New Grower Hydro Vs Soil

• Thread starter Frankyie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Frankyie

Hi everybody, trying to get a jumpstart on the ins and outs of growing and how to get the big yields with quality buds. The only problem is I don’t know where to start. I’m moving to Oregon in about five months to open up a recreational production facility. I live in a state where it is currently illegal. So I guess the question is where do I start and where do I find the best information to start. Also hydro or soil. Thanks guys

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

my FIRST GROW is curing now, and I have made extracts for years and I THOUGHT *I* was ready.

I suggest you move and grow your own a year or two then and only consider growing commercially.

you have much to learn grasshopper, and I am only 2-3 jumps ahead of you.

Hi everybody, trying to get a jumpstart on the ins and outs of growing and how to get the big yields with quality buds. The only problem is I don’t know where to start. I’m moving to Oregon in about five months to open up a recreational production facility. I live in a state where it is currently illegal. So I guess the question is where do I start and where do I find the best information to start. Also hydro or soil. Thanks guys

F

Frankyie

my FIRST GROW is curing now, and I have made extracts for years and I THOUGHT *I* was ready.

I suggest you move and grow your own a year or two then and only consider growing commercially.

you have much to learn grasshopper, and I am only 2-3 jumps ahead of you.
How many plants do you have? How big of a space are you growing in? Are you using hydro or soil?

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I grew four plants in coco using General Hydroponics nutrient with cal mag.

I did treat the coco with both pearlite and rabbit droppings.

I use marijuana medically for Crohns disease so only grew enough for my needs.

How many plants do you have? How big of a space are you growing in? Are you using hydro or soil?

Hydro head

Hydro head

I changed from soil to nft years ago, I find it easy to keep running sweet and my yield went up to, first thing u want to do is read, read and read some more and see what seems to be best suited to your needs, start small and get used to what your doing is the best bet

H

heisen

Hydro ALL day FTW.dirts good for worms and chicken coops.
DSC 0408

Wisher619

Wisher619

my first thought would be to get a facility
then hire some experts
Master Grower
farm hands
then take out a loan that will cover your overhead for the next 5 years
then pray every night that you make your momey back

chemistry

chemistry

If I were you I would start of in soil or coco, your mistakes will be slower to arrive, and quicker to sort out in those mediums, DWC is instant, any mistakes become a hard learnt lesson. And if you can find a good mentor to guide you, you'll be cutting your grief in half.

C

closetgrow69

Ive tried soil a couple times, then decided to try coco. My coco plants are about 3x the size of anything I’ve ever grown in soil. Everything I put into CoCo outgrows my soil plants. Maybe I just suck at soil lol!

To me - Soil requires guesswork. Coco is exact. Whatever you feed coco is what the plants get. In soil you have to plan ahead and things go much slower. In coco it’s ready, set, go. Just gotta keep the ppm’s and pH in check.

If you don’t want to tend to the plants daily, then soil could be the way to go. You can build a simple watering system for either type of medium. It’s hard to overwater coco.

I went with Canna brand nutrients and coco. You just mix equal parts of A+B. Easy. You’ll absolutely need to add some CalMag with CoCo but don’t go overboard. I add about 3ml/gal of calmag to bring the ppm’s up to about 200. I added some Silica, Rhizotonic, and Cannaboost as well during veg. You always add Silica first, then calmag, then your base nutrients, then finally your additives. I wait a at least few minutes between adding different nutrients to let the solution settle out.

I’ve been feeding every 36-48 hours in bigass pots (for coco). 6.5ish gallon pots and they drink 2.5-3gallons every other day. That’s different than what most people do. Most people go with smaller pots and feed daily or multiple times a day. Never let the coco get completely dry. Never. I wait until the top layer gets dry, but if I scratch the surface it is nice and damp just below the surface. Most people never let the coco dry out at all with the daily/multiple times a day feeds. I plan on trying that technique next round with one plant.

You will use lots of nutrients with CoCo doing drain to waste, but it seems to be the best way to run it as opposed to a recirculating system. BUT people have had success with both... Just seems that most people (including me) drain to waste

If you have nutrient problems then flushing coco is super easy. I always water to like 30-40% runoff, drain to waste, and never flush.

I feed 6ml of A+B to clones and youngins. Then bump it up to 8ml/gal in veg. And I only use 9ml/gal so far in flowering. I added Cannaboost when the pistils started to really form and flowering was 100% in effect. It was about 12 days after the switch to 12/12. Going to add in a PK boost srpund week 5 of flowering.

Day 34 of 12/12 in the pics

D1DF8647 695B 4409 BCE3 8A3E9918BB41
8FB8C288 286E 4521 B998 EABE45DB4463
Last edited:
Q

Quinton11

Ive tried soil a couple times, then decided to try coco. My coco plants are about 3x the size of anything I’ve ever grown in soil. Everything I put into CoCo outgrows my soil plants. Maybe I just suck at soil lol!

To me - Soil requires guesswork. Coco is exact. Whatever you feed coco is what the plants get. In soil you have to plan ahead and things go much slower. In coco it’s ready, set, go. Just gotta keep the ppm’s and pH in check.

If you don’t want to tend to the plants daily, then soil could be the way to go. You can build a simple watering system for either type of medium. It’s hard to overwater coco.

I went with Canna brand nutrients and coco. You just mix equal parts of A+B. Easy. You’ll absolutely need to add some CalMag with CoCo but don’t go overboard. I add about 3ml/gal of calmag to bring the ppm’s up to about 200. I added some Silica, Rhizotonic, and Cannaboost as well during veg. You always add Silica first, then calmag, then your base nutrients, then finally your additives. I wait a at least few minutes between adding different nutrients to let the solution settle out.

I’ve been feeding every 36-48 hours in bigass pots (for coco). 6.5ish gallon pots and they drink 2.5-3gallons every other day. That’s different than what most people do. Most people go with smaller pots and feed daily or multiple times a day. Never let the coco get completely dry. Never. I wait until the top layer gets dry, but if I scratch the surface it is nice and damp just below the surface. Most people never let the coco dry out at all with the daily/multiple times a day feeds. I plan on trying that technique next round with one plant.

You will use lots of nutrients with CoCo doing drain to waste, but it seems to be the best way to run it as opposed to a recirculating system. BUT people have had success with both... Just seems that most people (including me) drain to waste

If you have nutrient problems then flushing coco is super easy. I always water to like 30-40% runoff, drain to waste, and never flush.

I feed 6ml of A+B to clones and youngins. Then bump it up to 8ml/gal in veg. And I only use 9ml/gal so far in flowering. I added Cannaboost when the pistils started to really form and flowering was 100% in effect. It was about 12 days after the switch to 12/12. Going to add in a PK boost srpund week 5 of flowering.

Day 34 of 12/12 in the pics

Bro how long was that girl in veg for! As thick as a tree

Top Bottom