• Tagged users None
JV Growers

JV Growers

Hi ThcFarmers,

I am growing 4 plants in this setup :

Optic Led 8+
Alien RDWC with 4 pots on a 4x4 box
Only with feminized or normal strains

The goal is to find the best hardware, process and nutrients for my setup, and share the knowledge.

Cheers
JV

S

Simplicio

Hi ThcFarmers,

I am growing 4 plants in this setup :

Optic Led 8+
Alien RDWC with 4 pots on a 4x4 box
Only with feminized or normal strains

The goal is to find the best hardware, process and nutrients for my setup, and share the knowledge.

Cheers
JV

Those 4 buckets, reservoir, tubes, and valves are much more complicated than a single reservoir having the same total volume. A lot can go wrong.

You should consider autofems, which are the easiest thing to grow.

JV Growers

JV Growers

I have been growing autofems ( from Spanish, Dutch and American breeders ) for the past 5 years, and if you are serious about effect potency and strong medical use, you dump autofems where they belong : in the closet of people with the tolerance level of an aspirin :).

From my experience, having a single big tank caused more issues, and roots from different plants get intertwined ( ex : seperating them is hell if one finishes earlier ).

To monitor the system, I have a GroLab Hydro automation connected to it, so Ph and Ec are always in control.
And once this new setup will have been tested during few growths, we will know when and how much CO2 has to be added to go from 400ppm to around 1000ppm.

So yes, in this setup, so many things can go wrong, or it can also go very very right :D ( if you have some experiences and green thumbs ... )

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Welcome to the farm!!!!
Im gonna take this thread to hydro forums. Mo bedda place to expand on your thread.

S

Simplicio

I have been growing autofems ( from Spanish, Dutch and American breeders ) for the past 5 years, and if you are serious about effect potency and strong medical use, you dump autofems where they belong : in the closet of people with the tolerance level of an aspirin :).

From my experience, having a single big tank caused more issues, and roots from different plants get intertwined ( ex : seperating them is hell if one finishes earlier ).

To monitor the system, I have a GroLab Hydro automation connected to it, so Ph and Ec are always in control.
And once this new setup will have been tested during few growths, we will know when and how much CO2 has to be added to go from 400ppm to around 1000ppm.

So yes, in this setup, so many things can go wrong, or it can also go very very right :D ( if you have some experiences and green thumbs ... )

The autofems of 5 years ago bear no resemblance to those of today.

Roots tangling in a single tank isn't a problem if the roots are not also harvested.
If a few leaves are left on an early harvested plant, it will stay alive until the last plant is harvested, and the state of tangle of the roots can be completely ignored.

JV Growers

JV Growers

Well, this year I tried again in autofems : Vesta & Magnum ( from Buddha Seeds ), White Widow Automatic ( from Dutch Passion ) and OG Kush Automatic ( from Dinafem ), all germinated well, produced the announced quantity ( except for the Magnum ) but the strength of the effect is a joke, really:crying2:.

I have been eating edibles daily for 20 years and automatics are definitely having a reduced terpene profile compared to feminized or normal ones. But of course it's my opinion :cool:

Top Bottom