Mold?

• Thread starter mmmdankbuds420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

I got mold I'm pretty sure, but a friend of mine cast doubt in my head saying it could be beneficial. I got 12 small babies in 4" pots. This is the only one like this. should I toss or clean?
Thanks everybody :)

Mold
soserthc1

soserthc1

the mold is in your dirt would be helpful with a entire picture of the flower and its importance to you but i would isolated it from others and flush the hell out of the medium seen it in my dirt mix after not mixing for a few days , mixed it up real good and never had a issue...... jmho...

blessings soser

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

Its only a clone a took, not much importance. Think I should toss it to be safe? Thanks! ;)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If the mold is growing on the soil/media, then your friend was correct and what you're observing is fungal mycelium spreading throughout.

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

Is this beneficial? 6 of the 12 have at least some of this on them. Dangit, I already tossed the one pictured.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Likely it is, yes.

See, here's the thing that many people fail to remember--each species has its own requirements. Powdery mildew is a type of fungus (mold). It requires living plant tissue to live, survive and spread. So, anyone concerned about PM getting on or in their harvested buds isn't looking in the right direction--that would be a mold that lives on dead tissues in particular conditions (dry rot in a home, for example).

Other molds, like mycorrhizal fungi, require living plant tissues to live in symbiosis, that is to say they cannot live without each other. I think that's the most likely type of mold you're observing.

Finally, if the plant itself isn't showing any kind of disease symptoms, there's no reason to suspect it's sick at this point. And, even if it were, what mold would grow both on the soil and the plant?

buddahslave

buddahslave

Looks like beneficial fungi to me. Did you mix a tea and added it to your soil? You will see that sometimes on Happy frog soil. If you think its mold don't through the plant away just flush with a peroxide/water solution:cigar:

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

I used what I think was called thrive alive from BC nutrients? Would you say about 10ml per gallon a good number? Thanks Buddha! :)

buddahslave

buddahslave

I used what I think was called thrive alive from BC nutrients? Would you say about 10ml per gallon a good number? Thanks Buddha! :)
Thrive alive is a vitamin B supplement, I don't think it has beneficials in it but im not 100% sure. But as far as the hydrogen peroxide goes it all depends on which one you bought. They come in different percentages.

Top Bottom