MMIG dispensaries

• Thread starter JeromeGarcia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

I'm trying to compile a list of dispensaries or MIPS that are members of MMIG (Medical Marijuana Industry Group). For those that do not know, this group is the group that lobbied for some of the worst restrictions that have been created in Colorado MMJ scene. For instance, they were the people who lobbied for the caregiver registry because they felt CGs should have regulations also, so as, in Josh Stanley words "they do not do things like dump fertilizers down the drain"<paraphrased from the 10-1043 hearings>. It is vital we get this list complete as possible so we can stop MMIG from passing even worse regulations.

The dispensaries I know so far are.
Budding Health
RiverRock
Rocky Mountain Farmacy
Altitude Organics (not sure if every AO is a MMIG member but the parent company most definitely is.)
Rocky Mountain Remedies

I know there are a couple of MMCs in Fort Collins that are MMIG members but I am sure which.

Any help in filling out this list will go along way counter this groups malicious deeds, and will help ensure the CG and patients get a fair shake. Thank you.

eyecandi

eyecandi

not every Altitude location is a member (the marketing name is the only thing in common with some of these).

and if you've seen one of his grows ... you'd see drain to waste in action .......

i hope you all succeed .... there is some crap in there that needs cleaned up/out, and some good/reasonable regs made for CGs and patients that work.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I think all of the members have a national pressence...they are in every med state out there.

A couple of them are even trading on the stock exchange now..

I think the guy at the helm of one of them was actually recruited by high end executive head hunters

Tex

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

I think all of the members have a national pressence...they are in every med state out there.

A couple of them are even trading on the stock exchange now..

I think the guy at the helm of one of them was actually recruited by high end executive head hunters

Tex

MMIG? National presence? No, not yet, but they are trying. I think you must be talking about AOM.

MMIG has about 25 members at the moment. Some of the members have been refusing to pay their dues lately to.

MMIG lost a good amount of members recently when another group, CBA, started.

Membership in MMIG is at 3 levels $200 (informational), $500(voting), and $2000 (boardmember), per month. Membership can be canceled at anytime.

sky high

sky high

RESPECT to you for watchin' out for the little guys, JG.

Not gonna name any names...but I had a >very< interesting encounter and conversation (neither were planned) with a Federal Judge that I am loosley acquanited with (haven't seen him in 2+ years) and when i started my normal bitchin about how fucked up things had become and how the patients had been forgotten in this ENTIRE equation he basically told me "Don't fret too much about any of it. The END is coming soon for the dispensaries because the Feds are gonna make a move in CO very soon"

Indeed, >>>>membership can be cancelled at anytime<<<<

hang in there folks. The only constant in any of this is change.

s h

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

MMIG recently screwed me over pretty good. It was my fault though. I let the snake in the bed and it bit me.

So now I will be seeking to starve the snake... (no members = no money = no MMIG)

The other industry group that is forming to take its place is much better and far more professional. But its still a industry group, not a patients/CG group.

However what really needs to happen is to get a patient lobbying group set up, and we (can't name names but they are the best of the best in patient advocacy) are working on this as we speak. When this group finally forms it will have approximately 3,000 patients in it from the get go, and political connections like no other group to date.

Someone is going to start a new thread on this subject soon so they can get you all's input.

C

canaguy27

3-D, I talked to them about 2 months ago about it. Not sure if they are still MMIG.
GreenWerks on Colfax
New Victim, CDS, Jake Browne confirmed this in an email sayings that Mile Hi MMJ Patient Magazine had a very "staunch stance towards MMIG." Well of course we do after what they have done.
I think Dixie Elixir may be one of them too, but I have not confirmed it.

Our next magazine will be going to print soon and we would love to announce a patient group. We have room on the website for them as well. The forum would work well for it. Let me know if we can help.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

3-D, I talked to them about 2 months ago about it. Not sure if they are still MMIG.
GreenWerks on Colfax
New Victim, CDS, Jake Browne confirmed this in an email sayings that Mile Hi MMJ Patient Magazine had a very "staunch stance towards MMIG." Well of course we do after what they have done.
I think Dixie Elixir may be one of them too, but I have not confirmed it.

Our next magazine will be going to print soon and we would love to announce a patient group. We have room on the website for them as well. The forum would work well for it. Let me know if we can help.

