Mixing my own nutes to use w/ canna coco?

• Thread starter Carl Sagan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan

Hey hey people!

I am currently growing using canna coco as well as their line of nutrients, (A+B, cannazym, rhizo). I'm VERY interested in preparing my own nutrient solution w/ mineral salts and am beginning to completely understand the concept as they relate to pure hydro.

BUT, I know that canna coco holds on to certain things like potassium, as well as behaves differently as a result. Not to mention my top-watering methods are a little different than topping off a res.

Given all these facts, has anyone tailored a nutrient profile/schedule for DIY mineral salt nutes to be used with canna coco? Or am I better off just ditching the coco and setting up a hydroton/hydro ebb/flow thing instead? The amount of money I'll save NOT using canna nutes will pretty much allow me to continue growing http://asset2.invalid.com/smilies/icon_smile.gif

P.S. Love the site!

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

Why not do a run with your Canna Coco and your canna nutes. Follow their schedule from their website and see whats missing or needed while your making your run. Sometimes less modification and tweeking is better. Keep it simple.

Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan

Yeah, I definitely plan on using the canna nutes on 90% of a crop and testing the home-made nutes on 10% of it for initial tweaking.. but upon success i'll be moving 100% of the crop over to home-made nutes.

The goal is to not spend absolute shit-tons on canna nutes and spend about $1/gallon on mineral salts. By dissolving 6-7 basic mineral substances you can recreate any nutrient-line's feeding profile by catering to the plants' macro/microelements at a rate you can control perfectly.

Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan

Yeeaeah that's my kinda shit right there, thanks dextr0. Exactly what im talkin about!

Top Bottom