Mini Split or regular unit?

• Thread starter Steel Erection
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OilFreak

Spot Coolers Rock!

I run 4000 watts in one sealed room. I use a Topaz brand spot cooler. It rolls from your truck into your room thru a regular 32 inch doorway - weighs 225lbs. It plugs into a regular outlet - no special wiring needed. It has one 14 inch vent hose to cool the compressor that I run under my house. It pulls 12 amps and cools 4000 watts down to 70 degrees. No need for vent fans, expensive reflectors, ductwork, professional installation, etc. I can move it to my truck by myself in less than 5 minutes. Its a no brainer.
Buy a spot cooler - you wont be sorry!
OilFreak

Topaz
blazer

blazer

Those move and cools are usually costly more than a mini-split!
Do work good but your again trying to route the intake and exhaust from your condenser and they can be loud and are not close as efficient as an inverter system!

S

Steel Erection

I run 4000 watts in one sealed room. I use a Topaz brand spot cooler. It rolls from your truck into your room thru a regular 32 inch doorway - weighs 225lbs. It plugs into a regular outlet - no special wiring needed. It has one 14 inch vent hose to cool the compressor that I run under my house. It pulls 12 amps and cools 4000 watts down to 70 degrees. No need for vent fans, expensive reflectors, ductwork, professional installation, etc. I can move it to my truck by myself in less than 5 minutes. Its a no brainer.
Buy a spot cooler - you wont be sorry!
OilFreak

I've seen those before bro. Usually pretty expensive. This is going to be a permanent build. I'd like to believe that I've learned alot in the last few years mostly by my mistakes. LOL When I finish this build I do not want to deal with any bullshit and honestly anything other then a minisplit or a regular unit wouldn't fit into my equation. But the thing sounds like it cools like a sumbitch in your situation. -SE

E

ed2much

As a person that designs and retrofits rooms I will offer some insight. While a mini split was the easiest A/C available to most beginning growers the rush has passed and people are looking at the science and business side of growing and investing their money better. The good, better, best practice needs to start with understanding grow style, lighting, watering, other heat sources, and mostly your IPM objectives in the room before any A/C can be determined. Mini splits create a nightmare cleaning which must be done often to stop mold and must be done in the grow environment. The use of a unitary split with an air handler sized appropriately will give years of easy maintenance and reliable operation. If you just go to XYZ HVAC they will sell you a mini split and if it's not big enough they sell you another and if the dehumidification is too weak they sell auxiliary units. If your HVAC company can't provide science and data as well as showing you the numbers related to your room's science find another. This is precision agriculture and treat your grow as such.

Top Bottom