Mars Hydro Or Unit Farm

• Thread starter angelina
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
angelina

angelina

Hi guys, have finishing my second growing, good harvest lol....I have a 2.5x2.5ft space. Planning to grow a varianty of plants, about 6 plants. Just hesitating what light I should buy. Considering a Mars II 700 LED grow light, I see a lot of good reviews on the forum. But I'd love to buy a new Unit Farm 120LED grow light. It looks beautiful. And I want to try a new light. Any suggestion?

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

I have no experience with either, so I can't help there. But I can recommend the Roleadro COB 400w, I bought one about 6 months ago and I LOVE IT! if you're willing to spend more I would DEFINITELY recommend Spectrum King, lots of people in the DGC love em, I see alot of YouTubers loving em too

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Hi guys, have finishing my second growing, good harvest lol....I have a 2.5x2.5ft space. Planning to grow a varianty of plants, about 6 plants. Just hesitating what light I should buy. Considering a Mars II 700 LED grow light, I see a lot of good reviews on the forum. But I'd love to buy a new Unit Farm 120LED grow light. It looks beautiful. And I want to try a new light. Any suggestion?
Dont mess with any of them generic leds. This will light your 2.5 x2.5 area up great with 140 watt spectrum king led. At 299 its an awesome light and depending on how good a grower you are, you could see a 1/2 elbow. prob wont cost 20 a month to run...

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Unit farm advertises and has test units at riu. Worth a search for threads.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Neither. They are BS tech

Check out HGL for excellent products at reasonable prices

I have one of their tiny ones. It out out lots of light.

Op

A 2.5x2.5 will do like 3 plants, even one. If u get a real light on a 3 gal or 5 gal pot it will fill out n take up that whole space.

I had a cheaper led, cfl, t5... make the right move the first time.

GL

brazel

brazel

Ok never heard of unit farm but their website is a good laugh!
Good to know one of the spectrums they use is white!? : /

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I have one of their tiny ones. It out out lots of light.

Op

A 2.5x2.5 will do like 3 plants, even one. If u get a real light on a 3 gal or 5 gal pot it will fill out n take up that whole space.

I had a cheaper led, cfl, t5... make the right move the first time.

GL

3 plants in 2.5 x 2.5? LOL

I typically get ONE plant per ~ 2ft. The cube balls are 19" on center

IMG 3715
DGP

DGP

What is your budget? For about 200 bucks you can build your own 3 light chip on board system or buy a 3 light Vero 29 COB fixture from Rapid LED....

I researched commercially available LED systems and the deceiving specs and number of failed systems I saw in various forums lead me to build my own lights from reliable and well understood/trusted components.

http://ledgardener.com/build-led-grow-light/

https://cobkits.com
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/diy-led-with-cobs-small-medium-and-large-grows.64252/

Dan789

Dan789

6FB1D9F4 6C91 4FEA 9472 875B05F430E8
What is your budget? For about 200 bucks you can build your own 3 light chip on board system or buy a 3 light Vero 29 COB fixture from Rapid LED....

I researched commercially available LED systems and the deceiving specs and number of failed systems I saw in various forums lead me to build my own lights from reliable and well understood/trusted components.

http://ledgardener.com/build-led-grow-light/

https://cobkits.com
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/diy-led-with-cobs-small-medium-and-large-grows.64252/
Second for the Rapid led kits, loving my 12 vero 29 light :cool:

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Yes.

Notice how I said even one 5 words later.

Some grow tiny house plant sized n some go to 5/6/7ft.

Thanks for the tip tho.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

it seems like you are knocking him for having small plants? Am I correct? Do you think his are undersized compared to yours? At the 1 plant every meter physiologic?

Bannacis

Bannacis

Mars lights are cheap Chinese brand, Don't get me wrong they will grow plants ok,kinda... a mars 300 for $70...only 148watts true. if you got the money...invest for better quality. I got 3z's with my mars 300.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

it seems like you are knocking him for having small plants? Am I correct? Do you think his are undersized compared to yours? At the 1 plant every meter physiologic?

