Need Info On Soil For Mother

• Thread starter MeanGreen420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Hi everyone my first grow is hydro but I’m wanting to make a mother plant also is there an easy soil mix I can do to keep one for a mother. Sorry I don’t know where to start or how to do /maintain a soil grow. Thanks!
As far as I know, there is no easy way to make your own organic soil but a very easy way to buy some. Stop by at a hydro store and get you some Roots Organic but you'll need nutrients to maintain good conditions in the soil eventually.

O

Okdogg

Any good potting soil will work. I like Coco Loco but have used Ocean Forrest, Roots, and Just Right soils for moms in the past. You will need food at some point, but the bigger the pot you put her in the longer the soil will feed her.

Ina

Ina

You can try just peat,lots of perlite and wormcasting,you can add different stones(zeolites,lava and such)along with the perlite(for microelements).It is better if the soil is not too loaded with base nutes,but also not poor and compacted.Wormcasting is also known as root stimulator and light and gentle fertilizer,you hardly can go wrong with it:)It is cheap:)How big do you want it?I suggest to keep it small as possible and transplant once or twice so you don't have to feed with other things.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

You can try just peat,lots of perlite and wormcasting,you can add different stones(zeolites,lava and such)along with the perlite(for microelements).It is better if the soil is not too loaded with base nutes,but also not poor and compacted.Wormcasting is also known as root stimulator and light and gentle fertilizer,you hardly can go wrong with it:)It is cheap:)How big do you want it?I suggest to keep it small as possible and transplant once or twice so you don't have to feed with other things.
Yeah I’m wanting to keep it small. I’ve never used soil are the wormcastings the complete soil? Or do I add it to a soil. I got perlite but no soil or anything yet. I got another month veg in dwc.

Ina

Ina

Yeah I’m wanting to keep it small. I’ve never used soil are the wormcastings the complete soil? Or do I add it to a soil. I got perlite but no soil or anything yet. I got another month veg in dwc.
Lets say 20%worm castings,50%peat and 30% stones + perlite(the more stones and perlite-the better and more air in the mix).For example,containing may vary during the growing,when plants are bigger you can transplant in more loaded soil but I guess it wont be needed.This is some light soil mix,also nice for small plants.....

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Lets say 20%worm castings,50%peat and 30% stones + perlite(the more stones and perlite-the better and more air in the mix).For example,containing may vary during the growing,when plants are bigger you can transplant in more loaded soil but I guess it wont be needed.This is some light soil mix,also nice for small plants.....
Thank you ina!!

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Promix bx Or hp. 3/4 teaspoon maxi bloom every other watering. Done
Went by hydro shop they only had promix bx by the bale so I got roots organic will that be ok? Shows to have perlite and everything in it. Also got the maxi bloom. You said 3/4 tbs of maxi bloom is that per gallon? I’m gonna have these in half gallon pots

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Went by hydro shop they only had promix bx by the bale so I got roots organic will that be ok? Shows to have perlite and everything in it. Also got the maxi bloom. You said 3/4 tbs of maxi bloom is that per gallon? I’m gonna have these in half gallon pots
Ya 3/4 should do.. mixed in a gallon of water. Never used roots, but I’m sure it’s fine. If it has fertilizer in it, maybe don’t feed with maxi for a few weeks

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Might want to keep the mother in a couple gallons root space once she’s grown (transplant after she outgrows the half gal)

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter

Look into bonsai mothers man. They’re sweet and a great space saver. I keep 18 in a 1020 tray by pruning the roots every month or so and topping as needed.

You can clone the topped parts or just flower the mother and get new cuts from it to keep it till the next time. Its a nice technique.

I use the same mix i use for my flowering gals and every month or something they get fresh soil so they manage :)

Ina

Ina

Look like the light is a little bit too much for clones.If you can stop half of it until they get roots.....Also you can spray their leaves(or the walls) with water,i guess it will help them a little.how is the humidity in that space?The place and the cloning machine looks really cool:)

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Look into bonsai mothers man. They’re sweet and a great space saver. I keep 18 in a 1020 tray by pruning the roots every month or so and topping as needed.

You can clone the topped parts or just flower the mother and get new cuts from it to keep it till the next time. Its a nice technique.

I use the same mix i use for my flowering gals and every month or something they get fresh soil so they manage :)
Ok will do thank you! Yeah I’m gonna need it small so your technique would be ideal.

Top Bottom