meet the honeycomb

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Racker

Racker

Where did you get details about new Dimlux products? Will they have a 1000W ballast? The only one on the website is 400-600W.

In Januari 2014 they will have 1000watt double ended aircooled light. The bulb is surrounded by invisable glass to cool the bulb. The boost goes up to 1200watt.

I saw this on a show in Vienna....

2013 10 20 173254

Thoth

Thoth

Man, I have got to see this in action. What a totally fucking awesome idea. Awesome work Cap!!

ttystikk

ttystikk

Man, I have got to see this in action. What a totally fucking awesome idea. Awesome work Cap!!

This thing is a beast, in many ways. I'm biting less off the apple by running just one bulb in a round trellis four feet across and letting plants grow up the outside of them.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Here is a veg shot of a healthier girl and the veg rom. Changed from 24 plants to 12 to keep the plant count in the legal range. I was gone for 10 days and all they got was water. This one plant looks great. Well, the 3 in sunshine #4 look great. The 3 in chow look very underfed. Same with the 3 going in to the jk buckets. I'm in no rush though so when they get in to the flwer room I am sure they will come around... or not. whatever. Eventually I will get it right. :cigar:

IMAG0630

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Here is a shot of the flower room. 20 x 20 x 12 all hand built by yours truly over the course of about a year now. Been taking my sweet ass time on this build that's for sure. No rush though. I am currently working on getting the wire grid up on the ceiling. I have 7 gavita high frequency remote ballasts to run the phillips SE greenpower bulbs, and I am also working on the bracket to hold 2 vert bulbs which will basically be a couple of 6" square steel plates, a couple of j boxes, a couple of sockets, some all thread, and a couple of ballast cords. I also still need to paint the floor with white pool rubber paint.

Hopefully I will make a bunch of progress this weekend. The hardest part now will be plumbing all this shit.

IMAG0631

tweedy

tweedy

Here is a veg shot of a healthier girl and the veg rom. Changed from 24 plants to 12 to keep the plant count in the legal range. I was gone for 10 days and all they got was water. This one plant looks great. Well, the 3 in sunshine #4 look great. The 3 in chow look very underfed. Same with the 3 going in to the jk buckets. I'm in no rush though so when they get in to the flwer room I am sure they will come around... or not. whatever. Eventually I will get it right. :cigar:

View attachment 355301

Lookin nice and clean! Drain to waste in those big containers? Also, I know JK promotes the versatility of his buckets in the sense of how you are able to run them, have you decided if you're going to run it rdwc?

tweedy

tweedy

26" cubed.

These will be RDWC. I may do them aero DTW later down the road.
Good deal, are you going to be modifying your profile at all ala fatman for the dtw aero if you go that route? I'm curious to see someone run the 2010 formula with no media and see if the excess nitrogen and potassium ratios are necessary. He wasn't a dummy with dtw aero so his formula must have its reasons.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with- I like your ideas and the more I think about growing plants on both sides of a trellis fence, the better I like it.

shawnskush

shawnskush

View attachment 355301
can you show us some more pics of the JK buckets? Its so rare to find em

tweedy

tweedy

can you show us some more pics of the JK buckets? Its so rare to find em
I would imagine that they are probably not allowed to show the guts or else we would have seem em by now from someone around here. I will say that I'd like to be caps best friend right now so I could get some serious bucket knowledge dropped on me next time I visited his ladies though.

tweedy

tweedy

@Jalisco Kid

Can I show the guts of the buckets here? It's up to you man. :)
I think the question I really want answered is do you think you ever could have built something comparable in design/performance or have we all been building square wheels while JK has been rolling all over town on a round one?

J

Jalisco Kid

I have been told not to show my work here. If they change their mind I will let you know. Since chow is an inert medium you should have known they would be hurting when fed the same as your dirt.
I have told the public what I do, but I will bet no one here has built what I build. JK

Latest posts

Top Bottom