That's for the offer D. You are known for your staunch stances, and at this time that is not the best position to be in because everyone and their mother is trying to move away from the in-fighting/tearing down that has been plaguing the movement.

I know 3-D and Dixie elixirs are part of MMIG as informational members ONLY. I didn't want to put that out because I know both companies well, and they are truly great people. 3-D is owned by Toni Fox and she is one of the best advocates there is, imo, for legalization. Dixie just joined with Cannabis Magic, and I have NOTHING but great things to say about Cannabis Magic. Dixie was also very willing to show KeefCola their operations in order to foster growth... and I don't think that turned out to good for them...

Hopefully these 2 folks can be persuaded to jump ship on MMIG and go onto the CBA, if they like that groups direction. I have a lot of pull with both these folks so, when push comes to push, I am confident they will do the right thing. So am asking that people not consider these 2 companies as the bad guys at this time.

As for CDS, I highly doubt they are with MMIG, Jill L. is quite the effective lobbyists herself and is much more aligned with patients interests than MMIG, so I don't see her going to the dark side...

C

canaguy27

3-D (Toni) is a great shop and are truly in it for the patients. We talked to her a little bit about MMIG when she first joined.

Dixie - I just heard that they were in it and have never had contact with them.

CDS - Jake told us in an email that CDS is "involved" with MMIG, so whatever that means. I took it as being a member.

Patients Plus on North Washington may be a MMIG member. I am pretty sure I saw a sticker in her window.

And yes, David is known for his opinions, and he is vocal about them. He will be leaving the magazine when he retires early next year. Because of his retirement, he has put the magazine up for sale.

What can you share about CBA?

C

canaguy27

I meant to ask you. Is Josh Stanley even still around? Is he involved with Budding Health? Does he still own Let it Grow on Broadway?

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Patients Plus on Washington is no longer with MMIG. They are one of the MMCS that recently left MMIG to create CBA.

CBA's head is Bob Hogan - who is the head of a, apparently, well respected law firm, his firm included people like Jessica (peck) Corry and Lauren Davis. So I'd think they would be less willing to go to the extremes that MMIG did (they have more to lose). I know some people at this firm are also pursuing some lawsuits on the behalf of paitents on the dl.The only dispensaries I know for sure that are in this group are Patients Plus and Good Chemistry.

Yes, Josh Stanley is still very much around and as active as ever - and that is bad for patients...

MMIG list so far
Budding Health
RiverRock
Rocky Mountain Farmacy
Altitude Organics (not sure if every AO is a MMIG member but the parent company most definitely is.)
Rocky Mountain Remedies
Greenwerks
Denvers Discreet dispensary
and a soda maker.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Norton Arbelaez, River Rock
Josh Stanley, Budding Health
Steve Ackerman, Organic Alternatives
John Salfeld, Local Product
Dan Rogers, Greenwerkz
Bryan Swanton, Dayz's
Tripp Keeber, Dixie Elixers
Jake Salazar, MMJ Amercia
Brian Cook, Altitude Organic Medicine

Guess what that list is...

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Haha... Good guess, but no. That is the MMIG board of Directors. IMO Steve Ackerman is going to looking for a job come Nov 2nd due to FOCO banning dispensaries.

Now the next part is to find out who has the lesser memberships.

Does anyone know of any other dispensaries that display the MMIG symbol, or outright claim MMIG membership?

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Well that did not take as long as I thought...

I now have MMIG's contact Db.

Its never ceases to amaze me the information people will provide you if you just ask.

My next step is to call some of these people on the list and see if they are actually MMIG members...

Anyone want to help on this?

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Bad News

It is being reported that Dan Hartman, the MMED head is out of a job today....

His losing his job was a direct result of MMIG actions.

If this is true, MMJ people can expect a replacement that is much harder on the MMCs and MMJ patients....

I have yet to confirm this w/ MMEDs spokesperson... and I will update this thread when I do confirm, so please do not quote this post yet.

UPDATE:
It is confirmed by multiple unofficial sources that Dan Hartman is out. This is not good for the MMCs in Colorado, and is another example of why MMIG needs to go.

Wot a mess.

C

canaguy27

I heard it had to do with that letter he wrote about mmcs not too long ago.

LeroyBrown

LeroyBrown

I know several people on that list.....You may wanna chat sometime..

Top Bottom