Monsanto buys Foxfarm?

• Thread starter StonerB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Capitalism sucks because of corruption, on paper its one of the best systems out there, but with greedy people making billions of dollars they can do what they want and it fucks up the whole system.

Same thing with Communism, on paper it looks good, but you always end up with some crazy dictator that doesn't care about the civilians and makes his own laws that are inhumane. I got family from and in Cuba, so I know 2nd hand.

SkunkDoctor

SkunkDoctor

I've used 100s of bags of of and happy frog mostly happy frog and there all have Good no bugsat all over the years there notes are OK I've got huge yields with them I have moved on but still use some sometimes

SkunkDoctor

SkunkDoctor

From my experience I think its how and where the hydro shops store them
That gives them bugs

K

kolah

Bugs and stuff are everywhere. Unless you heat the shit out the soil. I like all of Fox Farms stuff...but at 20 bucks a sack that's just a bit too pricey for me.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Kolah you're getting ripped off at $20 a bag.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

used to pay 12$ a bag for ocean forest in Co.....they said thats as low as they could go as they were then selling it at cost.

WeirdWentPro

WeirdWentPro

used to pay 12$ a bag for ocean forest in Co.....they said thats as low as they could go as they were then selling it at cost.

Depends on the store. The more bulk you can order the lower your cost. Cost for a store that deals in truckloads at a time can be well under 10 dollars per, whereas a store that gets it a pallet at a time might be paying 12 and up.

WeirdWentPro

WeirdWentPro

Bugs and stuff are everywhere. Unless you heat the shit out the soil. I like all of Fox Farms stuff...but at 20 bucks a sack that's just a bit too pricey for me.

Excellent point. If you are using actual soil you run the risk of bugs no matter what the brand. I've gotten fungus gnats from both Roots and OF, as have many people I know, and Im fairly sure that Roots was the source of my first wonderful experience with RA's. It's rare, that was a handful of bags out of many thousands of good ones back when I ran soil, but it does happen. It doesnt have anything to do with how shops store it, the shit isnt made and bagged in sealed sterile factories, its various components are stored outside under cover in huge piles open to the air while its composted and then mixed. It might be bug free or it might not depending on what part of the pile your bag came from, what time of year it was, how fresh it was before bagging, etc. It's a part of life for a soil grower, there's no getting around it. Know how to deal with the bugs if you need to, theyre generally not much of a nuisance if youre on top of your shit (RA's being a notable exception).

c6j0e3

c6j0e3

I had to see if this was a myth or had some fact to it.. so I just gave them a call.

As I have been told by one of Scotts' representatives, not only have they not purchased FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Company, there is no information available showing that they have even looked into purchasing FoxFarm. At this point in time, there is no interest in FoxFarm on Scotts' behalf.

There you have it ladies and gentlemen.

S

StonerB

this thread is an example of why i hate the forums sometimes. hearsay presented as fact.
What the fuck about the question I asked made you think I presented this as fact. Im not the best at punctuation and im not here to be an english teacher but I beleive any sentance that ends with a question mark is NOT being represented as fact but as a QUESTION. I hate forums because of people who troll around looking to throw out useless comments. By the way what is YOUR idea of "fact" because I have science books that say its a "fact" Pluto is a planet. A fact is the consensus of the general public at the time, thats what were here to get. If you dont like forums why do you go to them, read them, then reply back? YOU are why most people hate forums.

symbiote420

symbiote420

I was in the dro store a couple weeks ago and brought this up, my man called the rep for FF right in front of me and the rep was like "F*** no!.....it is and will remain family owned"
Emailed Monsato/Scott's they replied saying they "didn't buy nor had plans to buy FF."

This thread needs to be killed because Monsanto ain't buy spit, this is a wicked rumor started by some hate filled nerfherder at the most! My dro store homie says the reps for FF make roughly 50k - 60k a year! That's a nice chunk for just a rep, so imagine what the big wigs are pulling!

doctordank

doctordank

$10 a bag, thats crazy cheap. In the north east, grow shops charge as much as $25 a bag! I dont think I have seen any cheaper than $20 but it was full of knats......

sky high

sky high

The wholesale price for a bag of OF is within $2 across the US....depending upon the supplier.
The hydro shops cost for a bag is roughly $10-12, FYI.

If your shop is selling it for cost they are doing you a huge favor because, unlike most other goods in the hydro industry, the cost to ship the soil and hydroton is borne by the hydro store. With lights/nutes/trays/etc.....if the hydro shop buys 5K worth at a time the shipping is usually included/paid for by the wholesaler for these items. Not so with soil...even if you make a huge purchase of other goods....you eat the shipping cost

The last pallet I ordered (66 bags on a pallet) when I had my store cost me about $660 for the soil...and another $450 to ship it from Cali to CO. So $10 per bag....and another 6.80 per bag to ship it. I sold it for 19.99......making a WHOPPING $3.10 a bag for ordering it... unloading it... and storing in it my shop...where it took up lotsa room i could had other merchandise displayed.

All in all...a complete loss and waste of time....and more of a serviice to your customers than anything else...

It's funny that people insinuate that the hydro guy must dig it and bag it out back and pocket $20+ per bag....LOL Fuckin ripoff!

FWIW...never had a bag of OF in thousands show with gnats in it. (you used to never see PM iin Colorado either...uuuhhhummm...)

be well, all

s h

S

StonerB

i think that everytime it pops up in my newsfeed. someone but this thread out of its misery, this rumor was never close to being true.
I never intended to continue or spread any rumor. It was a question that I really wanted to know. The answer has clearly been found. At the time I was the general manager of a hydro store and yes I called reps from both companies and could not get an answer. If they can NOW state a deffinitive NO thats all good. When I posted this it WAS very questionable. I simply wanted truth, not an opinion war. Just out of curiosity, how do you know it was NEVER close to being true. Who says they didnt have everything in place untill the deal went south, these things happen. Seems to me when you make statements such as "NEVER" it is you spreading rumors as fact.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

$5 a sack from home depot...FTW.....little coco and perlite added...kicks ass.

Fungus gnats are easliy dealt with if I get them from this...which I do...lol..

Top Bottom