New Growth Look Like Tacos...need Help

• Thread starter thebudman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

thebudman

First time grower here, also new to this site, needing some help. This is an outdoor grow of Jack Frost grown from clones. I have 6 plants. They are in 15 gallon smart pots, grown in Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil. The grow has been going fine until about a week and half ago. I am having trouble with only one plant. I lowered my pH from about 6.5 to 6.2 then to 6.3 using fox farms tiger bloom. I noticed on the lower half of one side of one plant, all of the new growth including preflowers, were wilting and the leaves were folding like tacos. I have had the plants covered for over a month w 50% shade cloth, & they all get fed the same. Half nutrients with every other feeding. I have tired flushing the plant with pHed water & have given all plants small doses of Fox Farms Kelp me Kelp You (which is supposed to help with heat stress) The issue hasn't gotten much worse, but it hasn't gotten better either. I even started using hydrogaurd to all plants thinking it was a root prblem, but no signs of recovery. I also thought it could have been getting overheated (the weather here has been very hot 100+ degrees but this is the only plant thats having problems.) so i turned that side away from the sun. Still no change. I'm not sure what else to try so i am hoping you guys can help. Thank You!

New growth look like tacosneed help
New growth look like tacosneed help 2
New growth look like tacosneed help 3
New growth look like tacosneed help 4
New growth look like tacosneed help 5
New growth look like tacosneed help 6
Strangeone

Strangeone

Looks like heat may be causing that, also could be a magnesium deficiency..you could try a little Epsom salt..

F

Fuzzy buds

Looks like heat may be causing that, also could be a magnesium deficiency..you could try a little Epsom salt..
I actually read that human urine is actually very good for the plants I was thinking about it not sure though LOL

Strangeone

Strangeone

Probably the side getting the most sun...i have 3 plant's and one of mine is doing the same thing but not as bad as yours..it has to be heat..its been over 100° for the past month..

Strangeone

Strangeone

I actually read that human urine is actually very good for the plants I was thinking about it not sure though LOL
And I heard the same thing, but you really need to water it down quite a bit..

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Have you scoped it for bugs? Possibly broad or russet mites. They do attack the lower parts first. And they make leaves taco up.... heads up tho. You can not see them with the naked eye. You need a minimum 60x magnification to see them... Even at that magnification, they will look about as small as looking at a spider mites with the naked eye.... get a scope to look.

Does this look familiar?
20170715 192933

F

Fuzzy buds

Have you scoped it for bugs? Possibly broad or russet mites. They do attack the lower parts first. And they make leaves taco up.... heads up tho. You can not see them with the naked eye. You need a minimum 60x magnification to see them... Even at that magnification, they will look about as small as looking at a spider mites with the naked eye.... get a scope to look.

Does this look familiar?View attachment 728598
Yeah the distal kind of the same might as well that we're still and I did spray that one half of the side today I'll put Epsom salts tomorrow when I feed I don't know what else to do

F

Fuzzy buds

Yeah the distal kind of the same might as well that we're still and I did spray that one half of the side today I'll put Epsom salts tomorrow when I feed I don't know what else to do
I did put a scope on them by the way all the pistols looked dead or dying on that one side of the plant the preflowers and pistols were so small which hard to tell exactly what I was looking at but they were kind of brown

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

20170730 201659
did your hairs start slowly Browning up? Then turning black? Then drying up and shrivel up into the bud? If the white hairs died and started to shivel... id cut that branch and toss it into a fire. I could be wrong about it being broad or russets tho... But if it is...that's what I would do before it infects the rest of that plant..... you need like 100x scope. These guys are fuking retarded tiny... Only way to tell is a 60x or higher to see them. You will not see them with the naked eye.

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

They are not like spider mites. Wich wrap up and with webs and eat leaves. These guys will straight eat your bud to death. They eat the hairs, eat the bud and the leaves.

Last edited:
Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

I'm telling you take that plant. And move it like 50 plus yards lol.....get that plant away from the rest of you crop. Im serious... if its broad or russet mites. That shit will spread like wild fire.... kill that plant or the infected arms. And move it away from your crop as far as you can. Cross your fingers you never cross paths with them.....

F

Fuzzy buds

I'm telling you take that plant. And move it like 50 plus yards lol.....get that plant away from the rest of you crop. Im serious... if its broad or russet mites. That shit will spread like wild fire.... kill that plant or the infected arms. And move it away from your crop as far as you can. Cross your fingers you never cross paths with them.....

F

Fuzzy buds

That is exactly what I was thinking of doing the one thing that has me wondering if it is Broad mites how come it's only one side of the plant and some of the inside leaves actually turned yellow and brown like I over nuked it or maybe the pH got screwed up either way I should just move it and spray it and hit it with some Epsom salt you think

F

Fuzzy buds

Well I chopped about 5 huge branches off of it probably lost at least 6 or 7 oz but I still have plenty of plant left drench the hell out of it with anti Mite spray and moved it about 85 feet from the other plans that's as far as I can get it don't know what else to do uhh

20170810 193516
snippetysnip

snippetysnip

Thank you very much for your help I really appreciate it the plant is doing fine other than the fact that it's missing 5 huge branches off of one side lol fuck I hated to do that
Just make sure you hit it again with the spray as you may not have removed all the mites..
there may only be a few left that you won't spot but they will multiply over next few weeks then you'll have the same problem if that's what it was..
Prevention rather than cure is always better..
Good luck

Top Bottom