New Grower

• Thread starter Bpanther
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bpanther

Hey hows it going everyone? I recently decided to start growing for my personal stash. I decided to run with hid kit. I have a dimmable ballast 250/400/600 watts with super lumens. I have a MH and HPS bulb. I started a few seeds about 3 weeks back and it's awesome to see the growth every morning. I'm using a nice sized walk in closet right now but I have a 4x4 tent with exhaust and a carbon fiber filter. Would my 600 watt light be enough for a 4x4 tent? I would appreciated any help and I've also done a fair amount of research on the subject. That doesn't make me an expert lol.

B

Bpanther

20171106 103135

Dan789

Dan789

Welcome, no experience with either MH or HPS bulbs, just T5 & LEDS for me. Your plant looks good, good luck with your grow.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I started out in a 4x4 tent with 1x 600w el-cheapo Apollo cool tube kit. Absolutely KILLED it my 1st harvest.

I found 6-9 3.7 gal pots for a perfectly in a 4x4.

B

Bpanther

Welcome, no experience with either MH or HPS bulbs, just T5 & LEDS for me. Your plant looks good, good luck with your grow.

Thanks I just did my first micro topping and the nodes are just starting to poke out.

B

Bpanther

I started out in a 4x4 tent with 1x 600w el-cheapo Apollo cool tube kit. Absolutely KILLED it my 1st harvest.

I found 6-9 3.7 gal pots for a perfectly in a 4x4.

What kind of harvest were you getting if you don't mind me asking?

B

Bpanther

17.65 oz dried my 1st run. Now I did research my ass off for 1yr before even popping a seed. Knowledge is key, behind genetics and environmnt.

Nice. I've been doing research and watching some pretty good growers online form the last few years. I just moved into a new place with a perfect grow room so I figured now was a good time. The only real issues I'm having for my basic grow is keeping the RH up and my temp swings around 11 degrees. My RH is normally around 40 during the day and 60 at night. My temp swings from 73 to 84.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Keep that rh about 65% 24/7 depending on if in veg or what week in flower. Keep those temp swings 10* or lower.

B

Bpanther

I think it may be my weather center. I'm running a humidifier 24 /7 on high and the RH in my area has been high the last few weeks. As far as the temp I just need to do a better job with my air flow between my light and dark cycles.

B

Bpanther

Its nice and cool outside so Im venting cold air form outside

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

If your bringing in cold air from outside, that may not be your best option. Your greatly .increasing tour chances for mold n crap. I did that for a few months and got super screwed. Ended up bleach washing my entire building basement where my grow is at, then painting 3 coats of mildew and mold resistant paint. I will never bring in outside air in ever again.

If you do keep bringing in outside air, I'd strongly recommend using a hepa filter.

Cold outside air hitting your humid warm air causes this, and bringing in spores.

B

Bpanther

Thanks for the tip I may have to figure out a way to just vent hot air outside and pull air from my place. I'll hold off until my tent gets here. No point in solving the same problem twice.

Crops

Crops

17.65 oz dried my 1st run. Now I did research my ass off for 1yr before even popping a seed. Knowledge is key, behind genetics and environmnt.
Yeah man def oh.. from the farm just harvest my first grow learnt so much from the guys & girls on here ....like the demon said............ I didn’t research but just got onto it through my brother-in-law .he is thick as shit couldn’t grow a daisy lol.so did it for him...and yeah I learnt so much off here big up the guys and girls

Last edited:
K

kansabis

Thanks for the tip I may have to figure out a way to just vent hot air outside and pull air from my place. I'll hold off until my tent gets here. No point in solving the same problem twice.
I'd say things are fairly good so far. My temp swings around 12degrees almost daily and my rh has been low thnx to furnace and dry air but during veg it does help growth rate to have the rh a bit higher. Just keep on keeping on and learning as you go and you will be rewarded greatly for it.

Crops

Crops

Off how many plants?
Only bin doing it about 6 months my first run and 1 plant 6 oz wet wait Just over 4 ounces dry and smells delicious not to sureWhether that’s good or bad but it’s okay for me to learning as I go along

Top Bottom