Newbie In Need Please

• Thread starter Obeyxs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Obeyxs

I’m a first time grower been doing some research last 2 weeks really looking into doing some autos I do not have proper light system I have a 60w cfl light and can use a windowsill and no nutes

What would be my best bet on doing this any feedback would be amazing looking to do 1 plant or 2 can ads another 60w cfl if needed
What do I need?
Can I use any soil?
Do I really need nutes?
Or just water?
Can I use cfl 60w and how high above plant if so?
Thanks looking forward to the feedback

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Lol get you more lights led no cfl preferable, some proper soil, and get you some epsoma easy nutes for beginners . Get your ducks in a row then worry about growing them . Not bashing you just need to plan ahead buddy . I'm in the Bible Belt no free rooms here !
I’m a first time grower been doing some research last 2 weeks really looking into doing some autos I do not have proper light system I have a 60w cfl light and can use a windowsill and no nutes

What would be my best bet on doing this any feedback would be amazing looking to do 1 plant or 2 can ads another 60w cfl if needed
What do I need?
Can I use any soil?
Do I really need nutes?
Or just water?

S

Shawnery

What I find confusing at times is the fact that for years, decades and infact centuries cannabis has been grown with nothing but regular old soil, regular un ph'd water and of course natural sunlight.

Honestly is it really impossible to grow cannabis without the extra? Personally I spend between 300 and 500 a month growing mine so I get the idea of hating to spend money on cannabis.

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

I spend 8 bucks on soil then make a soil with fruit a vegetable cutting . If you have the time make your own soil takes months for me but I always keep it lights cost me 50 bucks

H

heisen

What do I need?
Can I use any soil?
Do I really need nutes?
Or just water?
There are very helpful people here on the forum that will help you out,You can also use the search function.Good luck bro

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

What I find confusing at times is the fact that for years, decades and infact centuries cannabis has been grown with nothing but regular old soil, regular un ph'd water and of course natural sunlight.

Honestly is it really impossible to grow cannabis without the extra? Personally I spend between 300 and 500 a month growing mine so I get the idea of hating to spend money on cannabis.
Is that your total costs or just for nutes. Look into mixing your own salts that will save you tons of money. I went with jacks formula with a few added salts. I havent spent $200 on nutes and that has covered multiple harvests

S

Shawnery

That was electricity not nutes! I spent 50 bucks on Masterblend, nit/cal, Epsom salts and will last me YEARS!

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter

What do I need?
Can I use any soil?
Do I really need nutes?
Or just water?

Have you looked into space bucket style grow? You can use any soil as long as it has good drainage and dont have clay, you will need nutes because the plant will ask for it at some point but if you have good soil rich with nitrogen you will probably be fine while you are vegging. Nutes are easy to make at home you can look into compost teas and actively aerated compost teas, there is alfalfa tea, nettle tea, comfrey tea and as long as you have some good worm casting and high p guano you should be ok and all these items are way cheaper than bottled nutes. 60w cfl is not ideal if you had 3 20 watts even that would be better than 60 w single cfl as this type of bulbs need to be close in order to be effective and they don’t have good penetration, it may be a better idea to get some feminised seeds and do 12/12 from the seed so they don’t branch out too much or train the hell out of it in order to get a very flat canopy. If you are going with autos it doesnt matter what people say if thats your lights you should train as hard as you can. In anycase don’t hope for huge yields but you can grow a plant with 60 watts, it won’t be some sight to behold. You should at least get a led growlight even if its a chinese blurple.

Top Bottom