Move During Flowering

• Thread starter Psycho2000
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Psycho2000

Hi all.

Plants are in 1 gallon pots and have entered flowering stage already.

Is it too late to move to bigger pot size now? Would that activity shock that plant too much during this crucial stage?

Thanks

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not if you're careful and don't change the soil. Be careful about opening up the root ball (I'm not, but I've been gardening a while).

Keep in mind that if you move to a bigger pot, the plant is going to try to grow more leaves first, you would be delaying flowering a bit, depending on how big the pots. That said, keep in mind this phrase, "As above, so below." So more leaves above (where your photosynthesis happens) means more roots below to support them, more to support bigger better budular growth.

But, like I said, it'll take a bit longer. By how much I don't know, I don't remember whether or not I've transplanted to a bigger container at that stage or not. :/

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Hi all.

Plants are in 1 gallon pots and have entered flowering stage already.

Is it too late to move to bigger pot size now? Would that activity shock that plant too much during this crucial stage?

Thanks
It won't shock it too much, but it's not recommended because it will slow you down about a week or two.

Best of luck.
Peace

Monster762

Monster762

Do it carefully you'll be ok. I suggest using unfertilized soil and perelite. I'm new but common sense says run no presaged nutes in soil at that stage. Peat moss sand and perelite. Spread your nutes into it. Gradually. I did it with no slow at all. Just make sure you get it out the existing pot cleanly. No stressing it or mangling it.

Top Bottom