My DIY Medical RDWC Rig.

• Thread starter PaperStreet
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Lol for sure man! I honestly dont like the buckets i cant wait to build a nice cooler rig...

I wouldnt mind looking at a few pix of yours for ideas.. One thing im going to do when i get into coolers is upgrade all equalizer tubeing to 3 inch pvc and be totally done with tubeing.

My rig is perpetual i have plants from just start of flower to harvest and theres nothing more of a pain in the ass than cleaning out clogs which i still do run into occasionally, bigger drainbacks will def be alot less maintenance.
I do like this design just for the ease of things but it can be better with bigger pipeing i guess!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Lol for sure man! I honestly dont like the buckets i cant wait to build a nice cooler rig...

I wouldnt mind looking at a few pix of yours for ideas.. One thing im going to do when i get into coolers is upgrade all equalizer tubeing to 3 inch pvc and be totally done with tubeing.

My rig is perpetual i have plants from just start of flower to harvest and theres nothing more of a pain in the ass than cleaning out clogs which i still do run into occasionally, bigger drainbacks will def be alot less maintenance.
I do like this design just for the ease of things but it can be better with bigger pipeing i guess!

This is where you need to be headed to grow trees. Costco has good coolers for 90/ right now. They even have a double lid.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
One thing though with the coolers, you need to design you rown bulkhead fitting or get a bulkhead that has extra long threads. The coolers are thick and regular bulkheads won't grab, meaning the male end will not even reach the lock nut.

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Yes i noticed that on a cooler i was experimenting with that i was going to use for my controller bucket..

Did u have to extend them? I would think a clean cut,minor extension and couple back together would prolly work well. I really need to get on the cooler rig man!

While your here cap i was thinking about the biowar gear..
Maybe grabbing a 55 gallon drum and useing it as a tea brewer.
Im already on a weekly res change sometimes i go ten days just depends on the stage i guess..

Back to the ogbiowar tea tho.. How does that sound useing it as a premix as main res change deal but haveing it brewed fresh and ready for my weekly changes..
What formula would use, what mix and how would use it?
I have no experience with bennies other than useing great white etc..

Mytwhyt

Mytwhyt

I have a few mods for recirulating waterfarming using Igloo coolers with attached scrog screen. It's my own idea and I think an improvement over GH way.. This is my first post, so I thought I'd ask before I post pics in someones eles's thread..

Mytwhyt

Mytwhyt

IMG 1981 IMG 1982 IMG 2041 IMG 2019 2 IMG 2024 2 IMG 2029 IMG 2030 2 What I have done is put in a stand pipe in the reservoir to insert the water column into it. The water level in the stand pipe will always be the same as in the grow igloo.. As the water pumps into the reservoir it returns to the other igloo.. You just pull it out to clean it, and it always stays put.. A frozen 2 liter bottel keeps it cool in the hot weather.. It only doubles the usable available water but its enough since I check it and add every day... It's easy to drain out side to the garden with a hose attached to the reservoir valve... It's all 1/2 inch and the wf gromets fit the igloo... You do need to drill to link the two igloos.. Next time I'll go 3/4". Those orange colunm supports were cut from the bottom of a 5 gal bucket.

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Ok not what i had imagined mine to be with the round coolers but still better than the buckets nice plan. And efficient. Mines gonna basicly be the same design except useing the bigger rectangle coolers thats a good idea man.

Mytwhyt

Mytwhyt

When using an ice chest for a reservoir, I up the size of the stand pipe and drop in three pumping colums. All of the stand pipes will need a support at the top... I like to use air to move the water to cut down on the heat a pump adds.

IMG 2009 IMG 2008 2 IMG 2093

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Im figureing on sealing those drains and basicly mimicking the same design i showed in my first post.
Have u drilled the side of the coolers if so how did u make the extensions to match the thickness of the cooler the only thing i can come up with is sealing both sides of the walls with grommets and popping str8 thru with pvc and just putting a nipple on the inside on the cooler to stop roots from draining back idk its the best i can come up with tho

Mytwhyt

Mytwhyt

These two pics show how I got through the side of the igloo. I used a 1/2" barb with male threads. One that's used for drip lines. I bought all of this at Home Depot.. It's not that thick of a wall so there's enough thread that comes through to the inside so you can use a 1/2 threaded connector as the nut.. I also used a little teflon tape on the barb threads... I used O ring water hose washers on each side to seal it.. A little silicone after it's put together doesn't hurt... You also see a 1/2 screen in the end of the connector. It sets right in the threads... That's out of a 1/2 bubbler used for trees and such. When you drill a hole through an Igloo, you need to adjust the angle a few degrees it get the inside washer to lay flat on the inside wall.. That's where a leak will start. ps The white on the barb is a bar code...:)
IMG 2025IMG 2023

Top Bottom