Need Industry Roommate

• Thread starter Exxoticgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Exxoticgrow

Been growing for years in WA and found its my tru career choice but I'm 18 so I can't work here, now that I'm old enough I wanna move to Cali get my rec and start working in the industry. Dedicated n reliable jus never given a chance. Lemmie kno if u can help.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Being honest with you man, go to school. A degree will take you much further in the industry rather than, "yeah I can grow weed". The demand for help here from randoms (at least in my area) is next to nothing. Nobody wants to get robbed & nobody wants to let a new guy run their program into the ground. Stay where you're at get a degree in botany or something & let that take you to 100k a year. Coming here your gonna end up with a $15 an hour dead end job, renting a shitty room, (everything is more expensive here) & pissed off that no one is letting you run shit because your a kid who moved here from WA with a goal that so many other people here already share. Not trying to be a dick at all man, I've just seen this play out with too many other friends & it bit them all in the ass.

Dbear180

Dbear180

I'm not saying go to school & give up on growing but get some kind of backing thru a technical school or college & just have some paperwork to show you know your stuff or at least attempted a certification of some kind. Otherwise it's like you just came in like, "Hey what's up Ca, I'm exxotic, hire me bro." know what I mean?

scubascrog

scubascrog

do an inside electrical apprenticeship program then go do a bunch of electrical work on grow rooms.

E

Exxoticgrow

I'm not saying go to school & give up on growing but get some kind of backing thru a technical school or college & just have some paperwork to show you know your stuff or at least attempted a certification of some kind. Otherwise it's like you just came in like, "Hey what's up Ca, I'm exxotic, hire me bro." know what I mean?
Being honest with you man, go to school. A degree will take you much further in the industry rather than, "yeah I can grow weed". The demand for help here from randoms (at least in my area) is next to nothing. Nobody wants to get robbed & nobody wants to let a new guy run their program into the ground. Stay where you're at get a degree in botany or something & let that take you to 100k a year. Coming here your gonna end up with a $15 an hour dead end job, renting a shitty room, (everything is more expensive here) & pissed off that no one is letting you run shit because your a kid who moved here from WA with a goal that so many other people here already share. Not trying to be a dick at all man, I've just seen this play out with too many other friends & it bit them all in the ass.
I already got a degree through a college program in high school already listen to people like u Im more than capable of working at any job I want, as a young black man I already face all those problems I'm doing what I know I'm meant to and my family proud

DGP

DGP

Many of the Washington & Oregon community colleges have great horticulture degrees and one in the Tri-cities area has a really great soil science degree (all 2 year AA degrees).

Dee

E

Exxoticgrow

a degree in what?
Computer Network engineering, programming could get an internship at one of these tech companies up here and make 100k next year. For everyone who jus thinks I'm jus another kid tryna grow tha herb. I worked hard so I could pursue this under my own circumstances. So from now on if not offering please no advice ya dig?

Dbear180

Dbear180

That's what I'm saying D. Load up on knowledge where your at, become a fucking encyclopedia of plant knowledge with certifications galore. The jobs will almost land in your lap.

scubascrog

scubascrog

well I do shit in the semiconductor industry and do this shit on the side. its nice to have something to pay for your expensive grow hobby until you get good enough to get hired ya dig?

scubascrog

scubascrog

Washington is rec why do you thing you need to move to crappy ass California to start growing? outdoor farm growers are flooding so fast you would never get started, setting yourself apart from the crowd is gonna be an indoor game, unless you want to breed, plenty of room for breeders.

E

Exxoticgrow

Many of the Washington & Oregon community colleges have great horticulture degrees and one in the Tri-cities area has a really great soil science degree (all 2 year AA degrees).

Dee
Washington is rec why do you thing you need to move to crappy ass California to start growing? outdoor farm growers are flooding so fast you would never get started, setting yourself apart from the crowd is gonna be an indoor game, unless you want to breed, plenty of room for breeders.
check out my work on instagram, exxoticgrower

scubascrog

scubascrog

I feel you have a need to move cause your still in a tent? if you had somewhere indoors with a big garage or sub level you would probably be happy and wouldnt be saying stuff about getting a roommate in cali where its expensive as hell. <- bay area vallejo for 14 years before moving to portland, been here for 15 years. would never go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom