Multiple Problems In Coco (first Time Growing)

• Thread starter voldekush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Enforcer

Enforcer

i want to do a soil all organic i have bat guano at home,cattle shit decomposed also at home and i don't think i'mma need anything else,they say weed grows in the soil of corn and the corn is doing quite good here with minimum cattle waste added every spring,not to mention that every year the corn is planted where the potatoes were last year so less nutrients left
what do you think?
also what do you mean by 'easter' i think it is autocorrect

Tip for ya. Don’t put organic nutes through a dripper system. Gunks up the works.

A

Antonius831

Sorry to interrupt, but my plant has this illness and being a first time grower I don’t know what’s happening to my beautiful Chem Dog 4 plant!!! This is happening to multiple branches only it pretty much killls everything beyond the dry point this pic shows it on main stem partially but now it’s completely around it and I’m just waiting for it to die =(

96DA2108 DCDD 401C 8E50 BDC46E9A4155
FA68ACA9 B888 4AB0 AC0E D86A3781BA3C
F52282C3 0FF0 4EE9 B9A5 65D1023FAA1C
E569CF97 EAB5 4564 B93A 68A3F42E46C7
A

Antonius831

Sorry to interrupt, but my plant has this illness and being a first time grower I don’t know what’s happening to my beautiful Chem Dog 4 plant!!!

Enforcer

Enforcer

Sorry to interrupt, but my plant has this illness and being a first time grower I don’t know what’s happening to my beautiful Chem Dog 4 plant!!!
I’m not sure, but it looks like she may have contracted a virus when that branch was removed. Try starting a thread about this in the Infirmary forum and you’ll get more help.

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
I use tap with about 160ppm and 7.1 ph. Ph-ing first has helped me immensely. Maybe cuz using different nutes?

Enforcer

Enforcer

I use tap with about 160ppm and 7.1 ph. Ph-ing first has helped me immensely. Maybe cuz using different nutes?
I’ve seen people pH their water first. I guess if you are very familiar with your nute line you get to the same place weather you pH before or after mixing. However, if you use RO water (like me) it will damage the probe on the meter if I try pH correcting pure RO water.

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

I’ve seen people pH their water first. I guess if you are very familiar with your nute line you get to the same place weather you pH before or after mixing. However, if you use RO water (like me) it will damage the probe on the meter if I try pH correcting pure RO water.
Can you elaborate why it would damage the electrode on ur meter?

Enforcer

Enforcer

Can you elaborate why it would damage the electrode on ur meter?
Sure. This is the link to my Bluelab pH pen manual.

At the bottom of page 4 is this, among other DO NOT’s.

“DO NOT soak or rinse the pH probe in RO (Reverse Osmosis), Distilled or De-ionized water. Pure water changes the chemistry in the reference, causing the probe to die.”

So I don’t.

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

https://www.getbluelab.com/site/bluelabassist/files/Product Manuals/pH Pen/Bluelab-pHPen-ManualENG-JAN17.pdf

“DO NOT soak or rinse the pH probe in RO (Reverse Osmosis), Distilled or De-ionized water. Pure water changes the chemistry in the reference, causing the probe to die.”

So I don’t.
So u check ur ph and put it back in the case with the solutions still on it?
I am on my 3rd tester,and its gettimg old

Enforcer

Enforcer

So u check ur ph and put it back in the case with the solutions still on it?
I am on my 3rd tester,and its gettimg old
No. I rinse the probe with plain tap water after every use, and once or twice a week I put a few drops of the KCI storage solution in the cap. I’ve had mine for about a year without issues. And I pH my res everyday to make sure it’s in range.

Madmax

Madmax

https://www.getbluelab.com/site/bluelabassist/files/Product Manuals/pH Pen/Bluelab-pHPen-ManualENG-JAN17.pdf

So I don’t.
Well thats good to know..what about tank rain water.i used my truncheon in it and didnt even registrar nothin.used my 50 buck red ph pen in it..tank water wouldnt b d ionized hey just settled??ph was 6.9

Enforcer

Enforcer

Well thats good to know..what about tank rain water.i used my truncheon in it and didnt even registrar nothin.used my 50 buck red ph pen in it..tank water wouldnt b d ionized hey just settled??ph was 6.9
I would think that rain water picks up enough contaminants while falling through the air, that it shouldn’t be a problem. I’m not sure though. That’s a good question.

I also have a Truncheon and it doesn’t use the same type of probe as the pH pen. I don’t think RO has the same effect on it.

V

voldekush

Tip for ya. Don’t put organic nutes through a dripper system. Gunks up the works.
The dripper is just for watering,plain water
i thought that if i make a good soil from start i won't need any fertilizer,am i right?

Enforcer

Enforcer

The dripper is just for watering,plain water
i thought that if i make a good soil from start i won't need any fertilizer,am i right?
I know premade potting soil like FFOF is only good for the first month or so. Then you’ll need to add nutes. I’m not sure how long homemade super soil should last.

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

I know premade potting soil like FFOF is only good for the first month or so. Then you’ll need to add nutes. I’m not sure how long homemade super soil should last.
@Greatlakes <---- shes got some super duper puper soil! Look at those goons shes nurturing!
I asked my old man about uaing compost like her in raised beds, ive heard the manure doesnt hold enough moisture for a raised bed unless I feed it manually a couple times a week. No nutes from what I've read, just silica for pm purposes.
Your bud,
-Ty

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

@Greatlakes <---- shes got some super duper puper soil! Look at those goons shes nurturing!
I asked my old man about uaing compost like her in raised beds, ive heard the manure doesnt hold enough moisture for a raised bed unless I feed it manually a couple times a week. No nutes from what I've read, just silica for pm purposes.
Your bud,
-Ty
Actually compost holds water as well as coco....making it where you do not have to water as often.
I do add dry nutes to amend it (Espoma garden tone) ...and I do feed the soil flowering teas....

V

voldekush

i suppose that i'm gonna give the plant a great head start,it is not a problem if i need to re compost the soil

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

All I am saying is that all that designer dirt is a waste of money....
Costs me less then 100 a plant and I get around 5 pounds.
Amended manure is just simply magic
20180901 151432

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
@Enforcer
I just fill res with the same amount of water each time. I know if iadd 20mg ph down it will be spot on. So don't use pen, just put in nutrs and then check to make sure it's still on. Never need to adjust for more than .1 drift.

S

stemznseedz

This will be cheap, simple and fix your problems and you will be thanking me, trust me.

Just use the micro at 6ml/gal and the bloom at 9ml/gal from GH and use any cal/mag at HALF the strength recommended on the bottle and you will see your plant do a 180 and all your problems will go away. a week after they look good drop the cal/mag out and keep the rest as is until harvest and you will have no problems. if the ph falls anywhere between 5.6ish and 6.2ish consider it good otherwise adjust to within that range. water as often as you can but at least 1x a day 3x day will give you even better results but that's a lot of work without automating watering. with coco the more you water the happier the plant will be. dont let it dry out that's a soil technique with coco your just harming your growth doing that.

Top Bottom