Not at all. I have been growing and posting threads for 6+ years, and occasionally have had a few runt plants. Not by choice, this grow I have a small indica dom: if not she's pure indica (if there is such a thing anymore). She's only 22" tall, but already more than 19" wide. I also have a sat dom that is currently 30" tall. Her side branching is very close to the stalk. If I had more to choose from I would pluck her as she won't produce much

IMG 4102
IMG 4104

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Not at all. I have been growing and posting threads for 6+ years, and occasionally have had a few runt plants. Not by choice, this grow I have a small indica dom: if not she's pure indica (if there is such a thing anymore). She's only 22" tall, but already more than 19" wide. I also have a sat dom that is currently 30" tall. Her side branching is very close to the stalk. If I had more to choose from I would pluck her as she won't produce much

View attachment 769523 View attachment 769524
Ya I have seen 2 years of your grows.. U say you designed the spyder light for bml? Do you work for them?

Just a thought, but if you did some selective defol as the plant grew and did away with the kids erector set, you would be able to get more tops at canopy level and you might be able to utilize that light a little better..
Do you use GH nutes/? I seen the look on your roots the way mine used to look when I used GH nutes.. I changed over to Cns17 and they dont stain the roots, they come back clear...

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Ya I have seen 2 years of your grows.. U say you designed the spyder light for bml? Do you work for them?

Just a thought, but if you did some selective defol as the plant grew and did away with the kids erector set, you would be able to get more tops at canopy level and you might be able to utilize that light a little better..
Do you use GH nutes/? I seen the look on your roots the way mine used to look when I used GH nutes.. I changed over to Cns17 and they dont stain the roots, they come back clear...

I do not work for BLM.

At the time I contacted them (early 2013) they were making 2 lights; one for veg, one for flower. Neither had any white diodes, so one had to pay $2K

I had several harvests using white only t5 bulbs (5000k and 3000k), and/or led screw bulbs of same kelvin. I suggested that I could create a mix of white red and blue that could be dual purpose, saving customers a ton of money which would make his SPYDR more customer friendly. He agreed to let me select the monos. Alas, I did not get everything I wanted as his production line was not set up for it. I wanted 2 red bars and the ability to turn them on only when needed for bloom. Consequently I could not get as many reds or they would have caused too much stretch in veg

I do defol, but when I grow long lanky sats, the buds are too heavy for the stems, requiring support: enter the cube

I have been using NPK RAW nutes for several grows ( they are brown, get darker as EC increases). I made a ton of mistakes using them incorrectly last grow. Summer heat here is intense, pouring through my open beam ceiling. This makes it hard to keep rez cool enough, plus not calibrating pH pen regularly. It was way off, thee combination resulted in the ugly stringy roots

hth

F

farmyield

I am now start a new run,Couple of changes to my usual set up so here's the run down for you....

Starting with my 900w Mars LED panels .Am trying out the 24/0 light schedule this time around instead of 20/4.

Using B&Q verve multipurpose compost and added perlite (It did just as good a job on my last grow as my usual Canna terra pro did so why waste my money?)

8L plastic pots.

I have desk fan in there circulating the air and I crack the cupboard door open to keep temps down and let fresh air in. Maybe it's just the strains I've been growing but smell hasn't been an issue thus far so will see how this OG Kush goes.

And that's about it really. 3 out of the 4 beans have broken the surface of the soil and looking good. I have a spare seed if the 4th fails as I bought 5.

Going to be a LOT more careful with feeding this time around and dial them back as I overfed my last lot

My heads in the game now and very much looking forward to growing a new strain. Will post pics with added age in days .

Sub up, it's gonna be a groovy ride

A

Aolelon

Like others have said. Don't waste your money on mars hydro. Either go with COBS or QB. Even the led strips are a better option and they are pretty cheat and cover a wide area.
I had a viper 450w and just bought 2 qb288s and im upset I ever spent money on that light.

Top Bottom