Medical User, New To Growing, Tent Advice Please

• Thread starter Actuosity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Actuosity

Actuosity

Hey Folks,

Hope this is the right place!

I've been consuming medically for 4 years now and have decided to start growing my own.

I have very little experience in what im looking for and would hope that you folks could provide some feedback with your experience.

This is in Canada

The grow setup that I've decided to do is:

Im on quite the budget, (1000$)
All products off amazon

4ftx2ftx5ft tent - Mylar 600D
Two Viparspectra reflector series 300W LED
Active air 400 CFM inline fan 6 inch + speed adjuster
Phresh 701265 Intake Filter 6 x 12 inch 450 CFM Carbon filter
1 6 inch clip on fan (maybe 2?)
LED Glasses,
Garden Sheers and clippers
60x 120x pocket microscope
Coco-coir Base
Perlite
General Hydro's Flora gro, bloom, and micro fertalizer,
General Hydro Calimagic
and PH Balancing kit.

I already have everything for the germination and incubation process.

Any suggestions to this set up? should I change anything?

If using a 4x2x5 tent with a 400 CFM exhaust (carbon filter on the inside of tent as a sucker) should I use a small intake fan or will the negative pressure be enough?

Im leaning on two 300W LEDS instead of one CMH light as I would eventually like to get another 2x2 tent for flowering and use the 4x2 for the veg / seedling process so I can rotate between two harvests every 5 - 7 weeks instead of 10-13

Dan789

Dan789

Hey@Actousity, in tents I like the Apollo tents, note in that 2x4 tent you’ll likely only be able to get two plants through to harvest if you could go a bit larger, more room for plants.
On the coco, not so sure that’s a good first move, soil is much more forgiving.
On the fan filter, I’d run that all outside the tent, tent-suction-fan-filter. Use some cheese cloth hot glued to the ends of a couple short 1’ or so pieces of duct (bug filters), bend duct so it points down, place through lower tent drawstring openings, exhaust through the tops of your tent(s). Good growing.

Actuosity

Actuosity

Hey@Actousity, in tents I like the Apollo tents, note in that 2x4 tent you’ll likely only be able to get two plants through to harvest if you could go a bit larger, more room for plants.
On the coco, not so sure that’s a good first move, soil is much more forgiving.
On the fan filter, I’d run that all outside the tent, tent-suction-fan-filter. Use some cheese cloth hot glued to the ends of a couple short 1’ or so pieces of duct (bug filters), bend duct so it points down, place through lower tent drawstring openings, exhaust through the tops of your tent(s). Good growing.

Hey Dan thanks for the quick reply, at this current time I'm only legally allowed to have 4 plants at any given stage as I'm a renter not the home owner so thats the draw towards the 4x2 tent, and eventual 2x2 for 2 constantly in harvest and 2 constantly in flower with minimal downtime between. Would there be any harm in doing 4 plants? or would I see about the same yields regardless just worse buds with 4 plants?

What would you suggest for soil any additives required? I currently am in the process of creating some no-til but don't want to do that for my first grow, Likely on the second time around Ill have one no-til and the other soil/coco.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

iv seen plenty of new growers start with coco and have been very successful but iv also seen new growers who have started with coco and its a complete disaster.with soil you literally have to put effort in if u wanted to fuck it up.its just so much easier and as dan789 says its way more forgiving.if that was me doing what your doing i would plan on doing half soil and half in the coco just to hedge my bets.i would prolly just go all soil but since you already have everything for coco you may as well do both.you can get biobizz nutes pretty cheap and a bag of good light organic soil that drains well.foxfarm do some good soil iv heard and canna pro plus soil has a great consistency but i find you need to add some worm castings to pro plus as it doesn't have alot of nitrogen in.worm castings aren't that expensive though.
thats just what i would do .not saying its a better way,its just what i would under the same circumstance

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Hey Folks,

I've been consuming medically for 4 years now and have decided to start growing my own.

I have very little experience in what im looking for and would hope that you folks could provide some feedback with your experience.

This is in Canada

All products off amazon

LED Glasses,
Coco-coir Base
Perlite
General Hydro Calimagic
and PH Balancing kit.

If using a 4x2x5 tent with a 400 CFM exhaust (carbon filter on the inside of tent as a sucker) should I use a small intake fan or will the negative pressure be enough?

