Makers Heatsink Slim

• Thread starter BombBP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AvidLerner

AvidLerner

sure work real nice. How will you power them and control them? 4up or 5up LDD boards and a 5v driver or a led controller with LDD drivers?

BombBP

BombBP

I think this is the configuration I'm using. 16 blues, 8 reds and 4 full spectrum chips. I might change a few but this is basically what I'm building.

Crappy drawing but the chips will be evenly spaced:).

2017 02 03 022149
Homesteader

Homesteader

What are you using for emitters? I assume Cree stars?

BombBP

BombBP

Thanks for the tip @DrMcSkunkins ! I bought a cooling fan with it so maybe it will help. We will see.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Nice.
What is the logic behind your wavelength choices.
I ask because it's red light that does the "heavy lifting" and that array looks very "heavy" in blue.

BombBP

BombBP

Nice.
What is the logic behind your wavelength choices.
I ask because it's red light that does the "heavy lifting" and that array looks very "heavy" in blue.
That's a great question and I did a lot of research into what wavelengths benefit plants. Now, I'm not a scientist or engineer, hell, I'm not even that smart but from what I could find there's slightly more activity in the Blue range vs the red although it seems reds are most efficient at promoting growth and chlorophyll absorption. This will just be a supplemental light for flowering. Experimenting really:).

I'll be using this light along with 2 400w HPS so I wanted to provide more of the blue spectrum since I'll have the red spectrum covered with the HPS. I might see how it does at vegging but right now I'm concerned with a bloom booster.

If you have any suggestions on the spectrums I'm always open to new ideas.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Mahalo!
That makes sense. Had not occurred to me to mix them.
I used the LEDs instead of the HPS And got great results for half the power cost.
With what we pay for power here I used LEDs to replace. not augment, the HPS
I flower outdoors now, because it's free, and legal.
But will follow this experiment to see what I can learn from it.
Aloha,
Wee 'zard

BombBP

BombBP

Mahalo!
That makes sense. Had not occurred to me to mix them.
I used the LEDs instead of the HPS And got great results for half the power cost.
With what we pay for power here I used LEDs to replace. not augment, the HPS
I flower outdoors now, because it's free, and legal.
But will follow this experiment to see what I can learn from it.
Aloha,
Wee 'zard
I guess I'm just stuck in my ways as far as the hps goes. They've never failed me but I haven't used strictly led or strictly cmh or DE bulbs, etc. so I don't have anything to compare. I guess this will be sort of a small introduction.

Honestly, I just thought I wonder what would happen if I did this and now I'm doing it to find out:D.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Goodonya!
Some of our best discoveries started with the phrase "Hmm, that's funny."

Latest posts

Top Bottom