1989

I've been wondering if anyone else in coco doesn't live by the golden 30% runoff. I'm in 3.5gal pots day 30 of flower with 6 girls, one clone 5 bag seed. I use a pump up garden sprayer to apply my nutes. I do a minimum of 2 liters per plant to achieve good solid weight and in 24 hours the pots are light again. But my point is if I go over 2 liters I get most of what I put in right back. But my thoughts are am I building up old salts in my coco? So about every 4th feeding I put an extra liter in each and suck out over 4 liters of run off. Just playing it safe I guess. But do I have to? The plants aren't complaining and thriving.

Honestly, the salts can only build up when the medium is drying, so long as the coco is consistently moist, your salt troubles will be non existent :) the salts form when two or more elements meet which cannot dissolve together (that's why you add A + B formulas separately) This will not happen if you keep the coco moist, salt is soluble in water, get it? They are harmful when combined and lock up your roots as the plant can't break them down and process them. This happens when your root zone gets dry and those dry elements are left at the bottom. Same goes for if you let the top of the coco get too dry. You'll end up flushing them into all medium below. Hope you find something helpful :)

chemistry

chemistry

My water is PH 7.2 and has a PPM of 220, and this to hard for my plants up take up Cal or Mag, so I supplement Cal/Mag, or my leaves look like yours.

G

Greenshark

My water is PH 7.2 and has a PPM of 220, and this to hard for my plants up take up Cal or Mag, so I supplement Cal/Mag, or my leaves look like yours.
Do your leaves go yellow and brown in the edges on some plants? Brown tips? I'm sure it's not N toxicity as the leaves are too Pale but who knows!

dan1989

dan1989

Anyone fancy chiming in on the new photos???

Honestly I would personally just undo whatever you changed since first post and carry on, but with a solid watering schedule. I genuinely couldn't see anything in your plants that I myself would have immediately reacted to. For all you know it was a little stressed from the irregular water cycle and needed a bit of chill time, as was my opinion in my first post here. I know it's not what you wanna hear bro but sometimes you're better riding shit out an extra day or two and seeing what happens.

G

Greenshark

Honestly I would personally just undo whatever you changed since first post and carry on, but with a solid watering schedule. I genuinely couldn't see anything in your plants that I myself would have immediately reacted to. For all you know it was a little stressed from the irregular water cycle and needed a bit of chill time, as was my opinion in my first post here. I know it's not what you wanna hear bro but sometimes you're better riding shit out an extra day or two and seeing what happens.

I totally agree but they have got a lot worse over night mate. I'll attach new photos again. I was thinking too much N but the leaves are too pale? Also it's not on all of the leaves? One plant has got bad but only on 2-4 leaves and not all in the same place?

IMG 1659
IMG 1661
IMG 1663
IMG 1664
IMG 1666
IMG 1667
chemistry

chemistry

Do your leaves go yellow and brown in the edges on some plants? Brown tips? I'm sure it's not N toxicity as the leaves are too Pale but who knows!

I don't know what your water PPM's are? But mine locks out Cal/Mag. I've had mag issues like yours, and had nothing left of my plant after two weeks.
LH week 10 start flush

Week 10 and starting flush, this Super Lemon Haze loved Calmag, and this is what happened to it when I cut the Calmag to start it's flush. You can see the yellow patches starting to develop on your leaves, it's not N tox or your leaves would be dark and drop tipped. Try one plant with a dose of Calmag, and if it picks up, do the others.

G

Greenshark

I don't know what your water PPM's are? But mine locks out Cal/Mag. I've had mag issues like yours, and had nothing left of my plant after two weeks.
View attachment 795142

Week 10 and starting flush, this Super Lemon Haze loved Calmag, and this is what happened to it when I cut the Calmag to start it's flush. You can see the yellow patches starting to develop on your leaves, it's not N tox or your leaves would be dark and drop tipped. Try one plant with a dose of Calmag, and if it picks up, do the others.

Thanks for the reply mate. Yes that does look similar. The water ph comes out at 7.2 also and I'm guessing it's going to be around the same ppm. I'm guessing the water has excessive calcium which would in turn lock out mag iirc?

chemistry

chemistry

Thanks for the reply mate. Yes that does look similar. The water ph comes out at 7.2 also and I'm guessing it's going to be around the same ppm. I'm guessing the water has excessive calcium which would in turn lock out mag iirc?

This is what I find with my water, so I just add Calmag. You can see the damage on my leafs are like your early stages. Yes, I think water can be to hard, it seems to lock the Calmag out to a point the plant seems to eat it's self, even though it's green.

Top Bottom