Need Help On Using Neem Oil For Both Foliar And Soil Drench

• Thread starter RegularJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RegularJohn

RegularJohn

Hi all!
I've seen couple of flying insects on my plants leaves and based on my previous experience Im %99 sure they are fungus gnats! so I decided to use neem oil extract which I bought from a local grow shop. but unfortunatelly I have never used this both as foliar or soil drench before. as far as my research I have found it's really easy to use neem oil as foliar spray but my actual concern is to use it as soil drench and screw all the plant by damaging the roots.
anybody here have used neem oil as soil drench or foliar spray?
any help would be apperaciated!
thanks in advance

RegularJohn

RegularJohn

1 canna
2 canna

Monster762

Monster762

Ok I use neem at 30 ml per gallon. That’s neem extract concentrate at Walmart. Not the strongest but not all water either. It’s 70% neem oil. Less thann$10.
I mix it in luke warm water not hot. using something like garden soap. Not detergent. Just a drop ( even 1/2 a drop) to make the oils little more rinsable later. Drench , let sit few hours n rinse good with clean water. I cut that mix about 50% more water for foliar. Mesquito dunks supposedly are the way to go on gnats. Google em. But I’ve had good success with neem. And buy some cheap sticky fly ribbons

Monster762

Monster762

Ok I use neem at 30 ml per gallon. That’s neem extract concentrate at Walmart. Not the strongest but not all water either. It’s 70% neem oil. Less thann$10.
I mix it in luke warm water not hot. using something like garden soap. Not detergent. Just a drop ( even 1/2 a drop) to make the oils little more rinsable later. Drench , let sit few hours n rinse good with clean water. I cut that mix about 50% more water for foliar. Mesquito dunks supposedly are the way to go on gnats. Google em. But I’ve had good success with neem. And buy some cheap sticky fly ribbons
Oh scratch the ribbons outdoors. I’d hose surrounding area with stronger bug detergent. Like ortho max but don’t get that near the plant.

Monster762

Monster762

And any foliar should be done at sunset when there’s no direct light for a while.

RegularJohn

RegularJohn

these are my ladies from a bag seed. they just hit the day 38. they were in a grow room indoor until the day 30 and I put them outdoor since 1 week. they are in 18 liter pots with good drainage. I just water them when I really believe their soil dry out(4-5 days) using biobizz allmix soil and feeding them with general organics bio thrive(grow) by checking the ph of the final water between 6,2-6,5. the one in the right actually seems pretty healthy and happy but one in the left has some claw leaves which is a symptom caused by nitrogen toxicity so it has been flushed couple days ago. this plant on the left also grows slowly and seems droopy since I put them both outside.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Promis
For those plants, use 1ml/g woul drench the next 3x. No more fg.....ever.

It is systemic, and will stay for 30 days. Mfg says 21, I sayb30

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I've been using promis for about 3 years. Ffof comes with FG. I got times of waiting for bti to finally work. Promis works 1000%. For clones, .5ml/g is all needed. Dont use per bottle recommended dose. It's too much.

RegularJohn

RegularJohn

I've been using promis for about 3 years. Ffof comes with FG. I got times of waiting for bti to finally work. Promis works 1000%. For clones, .5ml/g is all needed. Dont use per bottle recommended dose. It's too much.
I do not think I could find what you recomend here in turkey but ima check it out for sure. so my only option right now is neem oil. but im still not sure how to use it for soil drench. would be great if you be more specific and rudimental if you used neem oil as soil drench before.
thanks a lot my friend!

Top Bottom