New Growth Look Like Tacos...need Help

• Thread starter thebudman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Fuzzy buds

Just make sure you hit it again with the spray as you may not have removed all the mites..
there may only be a few left that you won't spot but they will multiply over next few weeks then you'll have the same problem if that's what it was..
Prevention rather than cure is always better..
Good luck
I plan on spraying it tonight when the Sun goes down and I probably will give all the other plants a shot of it too they're all about two weeks into flower the spray should not affect the taste of the buds from what I read

20170812 083937
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

What kind of mite spray are you using because the standard spider mite insecticides do nothing against russet mites that I'm aware of. I just posted a thread looking for a safe way to protect my girls without poisoning the people smoking. Three of my plants are a little less than 2 weeks into flower and in a nearby greenhouse we have a crazy infestation of these tough little bastards. They eat up all the new flowers and resin stalks before they eventually kill the plant. They make spider mites look friendly, comparatively speaking. They look just like a nute prob until you scope em.

Here's some pics from our greenhouse...

20170731 082514
20170731 082504
20170731 082455
20170731 082447

F

Fuzzy buds

What kind of mite spray are you using because the standard spider mite insecticides do nothing against russet mites that I'm aware of. I just posted a thread looking for a safe way to protect my girls without poisoning the people smoking. Three of my plants are a little less than 2 weeks into flower and in a nearby greenhouse we have a crazy infestation of these tough little bastards. They eat up all the new flowers and resin stalks before they eventually kill the plant. They make spider mites look friendly, comparatively speaking. They look just like a nute prob until you scope em.

Here's some pics from our greenhouse...

View attachment 729683 View attachment 729684 View attachment 729685 View attachment 729686
I hated to do it I hated to do it but I had to cut away everything that look infected and it was a lot I sprayed the whole plant literally soaked it with this insect disease and Mite control I know it says for roses flowers and shrubs and not vegetables but I figured what the hell there's really no flowers yet anyway they've only been in Pre flower for 2 weeks it's been 5 days now and the plant is looking fine and there is no sign of trouble I'm going to spray it again one more time tonight and hopefully that will take care of it because I do not want to spray this s*** once the buds start to form

20170814 074031
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I hated to do it I hated to do it but I had to cut away everything that look infected and it was a lot I sprayed the whole plant literally soaked it with this insect disease and Mite control I know it says for roses flowers and shrubs and not vegetables but I figured what the hell there's really no flowers yet anyway they've only been in Pre flower for 2 weeks it's been 5 days now and the plant is looking fine and there is no sign of trouble I'm going to spray it again one more time tonight and hopefully that will take care of it because I do not want to spray this s*** once the buds start to form

Did you scope the healthy looking leaves and nugs. These little bastards can't be seen with the naked eye, and your leaves will look healthy right up until they curl. Once they've curled, they're already infested. I haven't read anywhere that what you're using works. There are only a handful of semi-human safe pesticides that I know of that actually are effective against broad and russet mites. If the label doesn't specifically say that it works on them then it probably doesn't (make sure it doesn't require a catalyst as well, spinosad pulled that on me). Example, Azamax is is super powerful sh*t. I sprayed last night and this morning theres like 25% left alive and they're running like their asses are on fire to the leaftips. But russet mites smile & wave at this sh*t. Crazy!

These are the first pests I've actually been afraid of total loss from. I hope you got em all. I gotta give it up to you, you broke out some savage on that plant.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Oh yeah, I forgot, as if these buggers weren't bad enough, I've read they also burrow at the base of the stalk and get into the soil. So it takes a systemic soil drench to destroy them completely.

(I can't remember the source. I'm not 100% on this, so don't take this as gospel truth. Could be some chupacabra BS.)

Just in case it isn't BS I'm scoping everything from the soil to flowers.

F

Fuzzy buds

Oh yeah, I forgot, as if these buggers weren't bad enough, I've read they also burrow at the base of the stalk and get into the soil. So it takes a systemic soil drench to destroy them completely.

(I can't remember the source. I'm not 100% on this, so don't take this as gospel truth. Could be some chupacabra BS.)

