Mendocino Purple F1

• Thread starter Onetwothree
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Onetwothree

Onetwothree

Greetings and salutations fellow farmers! Fall is upon us, and what better way to celebrate the most colorful season than by growing some purple grapey goodness?? In honor of the autumnal foliage, I popped 5 of the Nspecta's Mendocino Purple F1's from his sister company (or maybe it should be brother company since they aren't fems :p ) Pirates Of The Emerald Triangle.

Unfortunately, my luck seems to have kicked me in the nuts and 4 of them turned out to be dudes. You win some, you lose some! My sole surviving lady is 2 weeks into flower and is looking absolutely gorgeous. I'll keep this post updated with pics every now and then, definitely before harvest, and I was wondering if any of ya'll have grown this strain out yet?

I know the Nspecta said about 70% of them can be expected to naturally purple up, but with only one plant and my shitty luck on this run, I'm betting I'll fall into that 30%! Does anyone know at what point the buds start showing purple? Mr @Nspecta? No big whoop though, worst case scenario, I end up with some top shelf green buds!

Oh, and since I have very limited space (I'm a hobby grower, these buds are just for me!) I didn't want to run only one plant, so I threw some Bubba On Dubs (Trainwreck x Bubba) in a few three gallon pots and am running them 12/12 from seed. We'll see how that shakes out...

I hope everyone's summer wasn't too hot, and may your croptober be plentiful!

Last edited:
Onetwothree

Onetwothree

I thought I'd snap some pics today with lights off and give ya'll an update. If ya don't know, I'm here to tell ya don't sleep on these mendo purps! Holy hell batman, 26 days in and this ONE gal absolutely reeks of grape candy.

But I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...with 7 weeks to go, she is going to be huge. And, she's coming in purple! It's tough to see through all the frost, but she's purple!

Pitu

Pitu

Wow was looking for these ones were did you get em from??
It's an awesome looking lady bro too bad for those 4 males you got but at least this one already looks a keeper?

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

She sure as hell seems like a keeper to me! We'll see how she smokes...but if it's half as good as she looks and smells she's a winner for sure. Check out seed vault of California.

Pitu

Pitu

Damn bro she looks absolutely amazing you mentioned the smell can you describe a little?
How long are you planning to flower?
Or just watching the trichs?

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

Damn bro she looks absolutely amazing you mentioned the smell can you describe a little?
How long are you planning to flower?
Or just watching the trichs?

Thanks man!

For the first few weeks of flower the smell was pure grape candy. Like a purple jolly rancher. Now it's getting a bit more complex, with some of those typical ganja gas and funk notes, but the grape still shines through.

The Nspecta took these 10 weeks, so that's my game plan for now. I'll keep an eye on her though for sure, but I'd much rather harvest a little late than too early.

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

8 weeks down on the Mendo Purps F1, just fed her some fat flowers tea yesterday and that was the last feeding she will have. 2 weeks from now she'll be getting the chop. I'll feed her with Earth Juice Grand Finale for the final two weeks, I've been a fan of that product but I can't say I've done any science based side by side studies to confirm that it actually does anything...but my plants always seem to like it, so why not?

Side Branch (couldn't get a good pic of the massive colas)
IMG 3619

Pics don't quite do her justice (not with my limited photography skills) she is frosted to the gills and fat, dense and beautiful. She's foxtailed a bit, but with just this one pheno I can't say whether or not it's genetic or just the temps. (It's been about 85 with lights on for 4 weeks due to an unseasonably warm fall...finally dropped down to 75 for the last 4 weeks.)

I also wanted to update my 12/12 from seed experiment. (Check the first post for a recap)

I've got two Bubba on Dubs going and one of them is looking and smelling phenomenal. She looks like she leans heavily toward the Trainwreck side. The other pheno is short and squat so I'm guessing Bubba dominant, but this particular pheno either didn't like the 12/12 from seed, or was a mutant because she's got some odd growth. Either way, she's stacking buds and frosting up, so no complaints...but god damn the Trainwreck pheno is INCREDIBLE! So frosty and fat already, and she absolutely reeks like lemon cleaning solution.

All pics are of the Trainwreck pheno.

IMG 3623

IMG 3621

IMG 3622

I can't say what "week" she's in since she started 12/12 from seed...but I'd guess about week 4 or so from the looks of it. What do you guys think??

Last edited:
Pitu

Pitu

The saga continues.

Final pics of the Mendocino Purple Kush F1 from Pirates of The Emerald Triangle. Big props to @Nspecta, this is a gem. Can't wait to see the F2s.

Here she is at 70 days, I'll be chopping at 73 days.

View attachment 646423

View attachment 646424

View attachment 646425

View attachment 646426

Damn that turned out as a sweet looking plant bro!
Love the fade on those leaves also man was it due to the temps or just the strain but sure does look awesome think you'll enjoy haha.

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

Damn that turned out as a sweet looking plant bro!
Love the fade on those leaves also man was it due to the temps or just the strain but sure does look awesome think you'll enjoy haha.

Thanks for tagging along!!
The color is all in the genetics. The purple was shining through by the 3rd week of flower, but I dropped temps to 66 for the last two weeks, so that didn't hurt!

Latest posts

Top Bottom