Mold On Cured Bud

• Thread starter Irish063
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Irish063

Irish063

I was going through some of my stuff and found mold on some of the bud in one of the jars. They got really warmed up a few months ago when I had my hps light in the closet with them. (I forgot they were in there). I'm assuming that's what caused the mold.

Is there anything I can do or do I need to just toss it? It's not on all of it but since mold is spores will there be some on all of it?
Did a quick search but didn't find much.

Thanks for any help

Irish063

Irish063

Thanks. I was afraid of that. Damn that sucks. I don't smoke a ton but I hate to throw that much away.

Irish063

Irish063

RSO oil. Spores will not survive the alcohol soak.
Ok. Your saying make RSO Oil from them not spray them with it correct?

I was just wondering about spaying with Isopropyl alcohol and letting it evaporate like you would if there was bud rot in flower?

Last edited:
Irish063

Irish063

iso or ec quick wash would work but if its not a lot just toss it
There's only mold on a little bit of the bud in each of the 4 jars but the total amount in the jars is probably 8 oz.

Is ec quick wash a product or a procedure? I didn't see much on searching here or google. Couldn't think of what EC could have stood for.

Last edited:
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

There's only mold on a little bit of the bud in each of the 4 jars but the total amount in the jars is probably 8 oz.

Is ec quick wash a product or a procedure? I didn't see much on searching here or google. Couldn't think of what EC could have stood for.
it stands for ever clear iso is like 92%alc where ever clear is like 140%

Irish063

Irish063

What exactly am I doing in a quick wash. Just dunking it and then letting it dry so the alcohol evaporates? After doing some reading I see that ISO can have some lead or other impurities in it so it seems like ever clear is the better choice.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Get 30-40% h2o2 from beauty supply. Dilute ~ 1: 5 dunk the buds, shake them off, let them dry. Repeat at least once

Irish063

Irish063

Get 30-40% h2o2 from beauty supply. Dilute ~ 1: 5 dunk the buds, shake them off, let them dry. Repeat at least once
Thanks
Do you think the peroxide will work better than ever clear?

Last edited:
Top Bottom