Med-man Method - Ppm/ec Chart

• Thread starter med man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

My tap water is 770 ppm, we use ro for our drinking water too. Hell, the dogs get it too. City water blows around here

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

I wouldn't recommend drinking RO h2o frequently. Believe it or not you can actually dehydrate from drinking RO in excess.
RO acts like a sponge, why do you think its recommended for mixing salts/chems?
It will do the same thing inside you.

ya i know, ro stips everything of minerals....but at 650ppm tap water, before drinking it i would still pass it through the ro machine, lol...or buy bottled water....@ 650 ppm your teeth might act as a strainer and filter out particles lol

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Im on a well, 660/670 ppm, 7.1 pH
So I get double dicked
First I have to run through water softener then RO
Glad water is plentiful around here

G gnome

G gnome

I have a whole house sediment filter. Then a whole house carbon filter. Then a softener then a merlin garden pro ro. My water still comes out at 70ppm. Before the ro and softener its 900ppm

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Do you guys soften the water first because it's easier on the RO?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I use tap water at 1.0 EC and don't have any issues... Get your water analyzed before you jump on the RO wagon. Generally the high ppms in city tap are attributed to Calcium, which is excellent for plant growth. My nutes are .8 EC total, so I am at 1.8 pretty much all the time. No problems at all. Great post @med man. Helpful feeding chart.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@med man how many weeks is the strain that follows this particular schedule? It's looking like 13.5 weeks but damn I have your rockstar kush and it's done in 65 days.

G gnome

G gnome

Before I incorporated the softener my water was coming out the ro at 270ppm

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

:) Now my water is 26ppm with new ro system from 564ish ppm from tap. I'm also using an inline hose pre filter with it. Dankness coming soon... ;)
a little tip for using RO water, to help stabilize the ph, mix 10-20% tap water, the minerals in the tap will help stabilize the ph of the RO water and helping with ph fluctuations....when i used RO i found 50/50 tap/ro was a good mix, but my tap is 170ppm

F

FooDoo

My municiple is .3ec and I still use RO. Ive ran RO for 13 years and never got root rot, Tried to run the municple tap water to save money one time and had massive root rot instantly. Went back to RO and rot went away , finished the grow, never looked back. But that's hydro and most guys in here are soil.

However I apply the same exact ec feeding in dwc that op posted. My max is 1.5-1.6 ec. Never goes over or tips burn

G gnome

G gnome

U could pipe in a cpl whole house filters to save your ro membrane. Just sweat some garden hose fittings on the ends if you dont want to put it on your main

med man

med man

Breeder
Wow guys.

Awesome info. Thanks for everyone sharing

med-man

FarmeR.Jay

FarmeR.Jay

med-man method - feeding chart ppm/ec
hello folks

a great way to massive stinky yields and preventing powdery mildew and bug infestation and or root rot is keep your root zone salt build up free

this is my tried and true ppm/ec chart that will work best with my genes or anything else you are growing, especially from seed...

clones / seeds -
week 1 - 140ppm / 0.2 ec
week 2 - 210ppm / 0.3 ec

At this point go feed feed flush. Feed feed flush etc

veg
week 1 - 350ppm / 0.5 ec
week 2 - 420ppm / 0.7 ec
week 3 - 550-650 ppm / 0.8-0.9ec

bloom - transition
week 1 - 700ppm / 1.0 ec
week 2 - 800ppm / 1.1 ec

full bloom
weeks 3 - 5 (or more) - 800-900ppm / 1.2-1.3 ec

ripening (shock flushing)
15 days before flushing - 400-500ppm / 0.6-0.7 ec

flushing
15 days before harvest - 0-200ppm / 0.0-0.3 ec

shock ripening
at least 72 hours of pitch black and ice water. dehus on constant

less is more guys. pounding plants with ppms will stunt growth, stunt yield, lower quality, resin production, and send signals out to pests like pythium, powdery mildew and bud rot plus all the bugs you can name to come and finish them off. its how nature works. thos parasites are just waiting for the plants to call them in. and toxic salt build up is the #1 cause of all grow room related issues

med-man
Thanks for the technique & tips should be trying this out soon !!

Top Bottom