Yes I have scoped it everything still looks really good I thought for sure this plant would at least go into shock losing his many branches that did so quick I started adding hydroguard when I first saw the problem happening thought it might be a root disease or something all of my plants are looking fantastic knock on wood this is my first crush I really have no clue I'm learning everything from you guys after you internet if nothing else to hydroguard is working well just to keep a healthy root system all the routes that I can see or just as white as can be pretty impressive by the way I did start putting some neem oil and with my daily feeding I think I've only spotted two leaves at about my plans that might have had a bite taken out of him so the stuff seems to be working I'm open to anything and everything to get through this next 6 weeks LOL fingers crossed

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yes I have scoped it everything still looks really good I thought for sure this plant would at least go into shock losing his many branches that did so quick I started adding hydroguard when I first saw the problem happening thought it might be a root disease or something all of my plants are looking fantastic knock on wood this is my first crush I really have no clue I'm learning everything from you guys after you internet if nothing else to hydroguard is working well just to keep a healthy root system all the routes that I can see or just as white as can be pretty impressive by the way I did start putting some neem oil and with my daily feeding I think I've only spotted two leaves at about my plans that might have had a bite taken out of him so the stuff seems to be working I'm open to anything and everything to get through this next 6 weeks LOL fingers crossed

You'll be fine. You've definitely got this covered.

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

This shit could be true. I also heard that russet mites burrow into the stalks and soil. And they lay there eggs there. I herd if you spray them and they since danger they burrow in... take that with a grain of salt tho. Cuz it's just what some1 told me. And yeah broad or russet mites are not the most common to run into. But trust me... they make spider mites look like a joke...

The plant looks perfectly healthy even into flower. But 2 weeks in you start seeing random bud sites darkening up and the white hairs dieing off so fast. First they start to brown then the hairs pull into the bud then they go black....
On my threat list it goes from least to worst. Thrips, fungus nghats, spider mites, root aphids, broad or russet mites.

snippetysnip

snippetysnip

You need to spray every 3days with 2 or 3 different products.. this will break the reproducing cycle of the mites and stop them becoming resistant to one product

F

Fuzzy buds

Okay it's been one day short of three weeks since I spotted a problem it's been 2 weeks since I chopped the branches and nuked those little f****** I followed up with a heavy dose of neem oil and Ivory soap 3 to 1 mixture to a gallon of water the plan still looks like it is doing very well no signs of intrusion checking it constantly 5 or 6 times a day fingers are crossed hopefully one more week and I'll be in the clear not sure let me know what you think

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

This shit could be true. I also heard that russet mites burrow into the stalks and soil. And they lay there eggs there. I herd if you spray them and they since danger they burrow in... take that with a grain of salt tho. Cuz it's just what some1 told me. And yeah broad or russet mites are not the most common to run into. But trust me... they make spider mites look like a joke...

The plant looks perfectly healthy even into flower. But 2 weeks in you start seeing random bud sites darkening up and the white hairs dieing off so fast. First they start to brown then the hairs pull into the bud then they go black....
On my threat list it goes from least to worst. Thrips, fungus nghats, spider mites, root aphids, broad or russet mites.

Thanks, I'm still learning about pest control. This is the first year I've had to fight anything more than silkworms. I just scoped one of the greenhouse plants near the one that supposedly had russets and all I see is evidence of spider mites. I'm ready to call bullshit on my cousins parter. I listened to him because he's supposed to be a pro. I'm not so sure anymore. I'll be ordering a more powerful, quality, scope this week and see.

One of the dogs broke a branch so I used the opportunity to really get down on it with a 30× loop and a cheap scope at least twice that. From my research that should have been good enough to spot them. All I saw were what looked like spider mite eggs. Not one russet. Not one dead plant, or any that even look unhealthy. It's been two weeks since the suspect plant was quarantined and nothing has been sprayed. Wouldn't russet mites have destroyed the crop by now? They're 8' tall and 6' wide so they are packed like sardines. A pest would have spread by my thinking.

F

Fuzzy buds

To be honest I wish I knew this is my first time grow so I'm just guessing and listening to see what people have to say I posted what I did and everything looks great not sure how long before I know but I'm hoping it's not more than another week good luck

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

To be honest I wish I knew this is my first time grow so I'm just guessing and listening to see what people have to say I posted what I did and everything looks great not sure how long before I know but I'm hoping it's not more than another week good luck

I feel ya', this is my first legit personal grow other than houseplants. I've only worked and trimmed substantial grows before this. The nice bonus is that it's legal where I am now so we don't have to be all ninja getting advice on it. Well trained nursery people are a priceless source of information when they're not afraid to talk about it.

My county is funny. They do fines if someone has too many. But not the first time and they have the right to give warnings instead.

Pwaaahaaahaha

Top Bottom