Newbie Producer, Grower In Oregon

• Thread starter Beestydee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Herb Forester

Herb Forester

I'm just curious how the producer lead times are looking lately. Who is your attorney? Professional legal advice is smart, especially since you're out of state and not transitioning from medical. LUCS is the real clincher here, hopefully yours goes through without stress.

Last edited:
Irietime

Irietime

Suggest you get to reading and learning the basics. You can start by learning that chemo and phenotypes are called strains and not "strands". With that said, after reading a bunch come back with any questions. Good luck your gonna need it. As a new grower you are stepping off into a arena that you cannot afford to have many mistakes as the market is very tough and there are many seasoned guys out there you will be sharing the pond with.........

Heck man hire me and I'll tend your garden for you. You do the hookups and marketing and I'll do the growin. Do you have any financial backing? And are you looking to partner up with someone ? What level of license are you applying for? I would be willing to come over when the time is right (legit license in hand) and get you setup and going.

If you like what you see you could consider hiring me on to run your farm.

Welcome to the farm!!!!
@Beestydee, I would roll with the cactus if I were you, if you want a quality product. Have you seen some of the cannabis he produces? Check it out.

Beestydee

Beestydee

I'm just curious how the producer lead times are looking lately. Who is your attorney? Professional legal advice is smart, especially since you're out of state and not transitioning from medical. LUCS is the real clincher here, hopefully yours goes through without stress.
I went with Allison, Emerge Law Group. I was told about 2 to 3 months. Thank you very. I hope so too.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thank you Ned Kelly, I will keep you in mind and will be in contact with you.
I can personally speak for @Ned Kelly bro. He is solid peeps and knows whats up. And he is already in Oregon doin his thang.........If you need any help, I will help you with what I know far as outdoor/ indoor grows. But the paperwork and such with regs Ned can be a way better resource, so reach out to him if you get stuck....... Overgrow the planet!!!! :D Peace

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I helped over 200 producers in WA state with their applications, site plans, and business plans. Again....always happy to help:) We were the 10th license issued in WA so we shared what worked for us with anyone that wanted the info. Reach out if you need it. I would never think of charging money to help a fellow farmer
@inthegorge that is pretty dang righteous attitude. The not charging part. Very kool....... What I would expect from someone from the PNW!!!! Good vibezzzzz

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

I'm just curious how the producer lead times are looking lately.

@Herb Forester @Beestydee I am currently jumping through the hoops for my Tier 1 grow. My experience so far has been: 1. "Under local review" for two months. 2. Finally "assigned" a case worker 3 weeks ago. 3. Began hearing from my case worker 2 weeks ago. Things moving along since then. I did my Fingerprint thang last Friday, doin my first required METRC webinar this Friday. It appears that my case worker (whom is very friendly and professional) then passes me on to an Investigator that will do my background check and site inspection. I don't have a clue how long that will take, but will let you know if you wish. One thing for sure that I am being told from my case worker - They are BURIED in a backlog of applicants.

@Beestydee Glad you discovered that you can "quote" someone and comment in the same post! :D

@inthegorge Mighty fine and Kind offer you extended to Beesty! That is the PNW spirit - Props to you and your grow!

Peace and Good Vibes to all!

Derf

Beestydee

Beestydee

Derf, thank you for your reply. Yes keep me posted on your process. I probably won't start my season till 2018 since its going to take a while with application process. Happy planting!

wesk

wesk

Dear Beestydee, Wow! You blow me away. I thought I was going out on a limb getting my OLCC license, but clearly I don't know what taking a risk is. We're a couple of weeks out from our inspection and we've been building out our infrastructure for over a year now. The long pole in the tent wasn't the application process, but we're a mixed, tier one grow (for now)...maybe a straight outdoor grow would have been easier to get going.

I'm very happy for your plans, really, I have, like, the biggest smile on my face. If I were to offer any advice I'd say make sure you have a good place to grow up babies and have good plans for your post-harvest processes. If I were starting from square one, I'd double the space we have planned for each of those parts of our operation.

Oh, one last thing. As helpful as these sites are, take advantage of offers like @Ned Kelly and @inthegorge provided for 1x1 support. The personal touch is hard to beat. cheers, wes

Beestydee

Beestydee

Dear Beestydee, Wow! You blow me away. I thought I was going out on a limb getting my OLCC license, but clearly I don't know what taking a risk is. We're a couple of weeks out from our inspection and we've been building out our infrastructure for over a year now. The long pole in the tent wasn't the application process, but we're a mixed, tier one grow (for now)...maybe a straight outdoor grow would have been easier to get going.

I'm very happy for your plans, really, I have, like, the biggest smile on my face. If I were to offer any advice I'd say make sure you have a good place to grow up babies and have good plans for your post-harvest processes. If I were starting from square one, I'd double the space we have planned for each of those parts of our operation.

Oh, one last thing. As helpful as these sites are, take advantage of offers like @Ned Kelly and @inthegorge provided for 1x1 support. The personal touch is hard to beat. cheers, wes

Thank you, still waiting to hear back from the city. Haven't even gone through olcc yet. Hope all goes well.

Beestydee

Beestydee

@jumpincactus thats a good offer . @Beestydee im in southern oregon , Pm me if uwould like to chat . We have just gone through the process . But have our ommp grow going now .
Starfighter just finished mum refresh run . View attachment 673647View attachment 673647

@jumpincactus thats a good offer . @Beestydee im in southern oregon , Pm me if uwould like to chat . We have just gone through the process . But have our ommp grow going now .
Starfighter just finished mum refresh run . View attachment 673647View attachment 673647

My friend , do you know who in oregon I can contact for security cameras and hook up?

Pegleg

Pegleg

Just letting you know I'm still following this. Sorry you didn't get in on the 2017 grow. I do hope your living here and doing at least 4 recreational plants. You can get your medical marijuana license and grow 6. I really recommend you get started growing in oregon as soon as you get here. Conditions are very different here compared to other places in the US.
Even if you hire someone to grow for you your going to needs want to know what they are doing.

inthegorge

inthegorge

You can get your security cameras from Securitycameraking.com. They are the best priced company we could find and our 32 camera system with the DVR cost $3200.00. We got 3 3TB hard drives from NewEgg for $109 each and my partner Hayden put them all in. He has helped a number of other growers and even a couple of retailers set up their security camera systems. Where are you located? He might be able to lend a hand if you are not too far away:-) We are in the Gorge across from The Dalles.

My friend , do you know who in oregon I can contact for security cameras and hook up?

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Ugh,
Here comes another out of stater.
might be producing Recreational to large numbers, still calling it strands.
How much grow time have you actually spent?
Not trying to hate, just tired of all these out of staters (with little or no experience, but capital) coming to our beautiful state trashing the market with Shwag.
Just saying. :speechless:

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

@Beestydee Are you planning on doing the video and alarm system yourself, or are you looking at hiring a firm?

Top Bottom