Im leaning on two 300W LEDS instead of one CMH light as I would eventually like to get another 2x2 tent for flowering and use the 4x2 for the veg / seedling process so I can rotate between two harvests every 5 - 7 weeks instead of 10-13
Looks like your gona get a good start. Lots of knowledgeable folks here. Don’t forget about the search bar it works wonders when your seeking info.
Welcome to, The Farm!! Happy growing!!!!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hey Folks,

This is in Canada

All products off amazon

LED Glasses,
Coco-coir Base
Perlite
General Hydro Calimagic
and PH Balancing kit.

i run a 2x4x5 tent,and mentioned already put the fan on outside of tent,i have run 6 comfortably in the tent in 1 gal pots,flip to flower when they get 16 in tall and train a lot ,yep ,do it over my tent would be a 4x4 if i had the room,just so less plants equal volume by bushing them out,in the 2x4 tent 6 is crowding them but still doable,if you just let um run straight up,with training crowded,reason for the 16 in veg height to flip for me,after stretch you might have about 1 1/2 ft of room between light and the filter,i even built a plywood lid for the tent and mounted filter and fan outside on top,wouldnt pull enough heat out of tent with same rig,400 cfm,went with filter inside hose from filter to light threw cool tube to hose threw tent to fan pulling instead of pushing,got me threw 4 months of triple digits but had some very sad looking plants,next run setup this way went problem free,,but ya id go 4x4 for the room and bushed,training them bitches to go horizontal and laying on edge of pots open all bud sites to the light,you can veg longer also,i bought the 2x4 for a dry and veg tent ,wound up using it for the source and it has sucked all the way,small containers in a crowde tent dont give much yield but less plants in bigger pots trained will fill that bitch up

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Don’t waste your time with those lights. Buy some quantum boards. Start with soil, don’t over complicate it. Good lights, good ventilation and decent control of humidity and temp and you can grow some dank your first run with limited headaches.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Likely a 4” fan and carbon filter will be enough for a 2x4 tent.

And you don’t need an intake filter if you are filtering smell. You need a standard filter. The 4” phresh filter is small and cheap but works great. I use one in a 3x3 still sometimes.

Actuosity

Actuosity

Lyou don’t need an intake filter if you are filtering smell. You need a standard filter. The 4” phresh filter is small and cheap but works great. I use one in a 3x3 still sometimes.

Will 4 inch filter be enough to filter out a good 95% of the smell? I live in a shared residence

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

[QUOTE="MIMedGrower, post: 2201702, member: 81605" you don’t need an intake filter if you are filtering smell. You need a standard filter. The 4” phresh filter is small and cheap but works great. I use one in a 3x3 still sometimes.

Will 4 inch filter be enough to filter out a good 95% of the smell? I live in a shared residence[/QUOTE]

It does for me. Fans and filters are sized to the space used in not more power less smell.

Sorry didn’t mean to quote myself too.

Actuosity

Actuosity

Don’t waste your time with those lights. Buy some quantum boards.

Do you have any suggestions for canadian brands or suppliers for quantum boards? one of the hardest problems i finding are reviewed products, or lighting systems that arnt 600 CAD

Actuosity

Actuosity

Will 4 inch filter be enough to filter out a good 95% of the smell? I live in a shared residence

It does for me. Fans and filters are sized to the space used in not more power less smell.[/QUOTE]

Ahh okay, I did the CFM caluculations and i require 40 CFM then like 58-63 with the carbon filter, however I was hoping if I went 6 inch and dialed it back I could get a quieter experience.

Whats your experience when it comes to noise?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It does for me. Fans and filters are sized to the space used in not more power less smell.

Ahh okay, I did the CFM caluculations and i require 40 CFM then like 58-63 with the carbon filter, however I was hoping if I went 6 inch and dialed it back I could get a quieter experience.

Whats your experience when it comes to noise?[/QUOTE]

Except for mid summer when it’s 90 degrees outside I turn down the fan controller on my 4 inch active air fan in the 3x3.

Now that it’s freezing outside I have it all the way turned down. Tent is used for veg now so no filter. There is 250 watts of t-5 fluorescent running. It was the same almost with a 315 CMH.

As far as noise. You will hear the fan turned down too so if stealth is a priority look into making a box to quiet it or buy a stealth model online fan.

Also a duct silencer may help.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter

Whats your experience when it comes to noise?[/QUOTE]

I’m using this fan and i’m pretty happy. Runs very softly. With a muffler on one end and a carbon filter on the other, i can only hear the faintest noise when standing right near the door. If i close the door to the room, nothing (walls are not that thick either, word literally travels in my house). I brought in repairmen during a grow. They worked at the next room :)
Also very happy with can filters. Using a can-lite. Its been about 12 months with high humidity (70%) and constant growing. Still going.

http://solerpalau-usa.com/products/isdf/td-silent.html

Top Bottom