Mmmp Caregiver, No-till Organics. Advice Welcome.

• Thread starter hbrandon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hbrandon

hbrandon

My soil mix-
1/6 Mailbu bu's compost
1/6 Worm casting
1/3 Pumice and black lava rock
1/3 peat moss

Neem seed meal 1/2 cup per CF
Crab meal 1/2 cup per CF
Feather meal 1/2 cup per CF
Alfalfa meal 1/2 cup per CF
Fishbone meal 1/2 cup per CF
Raw kelp meal 1/2 cup per CF
Oyster shell meal 1/2 cup per CF
Malted barley straw 2 cups per CF

I top dress with sulfur and dolomite lime seeing as how I forgot them when mixing the "First" compost.(second mixing now)

My cover crop is a mix of clovers and alfalfa.
The worms in my pots are red wiggles.
I have also added rolly polly's.

If anyone uses gypsum, let me know what u think about it.
Anything you think Im missing please leave a comment below.

Lights-
We are running 6, 4X8 t-5s
12, 1200 watt mars Hydro LEDs

Pics coming soon-
(I water with RO so my plants are deficient in Boron and Iron, Which will be rectified soon)

The microbes we add are from Humbolt-

we will soon be reproducing them In a reservoir.
If you feel there are better microbe brands too use please inform me.

Thriv3

Thriv3

I've heard of rolly pollies/ pill bugs being problematic in some gardens. Keep an eye on them.

R

RanchoDeluxe

This thread is 4 months old.

Roly pollies will in no way harm a cannabis plant.

K

kansabis

Huh? Look up Josh steensland. They were eating his starts so he had to lay down cover crop. Rollie pollies will eat living plants.
Seen that and that is exactly why I asked that cuz they were eating on his youngins.

R

RanchoDeluxe

I have had and still have a resident population of pill bugs for at least 10 years. I've seen them outdoors in large numbers in my worm windrows/hugelkulture beds. Never once have I lost a plant.

For shits and giggles I will try to gather a half dozen or so and place them in a clear plastic cup over a small seedling... just to see what happens.

Let me know when you lose your first plant to the dreaded rolly polly. I think you're more likely to win the lottery and send me 100 bucks.
RD

K

kansabis

I have had and still have a resident population of pill bugs for at least 10 years. I've seen them outdoors in large numbers in my worm windrows/hugelkulture beds. Never once have I lost a plant.

For shits and giggles I will try to gather a half dozen or so and place them in a clear plastic cup over a small seedling... just to see what happens.

Let me know when you lose your first plant to the dreaded rolly polly. I think you're more likely to win the lottery and send me 100 bucks.
RD
I wouldn't know either way,maybe his population was outta balance or sumthin....

Top Bottom